No announcement yet.

Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I have stated previous that I take great joy in rage watching Trump's press conferences. It is a continual freight train accident that I cannot peel my eyes from. I watched yesterday's live, as I like to do. I like to watch them live as it takes a filter away.

I gotta tell ya, the only thing new in his hour long, very boring "press conference" was his announcement about his executive order about Hong Kong. After that, it was the same message we have heard for four months. Now, he did spend a lot of time talking about Biden, but no new information. The whole thing was full of dog whistles and red meat for the base. He is so empty. I don't think he has any ideas to run on for 2020.

I found it funny and disheartening that for a press conference, he only took three questions. The first guy got in a great jab about, "You've been talking for more than the last hour about..."

I will continue to rage watch, as I find him fascinating as an orator and his connection to his followers.
    "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
    - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
    - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• Another good day of polling for Biden from some highly rated polls..

Qunnipiac (B+) national poll puts Biden up 52-37

NBC News / Wall St Journal (A-) Biden up 51-40

Monmouth Poll (A+) of PA Biden up 53-40 - https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...nsylvania-poll

Comment

• Kanye saw that he would take more votes from Trump than Biden and will no longer be running.

Comment

• Dumpy finally fires his campaign manager Brad Parscale, because, after all, his whole disastrous re-election campaign this far is HIS fault, lol

Comment

• In the Senate, Dems far outraised their GOP counterparts from April 1-June 30, $102m to $70m.

Comment

• Cook Political moves 20 house races in the Democrats favor and says that for the first time Democrats have as a good a chance of picking up seats in the house as Republicans and that is after the 2016 wave. Can’t be fun to be at the RNC these days.

Comment

• With the growing sense that this election is going to be a Bluer Wave than even last time, taking the presidency and Senate, and with the likelihood of states like Texas, Arizona, Georgia & North Carolina among others moving further towards Democrat hands, the "Trump Effect" could mean the literal demise of the GOP. His ineffective reign of error can potentially cripple the GOP for decades.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  With the growing sense that this election is going to be a Bluer Wave than even last time, taking the presidency and Senate, and with the likelihood of states like Texas, Arizona, Georgia & North Carolina among others moving further towards Democrat hands, the "Trump Effect" could mean the literal demise of the GOP. His ineffective reign of error can potentially cripple the GOP for decades.
                  Part of me believes that is possible, and all of me believes it is what the GOP deserves. But then I remember the power of the letter and that voters have short memories. The bounce back/forgiveness of the party will be swift if they can effectively rebrand. But it does look like they will at least be punished in the short term.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                    Part of me believes that is possible, and all of me believes it is what the GOP deserves. But then I remember the power of the letter and that voters have short memories. The bounce back/forgiveness of the party will be swift if they can effectively rebrand. But it does look like they will at least be punished in the short term.
                    The problem for them is that Trumpism isn't going away. He's going to start a TV network after he loses that will continue to keep him relevant. Maybe his supporters will dump him after he loses badly but it seems doubtful, as many will refuse to believe he actually lost.

I used to believe divided government was a good thing (just look at Illinois for an example of entrenched Democratic corruption), but the Trump party has become a toxic danger to our society and needs to be completely destroyed. As many Republicans, like Lindsay Graham, warned before Trump won the primary, Trump is going to destroy the party. Funny how quickly all those critics became pathetic sycophants after Trump won, but they should've heeded their own words.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                      The problem for them is that Trumpism isn't going away. He's going to start a TV network after he loses that will continue to keep him relevant. Maybe his supporters will dump him after he loses badly but it seems doubtful, as many will refuse to believe he actually lost.

I used to believe divided government was a good thing (just look at Illinois for an example of entrenched Democratic corruption), but the Trump party has become a toxic danger to our society and needs to be completely destroyed. As many Republicans, like Lindsay Graham, warned before Trump won the primary, Trump is going to destroy the party. Funny how quickly all those critics became pathetic sycophants after Trump won, but they should've heeded their own words.
                      But they got a lot of conservative judges appointed. And, in reality, even if they're punished for a few years in the house, senate, presidency, those effects on the judiciary are long-lasting.

And don't discount the Democrats historic ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory either. I still am half expecting Trump to win.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post

Agreed. If he were to lose, in addition to a network, he would continue his rallies, attracting the same base as before, and now not only would he continue to needle the Dems, but he would also have free reign to needle the Republicans as well. Unfortunately, his oversized influence will shadow the Republicans for years and years, even after he's long gone. They will continue to be the party of hatred and white supremacy, even as the more moderates look to regain some semblance of control and the US continues on its immigration trend under Democratic power. But this is exactly why it's another reason the Republicans will continue to lose influence, because Trumpism has to die with him. America cannot be a country of hatred like it is now, and while many GOPers aren't speaking up, they will once he's gone because they're cowards.

Comment

• ABC News/WaPo poll has Biden up 15% among RV over Dumpy, the "5th straight high quality poll" to show Biden with a 10%+ lead.

"He has a greater advantage over the incumbent going into the final few months of the campaign than any challenger since Bill Clinton, who seized the lead in the summer of 1992 after third-party candidate Ross Perot dropped out."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Additionally, the suburban vote is historically changing:
                          - in 2016, Trump beat Clinton 45-35 in the suburbs
                          - in 2020, the latest 3 polls (Fox News, Quinnipiac, Marist) has Biden up by an average of 55-35 in the suburbs
                          - that's a change of THIRTY PERCENT (from -10 to +20) in four years!

Comment

• AND here we go....Trump says "We'll see" when asked if he'll accept election results should he lose.

An AG who carry's his water, a stuffed Federal Court System, An Admin that propagated his lies with impunity, a rabid base armed to the teeth looking for a fight and now a federal goon squad comprised of US Marshalls, DEA, CBP, ICE, DHS and DOC gungho asshats.

PLUS 5 months to come up with whatever reason to start an armed conflict with another country.....Yeah I see this going well.
                            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Well, 3 1/2 months, not 5 months.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                                Well, 3 1/2 months, not 5 months.
                                Oh I think if he loses he'll use that 1 1/2 months to start some shit.
                                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X