Koch Brothers, 1 down, 1 to go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ken View Post
    What does that even mean? And why are you attacking me and talking about my kids? Even if the hot button forum is a wild west, is this who you are? Why would you pull that garbage?
    You brought up your kids. I said that your concern should be for their future in the climate change hellscape and I dont understand your offense to that. I worry about my 12 year old, and I decided against having another child specifically due to the ongoing destabilization of humanity. You may think that's overly dramatic of me. In the thread on climate change, I already staked out my position that humanity is fucked, and most here disagree, believing in some scientific miracle carbon sucking machine or whatever... so when I fight against those denying climate change, I see a disconnect, as I view it as destroying the future of the human race, most others see it as mere inconvenience or whatever. Recognize that my view is extreme and you'll probably take less offense to my reactions.

I wasn't trying to get personal in mentioning your kids, I did it as a substitute for my child, and all of ours. Sorry to offend. It wasn't personal.
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

"The Baseball part is in another section, don't enter the porta potty if you don't like the smell. Seriously--is that such a hard concept to grasp?"

this delusion is...... interesting.

if your dry cleaner has a side door to a whorehouse, would you still go there because it is "in another section?"

or would you try a different dry cleaner?

as I have noted, the war is over and the mob has won. but in an e-world, you can't literally imprison the rest of us. all you can do is make us go away. that, you are doing well. the true fact that the size of this crowd would have diminished anyway for various other reasons gives you psychological ground cover to ignore your own role in the site's destruction.

but ignoring it doesn't make it untrue.
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
        You brought up your kids.
        Right, that's actually how that works. It's one thing for an individual to make a comment based on their own kids, but an outside party commenting on them is different entirely. Regardless, I do see that you did not mean harm and apology accepted.

Still curious what calling someone a plastic effeminate mannequin is supposed to mean. Again, I heard that type insult numerous times as a kid but never expected an adult to seriously try to use it.

Comment

Right, that's actually how that works. It's one thing for an individual to make a comment based on their own kids, but an outside party commenting on them is different entirely. Regardless, I do see that you did not mean harm and apology accepted.

Still curious what calling someone a plastic mannequin is supposed to mean. Again, I heard that type insult numerous times as a kid but never expected an adult to seriously try to use it.
          Ken doll characteristics:

- artificial
          - useless
          - concerns self with "looks" more than substance
          - devoid of intelligence
          - smooth groin/lacking balls

Sorry again for the hetero-bullshit insinuation contained in my poor analogy equating you to a Ken doll. I didn't intend it, and I apologize for that aspect.
          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Cool, how about we stop with the childish name-calling entirely? It helps avoid the insinuations. I've seen the apologies before, it's sad that it keeps coming back to that. It's a pattern that is common these days - do something stupid, apologize and act contrite, do something else stupid, rinse, repeat. The apologies start to ring hollow after the 5th time.

Comment

Cool, how about we stop with the childish name-calling entirely? It helps avoid the insinuations. I've seen the apologies before, it's sad that it keeps coming back to that. It's a pattern that is common these days - do something stupid, apologize and act contrite, do something else stupid, rinse, repeat. The apologies start to ring hollow after the 5th time.
              You kept asking about the Ken doll thing, I owed an explanation. Again, I'm not attacking out of nowhere. I had already apologized and you asked again about the doll comment, so i clarified.

Comment

You kept asking about the Ken doll thing, I owed an explanation. Again, I'm not attacking out of nowhere. I had already apologized and you asked again about the doll comment, so i clarified.
                So are you done with the petty name calling? At least for this week? Or no?

Comment

Bernie Sanders absolutely contains an abundance more love and compassion for the human race than I embody, and I think it's both a good look for him and the right position.
                  Bernie takes a stand and "it's both a good look for him and the right position". I make the same point and "I wish you had 2 brain cells to rub together".

Isn't hypocrisy fun?

Comment

Bernie takes a stand and "it's both a good luck for him and the right position". I make the same point and "I wish you had 2 brain cells to rub together".

