Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    What?

49% of this poll was <age 50, with the vote pretty evenly spread among the demographics.
    I don't have the time to dig into this one if you don't have the time to respond to all the reasons I showed the last poll you posted is misleading.

I think its insanity to read heavily into polling this far out, especially when they all swing so wildly one to the next. We know who the top 5 are. Beyond that, it's all noise.
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• "I think its insanity to read heavily into polling this far out,"

ok.

"especially when they all swing so wildly one to the next."

they're not swinging much, from what I can see.
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
        "I think its insanity to read heavily into polling this far out,"

ok.

"especially when they all swing so wildly one to the next."

they're not swinging much, from what I can see.
        1 week ago, CNN and other MSM sources were saying Bernie was the frontrunner. Now they're saying Biden is up 20-30 pts. That's not swinging wildly to you?
        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• April 30 polling showed a "Biden bump"

he had a 28-19 lead on Bernie in the CNN poll increase to 39-15
          per Harris, he went from 29-18 to 33-16
          Morning Consult, from 30-24 to 36-22
          Quinnipiac, from 29-19 to 38-11

I don't know who said Bernie was the frontrunner a week ago, but it wasn't any pollster.
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
            April 30 polling showed a "Biden bump"

he had a 28-19 lead on Bernie in the CNN poll increase to 39-15
            per Harris, he went from 29-18 to 33-16
            Morning Consult, from 30-24 to 36-22
            Quinnipiac, from 29-19 to 38-11

I don't know who said Bernie was the frontrunner a week ago, but it wasn't any pollster.
            What kind of bump will Biden get after the first debate when he reveals his platform? He's going to be running a similar policy platform to Amy Klobuchar, so I have to ask. Why is it Amy Klobuchar is completely irrelevant after having made her case, and yet Biden is viewed as unstoppable? Once we get beyond the Charlottesville posturing (by a 70's anti-desegregationist, yeah let's recapture the soul of America, ya scumbag), and once people realize his awful record (I guess you also missed the parts of the CNN poll regarding a lack of voter knowledge of Biden's record, something like 75% knew little to nothing of Biden's record, or the highest voting priorities being complete opposite positions that Biden actually holds), Biden will crash and burn. 12 debates, lots of discussion about candidates' records, if there is a polling lead, it's super soft.

Did you see in that last CNN poll that 64% of voters were liable to change their votes ? It was right there on page 46 of the poll or something. It sucks that I dig so deep, and find fascinating conclusions, with zero response other than throwing more polls at me. I'm not going to dig through 60+ pages of data without response again, but I'm pretty confident these polls are as useless as the CNN one I did a deep dive on. If you trust them, that's fine. I disagree.

Dig into that CNN one and show me how anything I've said is incorrect. If you think the polls are reliable, show me the numbers within the poll showing certainty of vote.

Comment

• The RCP poll averages across 5 polls beginning April 11 shows Biden with 36.8% and Sanders with 16.4%. In the 3 polls since Biden officially declared, it's 40.3% for Biden and 13.3% for Sanders. Why bother slicing and dicing each individual poll in the hopes that you can find some way to negate it?

Things can and will obviously change in the months ahead, but as of today, no matter how much you rip individual polls, it's pretty evident that Sanders has lost a lot of steam since 2016.

Comment

The RCP poll averages across 5 polls beginning April 11 shows Biden with 36.8% and Sanders with 16.4%. In the 3 polls since Biden officially declared, it's 40.3% for Biden and 13.3% for Sanders. Why bother slicing and dicing each individual poll in the hopes that you can find some way to negate it?

Things can and will obviously change in the months ahead, but as of today, no matter how much you rip individual polls, it's pretty evident that Sanders has lost a lot of steam since 2016.
                Unwilling to acknowledge any of the points I dug up from the poll because I'm right. If you post a poll and say it is accurate, show me how I'm wrong!

Edit to add: the fact that you ignore every single campaign issue while staying focused on polling is just bizarre to me. Nobody is paying attention yet (except for me), so when Biden says marijuana is a gateway drug, or that Pence or Cheney are good men, or that he's the most progressive candidate, or so.e other batshit stupid nonsense, he's going to be rightly smacked the fuck around. Ignoring this reality is silly.
                Last edited by Teenwolf; 05-05-2019, 10:19 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                  Unwilling to acknowledge any of the points I dug up from the poll because I'm right. If you post a poll and say it is accurate, show me how I'm wrong!

