X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Ingram
    2h ago / 8:13 PM EST

Twitter bans Steve Bannon after call for beheadings; YouTube removes video

Twitter banned an account associated with Steve Bannon on Thursday and YouTube removed one of his videos after the former Trump adviser called for the beheadings of two federal officials.
    Bannon, in a video for his podcast recording, had said he wanted to behead FBI Director Christopher Wray and Dr. Anthony Fauci, the government’s top infectious diseases expert.
    Bannon said he would “put the heads on pikes” as a “warning to federal bureaucrats,” referencing Tudor-era England.

“The @WarRoomPandemic account has been permanently suspended for violating the Twitter Rules, specifically our policy on the glorification of violence,” Twitter said in a statement. The platform has an established policy against the glorification of violence.

YouTube said it removed the video and gave the account a “strike” to count against a three-strikes policy that the company has before terminating an account. A strike temporarily disables uploading for at least a week, YouTube said.

“We’ve removed this video for violating our policy against inciting violence. We will continue to be vigilant as we enforce our policies in the post-election period,” YouTube spokesperson Alex Joseph said in a statement.

Comment

• Some of these people are traitors, choosing party over country. George Will told Hannity he was hurting America to his face and it did not sway him. These people have no shame. He has followers that believe everything he tells them. There will be people, maybe millions, that believe this election was stolen from Trump and his supporters. Donald Trump may very well be one of them--he has repeated this lie to himself for so long, he may really believe it. Despite the loss, he will live out the rest of his days thinking he was the greatest president in history, and he only lost because the election was stolen from him. I used to believe he 100% knew it was a lie. But he really may be that good as self-delusion that he thinks it is true.

Comment

• My most fervent hope is all these whiny right-wing conspiracy touting mouthpieces for the president are so effective at convincing their watchers and listeners who believe without evidence what they are told that all of them decide to give up on the democratic process these mouthpieces like Hannity are so quick to deride without basis. I hope they don't bother to vote in the next election, because they will believe that the corrupt, fraudulent, deep state left wing cabal of evil will simply put their thumbs on the scales and decide the election. That would be grand. Nevermind that if that were happening, then the left, who control everything, would have maybe, oh, I don't know, cheated their way to a Senate majority. Pay no attention to how much the Dems underperformed expectations and focus on the fact that the obese whiny spray-tanned bafoon and all his yes-men say they only way he could have loss is if the other side cheated.

Comment

• This is worth watching if only for the image Anderson Cooper uses in the first minute--he calls Trump an obese turtle on his back flailing in the hot sun. Good imagery there. It is crazy but good to see that Rick Santorum even agrees with it, but disingenuous to say he is shocked. How can anyone be shocked by this when Trump said he was going to do and say this? But aside from making the point that the polls were way off (and they were) and suggesting they may have been off on purpose, like Trump has said (who knows right now, but there is no evidence of that right now), he at least is one of the Republicans who are standing up for evidence-based argumentation and for the integrity of our country. Internationally, we are a mockery with Trump in office and he is making it worse with his baseless accusations.

Comment

• It sure would be nice of actual in-office Republican leaders would come out en masse to denounce, rebuke, and rebuff Trump's attacks on our democracy, but they largely have not done so for 4 years, so why start now? Some have come out and I applaud them, like Adam Kinzinger and Larry Hogan and Will Hurd and a few others, but the vast majority of them are betraying this country by remaining silent. The ones that have spoken loud and clear have earned my admiration and respect. The ones that have not should all be voted out of office, legally, of course. And good riddance to Pence, continuing to stand back and by our traitor-in-chief.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...b4m?li=BBnbfcL

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              It sure would be nice of actual in-office Republican leaders would come out en masse to denounce, rebuke, and rebuff Trump's attacks on our democracy, but they largely have not done so for 4 years, so why start now? Some have come out and I applaud them, like Adam Kinzinger and Larry Hogan and Will Hurd and a few others, but the vast majority of them are betraying this country by remaining silent. The ones that have spoken loud and clear have earned my admiration and respect. The ones that have not should all be voted out of office, legally, of course. And good riddance to Pence, continuing to stand back and by our traitor-in-chief.

They will wait until he’s officially lost and then they will magically discover a backbone and talk about all the things they did to fight him behind the scenes.

Comment

• not a big fan of Rick Santorum but in 2012 he got glitter bombed in person. and he handled it well. which is more than I can say if that ever happened to another politician.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                  It sure would be nice of actual in-office Republican leaders would come out en masse to denounce, rebuke, and rebuff Trump's attacks on our democracy, but they largely have not done so for 4 years, so why start now? Some have come out and I applaud them, like Adam Kinzinger and Larry Hogan and Will Hurd and a few others, but the vast majority of them are betraying this country by remaining silent. The ones that have spoken loud and clear have earned my admiration and respect. The ones that have not should all be voted out of office, legally, of course. And good riddance to Pence, continuing to stand back and by our traitor-in-chief.

Check out your boy Graham.
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Georgia down to 1,800 vote difference.
                    Pa down to 26,000 vote difference

In Pa, Biden has been getting at least 60% of mail in votes in Pa counties - including Trump counties. It has been 75-85% in the blue counties.

