No announcement yet.

Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Biden is facing serious allegations of inappropriate touching, hair-smelling, and head-kissing. I hate to say I told you Biden would get "#MeToo'd... actually, i love it. This is what i posted March 25, 2018 in the sports bar 2020 prediction thread:

Originally posted by Teenwolf
    You think it's a good idea in the midst of the #MeToo movement to send the message that women need to be "protected" by men "beating the hell out of" their abusers? "Vintage Joe Biden" is a less sharp, less engaging, more rambling doddering old man than Bernie. As mentioned earlier, Biden's reputation as a hair-smelling, lingering-hugging, creeping old-man is way more ripe for critique in 2020 than whatever issues people make up about Bernie's age... I guess we'll see in the primaries. Coming up quick.

As I continue to say, Biden is only a tool for Bernie to allay the "too old" criticism, so it pains me to see Biden fumble, looking out of touch.
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• someone my age can almost kinda, sorta.. well, he didn't mean any harm. he was just clueless. times were different. yadda yadda.

but I can't picture too many women under 30 - 40? 50? - just hand-waving this - and many other similar stories - away.

https://www.thecut.com/2019/03/an-aw...joe-biden.html

"In 2014, I was the 35-year-old Democratic nominee for lieutenant governor in Nevada. The landscape wasn’t looking good for my party that year. There were no high-profile national races to help boost turnout, and after the top candidate bowed out of the governor’s race, “None of the Above” ended up winning the Democratic primary.

So when my campaign heard from Vice-President Joe Biden’s office that he was looking to help me and other Democrats in the state, I was grateful and flattered. His team offered to bring him to a campaign rally in an effort to help boost voter turnout. We set the date for November 1, just three days before election day."

" Just before the speeches, we were ushered to the side of the stage where we were lined up by order of introduction. As I was taking deep breaths and preparing myself to make my case to the crowd, I felt two hands on my shoulders. I froze. “Why is the vice-president of the United States touching me?”

I felt him get closer to me from behind. He leaned further in and inhaled my hair. I was mortified. I thought to myself, “I didn’t wash my hair today and the vice-president of the United States is smelling it. And also, what in the actual fuck? Why is the vice-president of the United States smelling my hair?” He proceeded to plant a big slow kiss on the back of my head.

My brain couldn’t process what was happening. I was embarrassed. I was shocked. I was confused. There is a Spanish saying, “tragame tierra,” it means, “earth, swallow me whole.” I couldn’t move and I couldn’t say anything. I wanted nothing more than to get Biden away from me. My name was called and I was never happier to get on stage in front of an audience."
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Thanks JJ for providing the relevant quote. I was too preoccupied with gloating.

As my message from a year ago states, I really want Biden to run against Bernie, both as a neutralizing element against the "Bernie's too old" mantra, and as an opponent with only skeletons in his closet. Looked weak. Now if he doesn't run because of this and his idiotic public non-apology on Anita Hill... dude might actually see the writing on the wall. If he was waiting for April 1st to announce for contribution disclosure reasons, well he picked a hell of a time to do it. After Stacy Abrams embarrassed him publicly on The View this week, saying the notion of her running as Biden's VP on a dual ticket was ridiculous, and she even hinted that people need to decide if his apologies for his actions on Anita Hill are enough to move forward. Holy shit, could you have a worse week?

For those who missed his comments:
        "She was abused through the hearing, she was taken advantage of, her reputation was attacked. I wish I could have done something, and I opposed Clarence Thomas’ nomination — I voted against him,” Biden said Tuesday at an event honoring young people who help combat sexual assault on college campuses.

Biden was the chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee at the time Hill testified in 1991 about her allegations against Thomas.

"To this day, I regret I couldn't come up with a way to give her the kind of hearing she deserved,” Biden said.
        "I wish I could have done something"... you mean like allowing the 2 other witnesses who came forward with separate but related character issues to not be silenced... by you? This old creep is so entitled, and so completely devoid of blame for any of his wrongdoings. Pathetic. I hope he sticks around to get obliterated and split more votes... Watch media circle the wagons around Buttigieg now. I don't expect the Bernie smears to stop anytime soon, but I don't expect they'll have much effect either.
        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Smelling hair could be a fatal blow, but grabbing women by the pussy is blown off?

Comment

• it is what it is.
            Rs were in full-blown "drain the swamp" mode, and Trump was their siren call.

Ds now are in "let's think future" mode, and a really old dude who, in spite of what seems to be plenty of decency, has had a 1950s ignorance about women - he doesn't really fit the mood right now.

I found the Anita Hill hearings bizarre because of the assumption of innocence for Thomas.
            I found the Brett Kavanaugh hearings bizarre because of the assumption of guilt for Kavanaugh.

And the whole world is bizarre because no one else thinks like me.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              Smelling hair could be a fatal blow, but grabbing women by the pussy is blown off?
              Wrong comparison. Franken was taken out behind the woodshed for about the same sort of thing, quite possibly less than the totality of Biden's creeping. Unfortunate for my centrist vote splitting calculus as it is, this could be enough to end Biden's 2020 campaign before it starts.

Comment

• Franken should not have been forced to resign - as juvenile as his conduct was.
                that was witch-hunt season, and he got torched by the flames.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                  I found the Brett Kavanaugh hearings bizarre because of the assumption of guilt for Kavanaugh.
                  That's what you found bizarre about the Kavanaugh hearings?
                  "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Very troubling essay about Buttigieg:

Only accept politicians who have proved they actually care about people other than themselves…

His being an unrepentant ex-McKinsey consultant is 2.9 strikes against him in my book. My experience with McKinsey and ex-McKinsey consultants is very negative.
                    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                      That's what you found bizarre about the Kavanaugh hearings?
                      well, 2020 Presidential candidates asking a Supreme Court nominee about "boofing" - farting - and "the Devil's Triangle" - which indeed turned out to be a drinking game - was kind of bizarre, too. also questions about a supposed gang-rape ring that were inspired by Dem darling d'jour Michael Avenatti.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Very troubling essay about Buttigieg:

Only accept politicians who have proved they actually care about people other than themselves…

His being an unrepentant ex-McKinsey consultant is 2.9 strikes against him in my book. My experience with McKinsey and ex-McKinsey consultants is very negative.
                        Thanks for sharing. Glad I didn't waste any time on him.
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                          Thanks for sharing. Glad I didn't waste any time on him.
                          BTW I used to have the bumper sticker If you're not outraged your not paying attention on my car.
                          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                            BTW I used to have the bumper sticker If you're not outraged your not paying attention on my car.
                            I can picture English teachers ramming into your back bumper.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Very troubling essay about Buttigieg:

Wow. Long.

How does his time at McKinsey stand out from his resume generally? This is a guy that walks on the wild side. I'd love to see him in a debate, though.

J
                              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Latest poll - Nevada. Clinton won Nevada by 2.4% in 2016.

Code:
                                Nevada: Trump vs. Biden	    Emerson	Biden 52, Trump 48	Biden +4
                                Nevada: Trump vs. Sanders	Emerson	Trump 51, Sanders 49	Trump +2
                                Nevada: Trump vs. Harris	Emerson	Trump 51, Harris 49	Trump +2
                                Nevada: Trump vs. Warren	Emerson	Trump 54, Warren 46	Trump +8
                                Nevada: Trump vs. Buttigieg	Emerson	Trump 52, Buttigieg 48	Trump +4

Comment

Working...
                                X