X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    I think this article explains what concerns people:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/202...rnout-n1242995
    Understood. However, I believe Georgia has made two highly positive steps in providing voter access. Just allowing in-person voting for a 20+ day span allows people to plan a time when they're not working and/or when lines will likely be short. And county access at any voting facility for early voting is also really important in the Atlanta area, as you've undoubtedly learned. Though I expect traffic isn't as bad as when I used to go down there quite a bit.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
      and I didn't realize that everyone has 20 days within which to vote, that is worth noting ... and is something I hope we can implement up here.
      heh...my only experience with Canadian voting was 1995 when I was working in Sherbrooke. My French is fairly abominable - can't conjugate verbs to save my life - but even I figured out which restaurants and bars were "oui" and "non" in a hurry.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        538.com now has Biden as an 87% favorite.
        We have to pace ourselves. There's still a lot of hill left to climb.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
          this is nuts - representative democracies have an obligation to make voting accessible to all citizens ... this is soooo not that ...
          Yeah, that is crazy. I'm always grateful at election time for living in a low population area where i can get in and out of the polling place in less than 15 minutes. That being said, i am voting by mail for the first time this year to avoid having a confrontation with the idiots who seem to have become so prevalent in my area.

BTW, just got my election ballot today and i will be mailing it out later in the week. Who do i see about getting my "I voted" sticker?
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
            Yeah, that is crazy. I'm always grateful at election time for living in a low population area where i can get in and out of the polling place in less than 15 minutes. That being said, i am voting by mail for the first time this year to avoid having a confrontation with the idiots who seem to have become so prevalent in my area.

BTW, just got my election ballot today and i will be mailing it out later in the week. Who do i see about getting my "I voted" sticker?
            What county are you in?

Comment

• Originally posted by MagSeven View Post
              What county are you in?
              Fayette.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                Fayette.
                I am going to one of the drop offs in Allegheny county this weekend to turn mine in!

Comment

• So again no one should ever jump to anything off a single poll and Qunnipiac has been very much pro Biden in polls, but the GA poll today is a +4 shift for Biden. The early voting numbers are massive and I am now very much considering it a toss-up.

Latest forecast of the 2020 presidential election between President Donald Trump and Joe Biden by Nate Silver’s FiveThirtyEight

Ohio was a one point Biden lead in the Quinnipiac poll today and Ohio is rated as a toss up, no one imagined Trump needing to defend after 2016

Latest forecast of the 2020 presidential election between President Donald Trump and Joe Biden by Nate Silver’s FiveThirtyEight

Heck Iowa a state Trump won by 10 points is now a tossup...

NY Times Siena polls in NC toady that I don't have time to dig into do show Biden at 46-42, Cunningham up 41-37, not sure why they got so many more undecideds than everyone else but that is the data from a good poll.

Biden wins AZ as often as Trump wins TX. Lots of good polling data for Biden and at this time I am not seeing anything that would suggest Trump can make up ground like he did in 2016.

Comment

• Despite all the money behind Harrison, Graham is up 6 pts against him. It looks like it is moving from a toss up to a slam dunk for Graham. Disappointing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                      Despite all the money behind Harrison, Graham is up 6 pts against him. It looks like it is moving from a toss up to a slam dunk for Graham. Disappointing.
                      The NYT sienna poll of SC drops tomorrow that will tell a lot.

Comment

• The odds of the Democrats holding the Senate have climbed up to 73/100 as of this evening on 538, that is a high watermark.

Comment

• So the Trump team dropped a big October surprise with the reveal of some corruption details on Hunter Biden and a picture of him next to a used crack pipe. The media goes beyond not reporting it, but certain outlets have disallowed users from sharing the story. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram. Share your thoughts... unless the state disapproves. Disturbing.

This is similar to the election interference run by Russia in 2016, but on a much larger scale. But whereas Russia used sock accounts to trick a bunch of dumb voters to vote for Trump, while changing the narrative, they weren't involved in suppressing anything. That seems like peanuts in comparison to suppressing the opinions of actual Americans on all the social media platforms. If media can collude in such a broad manner to suppress free speech, I dont care if they're attacking the left or the right, they're attacking citizens. Its North America, not North Korea, Jack!

Full disclosure, I dont have the time to properly research and post about this (moving all day everyday), but I've listened to a bunch of clips on it and really wanted to hear some thoughts.

Will post proper links asap.
                          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                            Ohio was a one point Biden lead in the Quinnipiac poll today and Ohio is rated as a toss up, no one imagined Trump needing to defend after 2016
                            Like your posts, but disagree with you here. While Trump won it by 8 points in 2016, Obama won it by 3 points in 2012 and 5 points in 2008. Dems run the right candidate, and Ohio is always in play.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                              Like your posts, but disagree with you here. While Trump won it by 8 points in 2016, Obama won it by 3 points in 2012 and 5 points in 2008. Dems run the right candidate, and Ohio is always in play.
                              I agree it has happened, but the demos of Ohio seemed to play to Trump well with it lacking the major urban population city of Michigan and Pa to drive it back. Ohio was not long ago probably the most likely tipping point state in elections and 2016 moved it back a bit for 2020 and to the point I don’t think it was a state Dems were expecting to come back in 2020. Maybe a more accurate statement is if Ohio goes to Biden we know the rest of the Midwest 4 (oh, mi, wi, and mn) did too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                                So the Trump team dropped a big October surprise with the reveal of some corruption details on Hunter Biden and a picture of him next to a used crack pipe. The media goes beyond not reporting it, but certain outlets have disallowed users from sharing the story. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram. Share your thoughts... unless the state disapproves. Disturbing.

This is similar to the election interference run by Russia in 2016, but on a much larger scale. But whereas Russia used sock accounts to trick a bunch of dumb voters to vote for Trump, while changing the narrative, they weren't involved in suppressing anything. That seems like peanuts in comparison to suppressing the opinions of actual Americans on all the social media platforms. If media can collude in such a broad manner to suppress free speech, I dont care if they're attacking the left or the right, they're attacking citizens. Its North America, not North Korea, Jack!
                                I'm partially with you on this; certainly on the corruption side. I could care less about the crack pipe.

OTOH, a non-government controlled free press can choose to report on whatever they deem newsworthy. Or not even newsworthy, but sales-worthy. While I may disagree with Jack Dorsey's political leanings, Twitter as a public company is free to allow - or disallow - anything they'd like, within the bounds of the law. While I would never call Mark Zuckerberg a whore - as I'd never disparage prostitutes with such an insult - as CEO and leading shareholder of a company, he again is free to disallow postings he feels are disadvantageous to his company and/or personal goals.

That the bulk of the media not associated with Murdoch's empire (and even his sons don't align with him for the most part) is all-in for Biden/Harris doesn't surprise me at all. I have been surprised in this election cycle how much the mask has slipped.

Comment

Working...
                                X