Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assume DJT declines to run again.

Cruz and Pence are given. Who else will try?

Are there any Democrats who will flip on that basis alone?

Will the timing of the announcement matter significantly.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

I would highly doubt Trump declines to run again. That said, if he did, I would also include Ben Sasse, John Kasich & Jeff Flake. Heck, those three could run against him in the primarys anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
        Assume DJT declines to run again.

Cruz and Pence are given. Who else will try?
        Rubio, Kasich, Flake, and Corker are givens in my mind. If Trump is out, I'd also expect Susana Martinez to make a go, and Nikki Haley as well. Ben Sasse is possible, but I actually think he's more likely to run if Trump is still in office.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I doubt Rubio. He was beaten too badly in 2016. Flake and Corker would not run long before they were kibble and bits.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Where are all these Trump won't run thoughts coming from all of a sudden? I'd be ecstatic if that turns out to be true, but I see no evidence for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              Where are all these Trump won't run thoughts coming from all of a sudden? I'd be ecstatic if that turns out to be true, but I see no evidence for it.
              What do you mean all of the sudden? I have been saying one term since the 2016 primaries.

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                What do you mean all of the sudden? I have been saying one term since the 2016 primaries.

J
                I mean, that your theory seems to be picking up steam. Other posters are suggesting the same thing. It seems sudden. I was wondering if something happened recently.

Comment

I mean, that your theory seems to be picking up steam. Other posters are suggesting the same thing. It seems sudden. I was wondering if something happened recently.
                  Mueller activity.

Comment

I think Fiorina may run again, as well. Maybe Paul Ryan. Maybe Rand Paul. Maybe Ben Carson.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                      I think Fiorina may run again, as well. Maybe Paul Ryan. Maybe Rand Paul. Maybe Ben Carson.
                      Nikki Haley.

Comment

Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
                        Nikki Haley.
                        I would vote for her

Comment

Oh, I still think Trump will run in 2020, but OneJ's question is a good one to gain perspective.
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I don't expect Trump to run again, either, and haven't for some time (don't recall if I've said so here).

having dealt with him directly doesn't matter so much, because anyone can see he has the attention span of a firefly.
                            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
                              Nikki Haley.
                              Wait, don’t the Democrats have that women of color angle all wrapped up? . That would really screw up the war on women and people of color narrative!

I would definitely vote for her and most certainly over Trump.
                              I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
                                Wait, don’t the Democrats have that women of color angle all wrapped up? . That would really screw up the war on women and people of color narrative!

I would definitely vote for her and most certainly over Trump.

Wait!!! You mean that it is possible for not only a woman but a woman of color to actually be a conservative?? Man that totally blows up the narrative. If the R's want to really confuse people they will get her on the ticket.

Which goes back to my point about (not sure if this thread or other) but why should I give one rats ass as to the color or sex of the person being chosen to lead? Does the person have the ability to and do I agree with where they want to lead to. All of that other stuff is honestly just pure window dressing and happy feelings.
                                It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                                Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Working...
                                X