No announcement yet.

Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Biden gets an endorsement from the International Association of Fire Fighters, and pooor widdle Donnie Wonnie Baby throws a hissy fit that they suck. Awww, someone give him his binky.

Comment

• Elizabeth Warren takes a shot at Joe Biden.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...ing-biden-out/

It didn’t take long for Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass) to go on the offensive against newly declared presidential contender Joe Biden reminding everyone that before the former vice president was everyone’s beloved Uncle Joe, he was a senator who did the bidding of big finance at the expense of the American people. “Our disagreement is a matter of public record,” Warren said Thursday. “I got in that fight because [families] just didn’t have anyone, and Joe Biden is on the side of the credit card companies.”

The fight Warren was talking about? The decade-long battle to make it harder for Americans to turn to the courts to excise their debts.

Warren began studying families in bankruptcy in the 1980s, while teaching law at several universities. Expecting to find a bunch of loose-living people taking advantage of the system (a belief many Americans shared), she instead discovered Americans beset by stagnant incomes and increasing medical bills. The experience didn’t just change her mind about why Americans seek protection from creditors in the courts; it led her to ultimately change her party registration from Republican to Democrat.

But bankruptcy policy simply wasn’t a matter of Republicans bad, Democrats good. Biden, then a veteran senator from Delaware, was a lead supporter of the bankruptcy law changes sought by financial services giants. Indeed, he was such a staunch advocate of the credit card companies that he acquired the moniker “the senator from MBNA,” a reference to a large credit card company then based in Delaware that gave a substantial amount of money to Biden’s campaign coffers over the years. And he promoted the idea that too many people were simply seeking a way to skip out on their debts and stick the rest of us with the bill. “An awful lot of people are discharging debt who shouldn’t,” he said at one 2001 Senate hearing. “I am so sick of this self-righteous sheen put on anybody who wants to tighten up bankruptcy is really anti-debtor.” It’s worth noting that Biden’s son Hunter worked at MBNA for five years and was retained as a consultant for another five — all while Biden was backing the bankruptcy bill that would help MBNA.
      Oof, Biden gonna get steamrolled. His record is awful. Anybody see the clips of him talking about prostituting myself to lobbyists? They would make great campaign ads for Trump. He could call Biden all kinds of prostitute related nicknames. "Corner Joe", "Hooker Joe", "Joe The Prostitute" (I like the simplicity of this one). I've seen 2 different clips of a young Biden using an analogy about prostitution to describe lobbyist influence. I'm sure there are more.

"I went to the big guys for the money. I was ready to prostitute myself, in the manner in which I talk about it. But what happened was, they said 'Come back when you're 40, son.'"

Trump TV spot could use 15 seconds of that clip, tack on Trump at the end saying "you're well over 40, Joe, and you are corrupt. We won't allow lobbyist money run Washington. Vote for Donald Trump to continue making... America... great again. Thank you, I endorse this message."
      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Also, something interesting happened over the weekend with Tulsi Gabbard. She tweeted out a video clip, then took it down. It's been re-posted quite a bit. The controversial part is where she says that she's been attacked through her campaign more so by Democrats than Republicans. It's a good clip, Tulsi let's it slip a bit that this isn't so much a presidential campaign, but an issues campaign about anti-interventionism. I'm so glad she'll be in the debates.

Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          Joe Biden gets an endorsement from the International Association of Fire Fighters, and pooor widdle Donnie Wonnie Baby throws a hissy fit that they suck. Awww, someone give him his binky.
          Inspite of the childish way you chose to frame it, that is a big endorsement for Biden. I have a very hard time believing he won’t be the nominee.

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
            Inspite of the childish way you chose to frame it, that is a big endorsement for Biden. I have a very hard time believing he won’t be the nominee.
            I'm sorry you didn't like it, but the big baby President chose to throw a tantrum that they endorsed Biden. And it's not the first time he's bashed Unions when they had the gall to not be onboard with him:

Comment

Inspite of the childish way you chose to frame it
              In spite is two words.

Sorry that was childish.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                In spite is two words.

Sorry that was childish.
                True dat. Sorry for the spelling fumble.

Comment

I'm sorry you didn't like it, but the big baby President chose to throw a tantrum that they endorsed Biden. And it's not the first time he's bashed Unions when they had the gall to not be onboard with him:

Oh, I didn’t know that. I guess that makes your ‘poor widdle Donnie Wonnie’ post mature beyond your years.
                  I guess the irony of calling the President a big baby while spending 2+ years whining about his every tweet is lost on you. Pity that.

Comment

True dat. Sorry for the spelling fumble.
                    Despite the fact that despite is just one word. How's that for confusing?

Comment

Oh, I didn’t know that. I guess that makes your ‘poor widdle Donnie Wonnie’ post mature beyond your years.
                      I guess the irony of calling the President a big baby while spending 2+ years whining about his every tweet is lost on you. Pity that.
                      Cool story, bro.

Comment

Cool story, bro.
                        I guess some folks don't see the parody value in posting in a style that very much mimics our illustrious POTUS, who likes to give such nicknames to all who oppose him. You don't post like that about anything or anyone else, so to me it is pretty obviously targeted parody and not your typical stylistic choice. So criticism of it is really criticism of the POTUS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                          I guess some folks don't see the parody value in posting in a style that very much mimics our illustrious POTUS, who likes to give such nicknames to all who oppose him. You don't post like that about anything or anyone else, so to me it is pretty obviously targeted parody and not your typical stylistic choice. So criticism of it is really criticism of the POTUS.
                          Do you need me to say the President is an immature narcissist? Of course he is. But if it’s a parody, it ought to be a little funnier or a little more original otherwise it just looks like 2 years of unresolved bitthurt (that alternative spelling is for you Ken).
                          PS- he’s thin skinned and ill informed IMO as well.

Comment

Do you need me to say the President is an immature narcissist? Of course he is. But if it’s a parody, it ought to be a little funnier or a little more original otherwise it just looks like 2 years of unresolved bitthurt.
                            I don't even see it as much of a parody, because it isn't really all that exaggerated from the style of the POTUS. But fair criticism--Revo step up your comedy game. Come up with funnier nicknames!

Comment

I don't even see it as much of a parody, because it isn't really all that exaggerated from the style of the POTUS. But fair criticism--Revo step up your comedy game. Come up with funnier nicknames!
                              I thought Dopey Donald was clever the first dozen times or so.

Comment

I’ve tried many. Nothing pleases Nots. He’s like a heckler at a comedy show who only buys the tickets to heckle. OK, I promise to try harder. Trump is my inspiration. Really, if there’s anything he does well, it’s coming up with emasculating nicknames!

BTW, George Conway had a great nickname for Trump that I can’t believe I didn’t use before — Deranged Don!

Comment

Working...
                                X