Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    Plus, regarding his most recent backtrack on the stimulus, he's such a dummy -- he continues to tout the stock market as his barometer of success, yet it plunges when he makes a dumb comment about the stimulus. The 'walking away from the table' is rule #1 in the Dumb Donald playbook. When will he realize this amateur shit doesn't work? And BTW, his stupid declaration came just hours after Chairman Powell said if there was no stimulus, the US economy is in grave danger. Hey, what's the US economy to this bozo? Just another tool to get him re-elected!
    Really, he's a dummy? Yes, yes he is. Axios:

"Within a day of tweeting that he was calling off bipartisan talks for a coronavirus stimulus deal, President Trump phoned House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy and indicated he was worried by the stock market reaction and wanted a "big deal" with Speaker Nancy Pelosi, per two sources familiar with the call.

What we're hearing: Trump was spooked after seeing the instant drop in the stock market and intense backlash to his tweet, and he has since directed Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin to push for a more comprehensive relief bill before the election."

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      Really, he's a dummy? Yes, yes he is. Axios:

"Within a day of tweeting that he was calling off bipartisan talks for a coronavirus stimulus deal, President Trump phoned House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy and indicated he was worried by the stock market reaction and wanted a "big deal" with Speaker Nancy Pelosi, per two sources familiar with the call.

What we're hearing: Trump was spooked after seeing the instant drop in the stock market and intense backlash to his tweet, and he has since directed Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin to push for a more comprehensive relief bill before the election."
      Now this will get interesting. Pelosi won't stonewall it because I think she knows that will look bad, but I do think she is going to push for some things that some Senate republicans just won't go for and I am not sure McConnell, whose seat is safe, is going to be willing to push through a bill he doesn't like.

Regardless Trump remains very bad at the legislative game that is played in DC.

Comment

• He's just playing the game at a higher level.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
          He's just playing the game at a higher level.
          4-D chess!

Comment

• Kal-Toh?
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
              The war on political signs has been taken to a new level now with recent reports of razor blades being attached to yard signs. Vandals beware.
              I've got my Biden sign... if anyone messes with it, it just means I donate another $15 to Placer County Democrats.
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                4-D chess!
                8 dimensions behind Obama !
                ---------------------------------------------
                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                ---------------------------------------------
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                  Kal-Toh?
                  More like Play-Doh.

I wasn't a big Voyager watcher, but I did see the show where Seven of Nine kicked Tuvok's Vulcan...sensibilities around in Kal-Toh. One of my favorite scenes in the whole series.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                    256 dimensions behind Obama !
                    Fixed
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                      I'm waiting for 1J to tell us how this seals it for Trump.
                      It doesn't. Biden won the first debate and he's gotten a bump. Nothing good for Trump in that.

It's just not far enough ahead. Biden is about where Hillary was in 2016, but a tad behind. Also, Pence beating Harris in the second debate is going to matter, but it hasn't presented yet.

Regardless, the Trump base can swamp everything else with a big turnout. The Democrats did it to win the House in 2018 and these things tend to be pendulums.

J
                      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Debate Hillary 2016 Swamp Pendulum
                        - Terence McKenna

Comment

• On October 10th 2016 Hillary was an 82/100 favorite on 538 today Biden is an 85/100 favorite. Hillary peaks at 88/100 on Oct 17th before a sharp decline that gets as low as 64.5/100 on Nov 4th and settling at 71.4 on election day. The key here is there is no chance of Biden dropping like that because of my next point...

Biden's favorability is much higher with the electorate than Hillary's ever was and unlike Trump is not underwater in this category.

Biden is over 50% in polls in a number of states that Hillary never reached that point.

Comment

• A+ rated ABC/Washington Post poll puts Biden up 12 nationally at 55-43 which is just a massive number. State polls are still much more important but +12 nationally and his underwater approval rating nationally is a strong indicator of what the outcome will be. Biden just doesn't have a James Comey coming, or the unfavorables that Clinton had.

Comment

• Jamie Harrison in South Carolina raised $57 million in the final quarter. Lindsey may still yet win because of the lean of the state, but Harrison is going to be able to flood the airwaves over the last 3 weeks.

COLUMBIA, S. C. (AP) — South Carolina Democrat Jaime Harrison has shattered congressional fundraising records, bringing in $57 million in the final quarter for his U. S. Senate campaign against Republican incumbent Lindsey Graham as the GOP tries to retain control of the chamber in the Nov. 3 election. Harrison's campaign said Sunday that the total was the largest-ever during a single three-month period by any Senate candidate.

Comment

• “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X