Isn't hypocrisy fun?
                    It's not hypocrisy for me to admit that Bernie is a better person with more restraint in his pinky fingernail than I have in entirety, its honesty.

I hate the unintentional connotation in my previous name-calling, so I'll make sure to switch it up next time. That's just how Canadian Trump rolls!

Comment

That's just how Canadian Trump rolls!
                      "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                      - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                      - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

It's not hypocrisy for me to admit that Bernie is a better person with more restraint in his pinky fingernail than I have in entirety, its honesty.
                        You're missing it - it's not you vs Bernie that's the issue. The hypocrisy is applauding Bernie for something out of one side of your mouth and out of the other side flinging insults towards the exact same sentiment on this board that applauding death is not cool.

I hate the unintentional connotation in my previous name-calling, so I'll make sure to switch it up next time. That's just how Canadian Trump rolls!
                        How about you just cut it out entirely, is it really that hard to control yourself?

Comment

You're missing it - it's not you vs Bernie that's the issue. The hypocrisy is applauding Bernie for something out of one side of your mouth and out of the other side flinging insults towards the exact same sentiment on this board that applauding death is not cool.

How about you just cut it out entirely, is it really that hard to control yourself?
                          I'll say it again, I'm in a very different place, and I identify as having extreme opinions, aligning more closely with anarchism or nihilism than any standard political ideology. Im only sticking around to the end in this garbage world to cheer on the deaths of the enemies of humanity. Its morbid, but it's me.

You wanna raise nice kids who respect the police, all that typical stuff... that's fine. I'm not that type of person.

Comment

I'll say it again, I'm in a very different place, and I identify as having extreme opinions, aligning more closely with anarchism or nihilism than any standard political ideology. Im only sticking around to the end in this garbage world to cheer on the deaths of the enemies of humanity.
                            Not sure how this is a response to the hypocrisy. The point is that cheering on one person and insulting another person for the same exact sentiment undermines any intention behind either. If you can't be consistent then your words fall flat entirely.

Its morbid, but it's me.
                            Oh the irony - this whole thing started by me saying that your post was morbid and *gasp*, oh no, how could you say that it's morbid???

You wanna raise nice kids who respect the police, all that typical stuff... that's fine. I'm not that type of person.
                            That's fine, but in order for discourse to be productive (and get across the points you are trying to make), civility and consistency is required.

Comment

I'll say it again, I'm in a very different place, and I identify as having extreme opinions, aligning more closely with anarchism or nihilism than any standard political ideology. Im only sticking around to the end in this garbage world to cheer on the deaths of the enemies of humanity. Its morbid, but it's me.

Didn’t this whole thing start with you objecting to having your post called morbid? But now you are calling yourself morbid? So, to summarize, your post wasn’t morbid, but you are morbid? Am I missing something?

Comment

Not sure how this is a response to the hypocrisy. The point is that cheering on one person and insulting another person for the same exact sentiment undermines any intention behind either. If you can't be consistent then your words fall flat entirely.

Oh the irony - this whole thing started by me saying that your post was morbid and *gasp*, oh no, how could you say that it's morbid???

That's fine, but in order for discourse to be productive (and get across the points you are trying to make), civility and consistency is required.
                                Post #4 in this thread:

"Nihilism is morbid and disturbing. That's just where I'm at. I dont believe humanity deserves to survive, given our basic and tribal ways of living. So I definitely don't believe a piece of shit world-destroying oligarch deserves any sympathy. But that's just me."

I thought I laid it out clearly. My view of humanity is much more jaded, and my harshness is related to that. Bernie Sanders can still be an ideal, without me needing to adopt 100% of his values. I'm not an automaton for Bernie.

Ron Perlman received a twitter ban for tweeting "wishing the Koch brothers a speedy reunion." I know for a fact Perlman supports Bernie Sanders. You think that's morbid? I agree. It's a sick fucking world, but its shaped me exactly this way, into the type of person who revels in the deaths of Roger Ailes and similar cretinous shitstains like him.

Comment

Working...
                                X