Edit to add: the fact that you ignore every single campaign issue while staying focused on polling is just bizarre to me. Nobody is paying attention yet (except for me), so when Biden says marijuana is a gateway drug, or that Pence or Cheney are good men, or that he's the most progressive candidate, or so.e other batshit stupid nonsense, he's going to be rightly smacked the fuck around. Ignoring this reality is silly.
                  LOL, OK. How is Med4All going to pass a Republican Senate? Keep dreaming the Bernie dream. Talking points don't matter because that's all they are -- talking points. Differentiators to boost someone in a crowded field. If Bernie wins, great, he has my vote. What's the problem?

And BTW, the CNN poll is one of the three polls counted for candidates to qualify for the debates. So if you're going nuts over it, how about calling it out to CNN that it's statistically inaccurate? Because it seems to be a pretty important poll for the DNC.

Comment

LOL, OK. How is Med4All going to pass a Republican Senate? Keep dreaming the Bernie dream. Talking points don't matter because that's all they are -- talking points. Differentiators to boost someone in a crowded field. If Bernie wins, great, he has my vote. What's the problem?

And BTW, the CNN poll is one of the three polls counted for candidates to qualify for the debates. So if you're going nuts over it, how about calling it out to CNN that it's statistically inaccurate? Because it seems to be a pretty important poll for the DNC.
                    If you think Biden would get more positive things accomplished than Bernie would, you haven't been paying attention. In the last year alone, Bernie led the way fighting to end US support for the genocide in Yemen, and gained bipartisan support all the way up to Emperor Trump vetoing it. He led the way in getting 250K Amazon workers a $15/hr minimum wage (as a Senator!), he held forums about crucial issues, and one such forum essentially coined the phrase 'Green New Deal', which has become a top 3 voting issue... imagine Sanders' executive orders! He's busted his ass, and his army of supporters will outweigh Biden's media and corporate advantage. 1.1 million volunteers so far. Million plus small donors, with lots of room to keep donating. How many of those Comcast exec types are donating the max, unable to help later on? Lots and lots of positive factors I see for Bernie in the polls you are posting. If I dug deep and saw Biden with an entrenched base of support, I would be genuinely concerned. I'm optimistic. So yeah, I'll keep "dreaming the Bernie dream", you keep pretending Joe Biden isn't critically flawed and primed to faceplant.

Should be a fun primary season. Specifically fun for me. If I'm wrong, well, it's not like any of you take my political opinion seriously anyway. It's only 2 more years until we've come to terms with Trump beating Biden and you all join me on the #AOC2024 bandwagon! Right? Hahahaha...

Comment

• Walking thru the grocery store just saw a dude with a "Humans Against Ted Cruz" shirt.
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                        Walking thru the grocery store just saw a dude with a "Humans Against Ted Cruz" shirt.
                        Ted Cruz was one of the earliest victims of the alien invading body snatchers. unfortunately, the alien replacement wasn't able to mimic Teds facial expressions exactly, and the new Ted's features are exaggerated.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                          Walking thru the grocery store just saw a dude with a "Humans Against Ted Cruz" shirt.
                          You know.....I don't think I would piss on Ted Cruz if his hair was on fire.
                          “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                            You know.....I don't think I would piss on Ted Cruz if his hair was on fire.
                            That's some way to talk about the future POTUS!
                            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Biden trending, Hillary on the media circuit and Pelosi fear mongering to keep the nomination a centrist.

When will we ever learn......
                              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

On this Derby Day, latest national poll shows Biden "moving like a tremendous machine!":

Code:
                                2020 Democratic Presidential Nomination	Harvard-Harris	Biden 44, Sanders 14, Warren 5, Harris 9, Buttigieg 2, O'Rourke 3, Booker 3, Klobuchar 2, Yang 0, Inslee 0, Gabbard 0, Castro 0	Biden +30
                                Demographic breakdown of the voters in this poll:

Democrat 37%
                                Republican 32%
                                Independent 29%
                                Other 2%

Oh yeah, looks super reliable to tell us what Democratic primary voters are going to do. Gimme a fucking break. These polls are garbage. You even dug into the numbers in this poll to say "see, 49% of respondents under 50" without saying that on the same page it shows over 60% of respondents aren't even Democrats! You're being intentionally misleading while accusing me of the same, without addressing my points. Pretty weak shit. Pretending Biden has a 30 pt lead is going to create an even bigger narrative of Bernie surging, when he does.

Political ideology:

Liberal 27%
                                Moderate 42%
                                Conservative 31%

hahahaha.... let's poll conservatives about the Democratic primary... guess who they picked?!!! The most conservative candidate?! Reallllllllllly?!

Comment

Working...
                                X