Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    Everyone I worked with in the Calif Primary seems to be on board with Biden--they may have balked if it were Warren, but Biden seems to be someone, though not our first choice, who we can all vote for without holding our nose or sacrificing our integrity.
    I know Warren played things dirty with Sanders. I was really turned off by all that and I've said as much more than once. But that dirty dealing was within the realm of politics. On policies, the stuff, if she were elected, that would actually affect people's lives, she was much closer to Bernie than Biden is. I'm not discounting personal integrity, but Warren's sins are almost all within the realm of politics. Biden may have personal sins that are far worse outside the realm of politics. Of the two, it seems wrongheaded to me for Sanders supporters to prefer Biden to Warren--as if they care more about Warren's personal attacks on Sanders than they do the policies that would shape the lives of millions. Not that I'm complaining at this point, because Biden will need all the help he can get to beat Trump, so I'm happy to see you and other Sanders supporters are willing to support him over Trump. I just would have supported Warren too, over Trump, and it is weird to me that a Sanders supporter would not, even though her policies were so close to his, just because she was a real dick to him.

Comment

Everyone I worked with in the Calif Primary seems to be on board with Biden--they may have balked if it were Warren, but Biden seems to be someone, though not our first choice, who we can all vote for without holding our nose or sacrificing our integrity.
      That is great to hear, and I'm curious if you've thought about possibly linking with other Sanders voters in swing states to trade votes since you're in a state Biden will definitely win? I'm hoping this #neverbiden nonsense isn't serious, but sadly it probably is.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
        That is great to hear, and I'm curious if you've thought about possibly linking with other Sanders voters in swing states to trade votes since you're in a state Biden will definitely win? I'm hoping this #neverbiden nonsense isn't serious, but sadly it probably is.
        I haven't spoken to any Sanders supporter or Staffer who has expressed Never Biden. Sanders hasn't yet thrown his support to Biden, but I'm sure that will come soon--unlike Warren who's still playing politics (IMO)
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
          I know Warren played things dirty with Sanders. I was really turned off by all that and I've said as much more than once. But that dirty dealing was within the realm of politics. On policies, the stuff, if she were elected, that would actually affect people's lives, she was much closer to Bernie than Biden is. I'm not discounting personal integrity, but Warren's sins are almost all within the realm of politics. Biden may have personal sins that are far worse outside the realm of politics. Of the two, it seems wrongheaded to me for Sanders supporters to prefer Biden to Warren--as if they care more about Warren's personal attacks on Sanders than they do the policies that would shape the lives of millions. Not that I'm complaining at this point, because Biden will need all the help he can get to beat Trump, so I'm happy to see you and other Sanders supporters are willing to support him over Trump. I just would have supported Warren too, over Trump, and it is weird to me that a Sanders supporter would not, even though her policies were so close to his, just because she was a real dick to him.
          I think you'd agree that it's Human nature to react stronger to someone who slaps you or yours in the face over someone else who slaps an unrelated person or theirs in the face. Even if you're closer to that person that slapped you than you are to the other culprit.
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• This speech should tell anyone why Sanders is the type person we should aspire to elect to every office. Class, Integrity and Grace.

From what I get, he'll do everything he can to support Biden in the General.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
              Ok fine then, maybe not all, just me. I'm very disagreeable.
              I disagree.

Comment

• Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                they can't but they won't.
                yada yada

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                  they can't but they won't.
                  I like their chances better now.

Comment

I haven't spoken to any Sanders supporter or Staffer who has expressed Never Biden. Sanders hasn't yet thrown his support to Biden, but I'm sure that will come soon--unlike Warren who's still playing politics (IMO)
                    I really hope Joe Biden strongly disavows the Bernie Bros that he desperately wants to support him. those guys are toxic and reflect very poorly on his leadership, as Mayor Pete pointed out. the last thing we need is CNN and MSNBC constantly criticizing Biden since he supporters are such horrible people.
                    ---------------------------------------------
                    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                      I really hope Joe Biden strongly disavows the Bernie Bros that he desperately wants to support him. those guys are toxic and reflect very poorly on his leadership, as Mayor Pete pointed out. the last thing we need is CNN and MSNBC constantly criticizing Biden since he supporters are such horrible people.
                      I will be one of toxic Biden supporters fwiw
                      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Bernie bros aren't really a thing. Coined by an anti sanders columnist and perpetuated by the Clinton campaign it's reached mythical status.

Are there idiot sanders supporters, absolutely. But this notion of a large number of sanders supporters being sexist dickwads is about as correct as thinking art Vandalay has anything constructive to say.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Biden won't win. you sacrificed your souls again for false hope.

Comment

I will be one of toxic Biden supporters fwiw
                            I don’t understand what you mean. Toxic to Biden or toxic to his non-supporters?

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                              Biden won't win. you sacrificed your souls again for false hope.
                              I really hate the narrative that those of us on Rotojunkie got together and chose a bad nominee, but the poster of that sentiment rises above the collective guilt he imposes on others. If "we" sacrificed our souls, then so did you. If "we" had the power to change it, then you had the power to change it. And if you had the power to change it and didn't, why didn't you?
                              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• As always I try not to take one poll to indicate a lot, but Biden was +11 on Trump today in a CNN/SSRS poll that is rated A/B on 538, he was plus 4 the A+ Monmouth poll today, Quinnipiac rated B+ yesterday Biden was +8. The other national polls. yesterday that were highly rated (B or better rating) both had Biden at +5. The average probably puts Biden at +6 or 7, but I won't say he is up that many until we get days more of this data. No real value in my mind looking at where Trump and Clinton were at this time, too many different factors now with Trump being an incumbent, but I think it will be worth comparing where they were at the end vs these polls as they go. Clinton was up 3 points in the final average polls going into the election and won by 2 points. Biden probably needs to win by 3 points to win the EC? So he needs to really have a +5 avg to feel safe?

I am curious to see how sites project the chances of victory this time. The only thing I can check now is gambling sites and right now they have Trump as a slight favorite at -121 and Biden dropped to +114 with Sanders out (https://www.sportsbettingdime.com/po...election-odds/). Anyway it continues to look like a very close race and the COVID 19 pandemic is something no one can possibly know how to factor in yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X