Possible War with Iran

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confirmed third base hit by Missiles.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• I really thought, given all his previous rhetoric, the one thing Trump would not do is start a meaningless and costly war. It was his one saving grace. I just voted in an MSN poll that has over 300k votes, 60% of Americans in that poll favored this assassination and favor more troops in the Middle East. I hope it isn't a representative sample. The bloodlust of the American people knows know bounds if it is. I'd best 99% of those voting yes didn't know who this guy was a week ago, yet their kneejerk reaction is, kill them all.

I want to see how the candidates respond to this. If any of them go in for saber rattling, I'm writing them off.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
        we get to hear from him later tonight if you can bear to listen
        Just spoke with my Brother. Checking up on the welfare of my Nephews, one's a Marine pilot the other's husband is a Navy pilot (the late in the middle east as we speak). He's a Trumpie and is all fine with whatever may happen to them. Thinks they're bulletproof and that Iran will fold as easily or easier than Iraq did. Thinks there won't be a direct Asselt by the US but rather covert attacks targeting the Ayatollah and other top leadership. This is the mindset a third of the Nation will be sporting over the next few weeks. It'll only get worse if there's US casualties in these attacks. Fucking Hell.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• From the NBC News Tehran Bureau Chief & correspondent

Iran is warning that if there is retaliation for the two waves of attacks they launched their 3rd wave will destroy Dubai and Haifa. #iran #Soleimani #war

This is key right now: If America does not respond to these attacks then this may be over for now. If America attacks then this will escalate. #iran #usa #Soleimani #war

-------------------------------------

So glad to have a level headed leader in charge of our military at times like this ! I sure hope this is all chest thumping and it all cools down.
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Perhaps some good news, if we don't do something stupid

https://twitter.com/SinaToossi/statu...30082478120961

#Iran accomplished its tit-for-tat & says it won't escalate further unless the US does. There are reports of no US casualties. Trump must exercise restraint & pursue SERIOUS diplomacy to de-escalate w/ Iran. War would be disastrous for all sides.
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Perhaps some good news, if we don't do something stupid

https://twitter.com/SinaToossi/statu...30082478120961

#Iran accomplished its tit-for-tat & says it won't escalate further unless the US does. There are reports of no US casualties. Trump must exercise restraint & pursue SERIOUS diplomacy to de-escalate w/ Iran. War would be disastrous for all sides.
              This is exactly what I thought would happen. Iran knows how bad it would be to get into a war with the US, but they needed to do something. They wisely decided for a face saving attack that did not actually kill anyone, which is ideal. Now, the US can back out of this by simply showing some restraint. Trump would have to be a bigger moron than I think he is to not take this out. I loathe Trump, but I really do not think he wants to start a needless war. He did what he wanted to do here and has an out to deescalate. Iran handed it to him on a platter, and I think he will see this as a win. I think he takes it as such, and probably touts it as some great victory (like a guy who nearly pushes you off a cliff and then grabs you and says, "I just saved your life"). It would be incredibly dumb not to. Like so, so, so dumb. I can't believe I am saying this, but I do not think Trump is that dumb.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                This is exactly what I thought would happen. Iran knows how bad it would be to get into a war with the US, but they needed to do something. They wisely decided for a face saving attack that did not actually kill anyone, which is ideal. Now, the US can back out of this by simply showing some restraint. Trump would have to be a bigger moron than I think he is to not take this out. I loathe Trump, but I really do not think he wants to start a needless war. He did what he wanted to do here and has an out to deescalate. Iran handed it to him on a platter, and I think he will see this as a win. I think he takes it as such, and probably touts it as some great victory (like a guy who nearly pushes you off a cliff and then grabs you and says, "I just saved your life"). It would be incredibly dumb not to. Like so, so, so dumb. I can't believe I am saying this, but I do not think Trump is that dumb.
                Hope u r right
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Airplane heading for Ukraine with 180 on board crashed due to "technical issues"
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                    Airplane heading for Ukraine with 180 on board crashed due to "technical issues"
                    I saw that. Pretty much no real info at this point, but a strange coincidence if it is one.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I saw that. Pretty much no real info at this point, but a strange coincidence if it is one.
                      Tragic no matter what the cause was.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Tragic no matter what the cause was.
                        Yes, but potentially more tragic if it ends up being an attack, because 170+ dead could escalate this in a way I thought highly unlikely before. Although, I really don't see why this would be an purposeful attack. Maybe an accidental hit from a missile, that that is a long shot too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                          Yes, but potentially more tragic if it ends up being an attack, because 170+ dead could escalate this in a way I thought highly unlikely before. Although, I really don't see why this would be an purposeful attack. Maybe an accidental hit from a missile, that that is a long shot too.
                          It could be an accident, US subterfuge or Iranian false Flagging and we've put ourselves in a position where any of the three are a reasonable assumption.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                            Aren't we there at the request of the Iraqi government?

Is Soleimani responsible for unprovoked attacks on American forces?

There are and should be consequences for that.
                            Seen enough blood Gregg ? Clearly still some terrorists out there attacking us, unprovoked no less. Time to give them a little more hellfire ! Kill those dirty bastards !!
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Seen enough blood Gregg ? Clearly still some terrorists out there attacking us, unprovoked no less. Time to give them a little more hellfire ! Kill those dirty bastards !!
                              No reason to stop now is there ? Lots of Iranians with blood on their hands.
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Now is the perfect time to declare victory or whatever(maybe we can dig up that old Mission Accomplished banner)and get out of the Middle East entirely. The problems there are not problems we can solve, nor are they problems we need to solve. We are no longer as dependent on their oil and frankly, even if we were, paying more at the pump is a far better option than continuing to slog around there trying to find out which unreliable despot is most worthy of being propped up by us. Bring the troops home and let them go back to factionalized fighting amongst themselves which they have enjoyed for thousands of years.

Comment

Working...
                                X