Comment

• if that's going to be CNN's appearance, was that Van Jones? I like him. I don't know who those other people were the woman and bald guy, but they looked like a bunch of whiners fumbling for their words. it wasn't a good look. and it's certainly not going to help sway opposite opinions. if those are our news people we are relying on to convince us of a semblance of insight, we're doomed.

Comment

• with the exception of Ben Sasse the only republicans that have even remotely spoken out about Trump are retired or washed up. because they knew way more than we did that he's become the future of the GOP. and strategically, Trump should. they were just about to abandon the 51 percent strategy, and then Trump doubled down on it and won more votes than any other republican. and showed them it's still not only a viable strategy, but the only strategy.

Sasse is a big brain. I don't appreciate his born alive abortion bill. but he'll be fine, politicians don't care who flip flops. never did I truly think Trump would own them the way he did, but they were strategically smart to go along. it's all about making a buck. nobody cares what happened yesterday. they only care about what's in it for them in the future. and Trump owned them. which goes to show how low the bar already was.

Comment

• I've lived for almost 2 years now in an RV in what constitutes fly over country in MA. Bristol county is the most Trump area here. and it became that way for a reason. it's funny the few times they try to engage me in politics. i say to them, i am not going to talk politics with you. but they love me anyways. because they know i have no place else to go. they aren't worried about me. i am one of them now whether i like it or not. and it doesn't bother me. i have a lot of other things i need to learn they can teach me. they laugh when i look in the buckets that catch the rain water and say there are tadpoles in them, and they call me a city bumpkin because it's mosquito larva. but when i make mistakes, they are a lot kinder to me than anyone in the rich places i was from ever were.

deep down, they actually don't care about politics as much as we do. but if you get in their face they will have an opinion. but it's all just a distraction. there's more important things in life than debating about ideology. i was born liberal, i'll always be hardcore liberal. the birth parents i never knew were liberal. but there are more important things in life than having the crowd agree with my ineffectual political opinion. learning how to repair tractors and small engines benefit me a lot more than CNN.

Comment

• when i do talk politics with them i am very careful. one of the guys i hang out with mentioned abortion or roe vs wade yesterday. and i said, well it's better than having women use coat hangers and bleeding to death. and then i remembered the group here is from Poland, which is very Catholic and Poland just made that law and the country is sort of rioting right now. yet, i can say things to them they have never heard, for example if men could get pregnant, there would be abortion clinics in every supermarket. but even then, you have to make sure you are talking to someone that would even fucking understand what you are saying. and even then i am not sure. so it's just best to tread very lightly when talking about anything that doesn't pertain to immediate reality.

Comment

• the great thing about women from Poland is that sex is usually the only thing they aren't used to standing in line and waiting for.

Comment

• I was born in the south, I know what southern courtesy is. but I have to say, I've only been parking my RV on this old guys land for a year, and I am amazed at the interactions of all the neighbors. any one of them could call the cops and have my RV removed for illegally 'habitating' in a vehicle. I think people are equally amazed that I am just here and interacting with the old man on a full time personal basis. like a month ago, he dumped his moped while he was heckling me outside my RV. and the neighbors across the street came running over to help pick him up. I came out of my RV helped him up, and as they were worried I had to tell them not to worry as it wasn't the first time he dumped it. unfortunately he did finally fuck himself up enough that he's going to sell his moped. he's also terminally with anemia. he's very popular in the neighborhood. every day at least 5 or more old friends of his come by. these old guys have like nothing to do except shoot the shit. so I mostly mind my own business. my $400 dollars parking here goes a long way. but after a year here, I've kind of taken to the scene. and they are all kind of worried about me. they want to see me do something with my life.

I am actually really thrilled right now because the other cat is finally in my RV cuddling with her sister on my couch after a year. everyone has watched me interact with the animals here, which has been the first impression meal ticket. for example, when that bird died I was trying to save, a week later the neighbor across the street came over for the first time and introduced himself after he mentioned he had been watching me fucking around with the bird.

people here are very slow to trust outsiders. but once they do, there is a loyalty. I pretty much wasted the summer hiding in my RV hoping not to get kicked out and being an isolated drunk. but now it's becoming home. as long as the old guy stays alive, i am no longer worried about anyone kicking me out.

what can I say, I am just on top of the fucking world. I play the long game. but when I do actually try and put my mind to something, it works. but eventually I will find that playing the long game takes too long. and i'll just end up dying of old age and will have wasted all the opportunities and random kindness.

it doesn't matter to me, the only thing that matters to me is animals. my cat that died, that I finally buried after I was forced to move. don't tell Fresno Bob it took me a few years to bury her. the cats here now that I am trying to keep together. the dog I trained and took care of all last summer while I rescued it's owner I bought the RV from and brought to HVAC school with me to keep his family together. God I wished I had live streamed all that shit.

don't be fooled though, these guys will rip you off at the first time you show any weakness. which is par for the course in todays world. they see me like some kind of strange oddity. even their cats do too. they look at me like 'you are a strange bird'... and that is the difference between cats and dogs. a dog won't even know the difference. but a cat understands politics. and they take more time and convincing. in the real world, once you get a feral cat to trust you, you can do no wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X