No announcement yet.

Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Trump campaign keeps hoping it will find a judge that treats lawsuits like tweets," said Justin Levitt, a Loyola Law School professor and elections law expert, on Friday. "Repeatedly, every person with a robe they've encountered has said, 'I'm sorry, we do law here.'"
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• November 14, 2020 (Saturday)
      Today Trump’s followers—including the neo-fascist Proud Boys and Marjorie Taylor Greene, a racist QAnon believer newly elected to the House of Representatives from Georgia-- congregated in Washington, D.C., to claim that Trump won the 2020 election. President-Elect Joe Biden’s overwhelming victory, they say, was fake, despite the many administration officials insisting that the election was “the most secure in American history.”
      Trump’s motorcade drove through the crowd on his way to play golf. Far from discouraging his followers’ distrust of our democratic system, he is actively encouraging it. His many lawsuits, which are being tossed out or decided against him, seem designed to stoke the narrative that he was cheated. His surrogates are taking to popular outlets to insist that the election was rigged and that Trump, in fact, won. He refuses to concede the election, insisting that there were “illegitimate” ballots that must be discarded, and is stalling the necessary preparations for a transition to the Biden administration.
      Former Trump official George Papadopoulos—the man who helped to launch the Russia investigation when he boasted to a foreign ambassador in 2016 that the Russians had “dirt” on Secretary of State Hillary Clinton-- tweeted, “The military is with the president,” suggesting he is looking to a military coup.

Comment

• When Biden gets into office, they need to press charges against Trump and his lackies for stalling covid preparations which will lead to more deaths. Trump and the GOP are going down as murderers.

Comment

• Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
          November 14, 2020 (Saturday)
          Today Trump’s followers—including the neo-fascist Proud Boys and Marjorie Taylor Greene, a racist QAnon believer newly elected to the House of Representatives from Georgia-- congregated in Washington, D.C., to claim that Trump won the 2020 election. President-Elect Joe Biden’s overwhelming victory, they say, was fake, despite the many administration officials insisting that the election was “the most secure in American history.”
          Trump’s motorcade drove through the crowd on his way to play golf. Far from discouraging his followers’ distrust of our democratic system, he is actively encouraging it. His many lawsuits, which are being tossed out or decided against him, seem designed to stoke the narrative that he was cheated. His surrogates are taking to popular outlets to insist that the election was rigged and that Trump, in fact, won. He refuses to concede the election, insisting that there were “illegitimate” ballots that must be discarded, and is stalling the necessary preparations for a transition to the Biden administration.
          Former Trump official George Papadopoulos—the man who helped to launch the Russia investigation when he boasted to a foreign ambassador in 2016 that the Russians had “dirt” on Secretary of State Hillary Clinton-- tweeted, “The military is with the president,” suggesting he is looking to a military coup.
          Trump's only currency left is his ratings. Stop giving him power by indulging this nonsense. Also, this Russian coup being directed by George Papadopoulos stuff is silly. Is this your evidence of Russian election interference in 2020? Give it up, the Russia nonsense was a scapegoat for Clinton losing. It was always a grift.
          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• quote was snippet from Heather Cox Richardson, historian, professor, author, the daily posting was 10 times longer but worth a read, and as always, based entirely in reality, and on facts. https://www.facebook.com/heathercoxr...00878830056168

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              When Biden gets into office, they need to press charges against Trump and his lackies for stalling covid preparations which will lead to more deaths. Trump and the GOP are going down as murderers.
              Following scientific evidence was made a partisan issue long ago with climate change denial and anti-environmental deregulation turning conservatives into anti-science degenerates across the spectrum. Extending to politicizing science during a pandemic is an indictment of your entire political system, but I think largely the conservative media outlets have been extremely harmful in warping people's perspectives on "personal freedom to kill others", by gun or by sneeze.

Its similar in Canada, where the most conservative regions have the most anti-maskers and the most Covid problems, but hopefully our system is stable enough to handle the covidiots.
              Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

quote was snippet from Heather Cox Richardson, historian, professor, author, the daily posting was 10 times longer but worth a read, and as always, based entirely in reality, and on facts. https://www.facebook.com/heathercoxr...00878830056168
                Why did you cut your snippet from right before the part about how evidence shows the Papadopoulos tweet seems false, as the military officials seem to have largely voted for Biden?

Russia-gate grifters like Papadopoulos, have zero information or intel of any substance, but they use their name recognition to garner paid tv appearances, and Dancing With The Stars runs and whatever bullshit... you're feeding into all of that. Cut it out, man!

Comment

• For those who believe that under Biden there will be normalization to healthy debate and compromise in senate, this quote says we better hope for dem victory in georgia runoffs:
                  "Excerpts from a new book by former President Barack Obama, due out next week, reveal McConnell’s response to a plea from then-Vice President Biden to pass a worthwhile bill. McConnell answered: “You must be under the mistaken impression that I care.”

Comment

For those who believe that under Biden there will be normalization to healthy debate and compromise in senate, this quote says we better hope for dem victory in georgia runoffs:
                    "Excerpts from a new book by former President Barack Obama, due out next week, reveal McConnell’s response to a plea from then-Vice President Biden to pass a worthwhile bill. McConnell answered: “You must be under the mistaken impression that I care.”
                    The Georgia runoff seem unlikely to result in 2 Democrat wins, but even if they did, hasn't Joe Manchin already made it clear that he would work with Republicans to block anything from happening? Maybe it would wake Dems up to oust that fucker Manchin, but it seems a lost cause at this point. Fucking "centrist" Democrat. Biden will be neutered either way, so I guess he'll just have to usher in the era of Dems prematurely aligning with Republicans by putting John Kasich in his cabinet. That'll help.

Although I hear this chief of staff pick Ron Klein is supposed to be a slightly positive sign. Fingers crossed the worst candidates are held at bay, but I'm not optimistic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                      The Georgia runoff seem unlikely to result in 2 Democrat wins, but even if they did, hasn't Joe Manchin already made it clear that he would work with Republicans to block anything from happening? Maybe it would wake Dems up to oust that fucker Manchin, but it seems a lost cause at this point. Fucking "centrist" Democrat. Biden will be neutered either way, so I guess he'll just have to usher in the era of Dems prematurely aligning with Republicans by putting John Kasich in his cabinet. That'll help.

Although I hear this chief of staff pick Ron Klein is supposed to be a slightly positive sign. Fingers crossed the worst candidates are held at bay, but I'm not optimistic.
                      I think Manchin is the best you can hope from in WVA. The state went 69% for Trump. I don’t think you’re getting a hugely progressive candidate anywhere near the finish line in that state.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                        I think Manchin is the best you can hope from in WVA. The state went 69% for Trump. I don’t think you’re getting a hugely progressive candidate anywhere near the finish line in that state.
                        You know.....progressive sounds like a good thing to me. I do NOT understand this world where the term Social Justice Warrior has become a bad thing.
                        “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                          You know.....progressive sounds like a good thing to me. I do NOT understand this world where the term Social Justice Warrior has become a bad thing.
                          America--Welcome to it.
                          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• politicizing science where have I heard that before, oh wait..

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                              politicizing science where have I heard that before, oh wait..
                              Poly Sci class in Jr College?
                              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                                Poly Sci class in Jr College?
                                what is Jr college anyways? does every student attending have to have the same name as their father?

hey, I was wrong about Trump trying to stay in power after he lost and calling it a conspiracy theory. I forget what the details were but you were right.

Comment

Working...
                                X