Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
    According to Trump's speech today, you should be bummed out with a Biden victory. Apparently, your kids will not be in school, there will be no graduations, no weddings, no Thanksgiving, no Christmas and no Fourth of July. It's also a vote for the biggest tax hike in history, slashing Medicare and Social Security, abolishing American energy, open borders and shredding of the Second Amendment.
    He forgot to include that there will be no more using the presidency as a family ATM machine. Melania will be happy there is no more stupid Christmas things she'll have to do also.

Comment

• Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
      He forgot to include that there will be no more using the presidency as a family ATM machine. Melania will be happy there is no more stupid Christmas things she'll have to do also.
      He'll still be using the presidency indirectly as an ATM machine. His followers will be all on board Trump News Network when it launches in mid-2021.

Comment

• Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
        He will still be president this stupid Christmas.
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
          He will still be president this stupid Christmas.
          Yeah, but it he loses, that whole family is gonna run out the clock crying foul and phoning it in. I doubt she does anything she doesn't want to at that point.

Comment

• “The forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was made of wood he was one of them.”
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
              I'm sure Trump abandoning hundreds of supporters in the freezing cold in Omaha is going to play well.

https://www.newsweek.com/omaha-trump...hermia-1542741
              If Trump held a rally at that same location next week those same people would be there again. Even the one's who had to go to the hospital.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• One of my favorite Trump lies of the last few weeks is how a red wave is coming and that they are going to take back the House. The statements are so laughable and I know he is just projecting fake confidence, but his crowds will actually believe this...

President Donald Trump has made a lot of bold predictions – at least publicly – about the results of next week’s election. He’s said he will win (possible but not likely) and that Republicans will retain control of the Senate (less than a 50-50 proposition at this point).

"After the election, we'll get the best stimulus package you've ever seen, because I think we're going to take back the House because of her," Trump said Tuesday in reference to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (and the likely failure of Congress and the White House to agree on a Covid-19 stimulus package before the election.)

It's not the first time in recent days Trump has said he thinks Republicans are on the way back to the House majority, which would require a net pickup of 16 seats.

"I think we are going to win the House," Trump predicted last week. "We'll see. But I think we are going to win the House." (Pelosi told CNN's Jake Tapper that it was just another "delusional" statement from the President.)

The House odds on 538 peaked today at 98/100 with the estimated margin in the chamber being 241-194

Latest forecasts and polls for the 2020 House elections by Nate Silver’s FiveThirtyEight

So one thing we can all bank on coming out of election night is the Democrats are going to retain the house and almost certainly make gains again of somewhere between 5-15 districts most likely.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                  One of my favorite Trump lies of the last few weeks is how a red wave is coming and that they are going to take back the House. The statements are so laughable and I know he is just projecting fake confidence, but his crowds will actually believe this...

President Donald Trump has made a lot of bold predictions – at least publicly – about the results of next week’s election. He’s said he will win (possible but not likely) and that Republicans will retain control of the Senate (less than a 50-50 proposition at this point).

"After the election, we'll get the best stimulus package you've ever seen, because I think we're going to take back the House because of her," Trump said Tuesday in reference to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (and the likely failure of Congress and the White House to agree on a Covid-19 stimulus package before the election.)

It's not the first time in recent days Trump has said he thinks Republicans are on the way back to the House majority, which would require a net pickup of 16 seats.

"I think we are going to win the House," Trump predicted last week. "We'll see. But I think we are going to win the House." (Pelosi told CNN's Jake Tapper that it was just another "delusional" statement from the President.)

The House odds on 538 peaked today at 98/100 with the estimated margin in the chamber being 241-194

Latest forecasts and polls for the 2020 House elections by Nate Silver’s FiveThirtyEight

So one thing we can all bank on coming out of election night is the Democrats are going to retain the house and almost certainly make gains again of somewhere between 5-15 districts most likely.
                  And then of course afterwards, he'll claim he never said it.

If he's ousted next week, can we all claim he was never president?

Comment

• Here is a good article on why PA will be slow in counting mail in votes and why there will be a significant shift to Biden as those votes are counted. So for anyone you know that is sane enough to read an article on why is PA moving so much when Trump was up 20 points on election night, but now is losing 2 days later when the votes are all counted here you go...

Graphics by Jasmine Mithani We know a majority of Americans plan to vote by mail or in person before Election Day, and at least 75 million have already cast bal…

Comment

Here is a good article on why PA will be slow in counting mail in votes and why there will be a significant shift to Biden as those votes are counted. So for anyone you know that is sane enough to read an article on why is PA moving so much when Trump was up 20 points on election night, but now is losing 2 days later when the votes are all counted here you go...

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...lection-night/
                      Thanks for the good read. Too bad the thought process will be lost on Trump and his minions.

Comment

• Got my vote in today. The rain and cold kept the line pretty short. All told, including waiting about 5 minutes for them to print a ballot for me, it took about 45 minutes.

Comment

Here is a good article on why PA will be slow in counting mail in votes and why there will be a significant shift to Biden as those votes are counted. So for anyone you know that is sane enough to read an article on why is PA moving so much when Trump was up 20 points on election night, but now is losing 2 days later when the votes are all counted here you go...

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...lection-night/
                          Is there any worry about ballots coming in after election night and not getting counted? We already see the courts saying that it is fine to do that in Wisconsin, even if the ballot was postmarked for before election day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                            Is there any worry about ballots coming in after election night and not getting counted? We already see the courts saying that it is fine to do that in Wisconsin, even if the ballot was postmarked for before election day.
                            Ballots up to Nov 6th to be counted. That said our D AG said somewhere something about counting ballots that come in after Election Day separately. The feeling is he is doing that in case Trump were to take to court throwing those out he would not be able to just toss all the mail ballots it he won. There are almost 1.3 million Democratic Party affiliated votes in today.

The action sets ground rules for mail-in voting in one of the nation's key battleground states, where 2 million ballots already have been returned.

Comment

• I officially concede Trump is doomed to lose. Why, you ask? This:

I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• The conspiracy theorist who frequents the library has confirmed that Trump will win.
                                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Working...
                                X