Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nots View Post
    The NPS statement said there were 53 USPP police treated over the weekend for injuries with 11 taken to hospitais and 3 admitted. To me, that’s evidence that the protest at that particular location were not ‘peaceful’ as claimed in here unless you think the officers were admitted for hurt feelings.
    As for the Georgia comment, it refers to you saying that Georgia opening up their state first would lead to a scene from the walking dead, which 7 weeks later it obviously hasn’t. Since you were kind enough to point out how naive and in denial I am, I thought the least I could do is point out how you aren’t as clairvoyant as you seem to think you are.
    First before your head explodes, the Georgia comment was to make a humorous connection between Georgia, covid 19 and the Walking Dead zombies and the fact that it's filmed there. But you have shown a slightly lacking sense of humor lately so it's to be expected. As for whether or not opening too soon is going to prove a mistake, you know better than most stats need time to develop before you can use them as any real evidence, but again I have struck a nerve and you're grasping, understandable.

As to the officers who were injured, I, nor any of the others in here never claimed that as times these protests have been violent. The FACTS you've omitted or failed to provide is, where and when each of these officers were injured, whether or not they were the aggressor in the incident during which they were injured,if the injury was from a protester or an accident or friendly fire.

The incident in question, the photo op, has tons of video leading up to and during the purge of the area. Show me the footage of the protesters starting this so called violence. Show me the on hand journalist account supporting your position, show me a civilian account stating that the officers were responding to a credible threat.

Show me this was anything more than a show of force by a tin pot dictator and his crony who had planned to make the walk, forgot to position the barricades cades and had them cleared at the last minute and the officers did what they were ordered to do and used what they believed to be the fastest and most efficient method they could.

But hey when reality gets you down, Aloha.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
      Police aggression starts at 25 minutes. Don't be a bootlicker.

https://thebulwark.com/the-tear-gas-hoax-hoax/
      Shhh don't tell nots he's busy reminiscing about about getting leid
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
        Shhh don't tell nots he's busy reminiscing about about getting leid
        Yeah better I should sit around and fantasize about infecting Trump with Covid or pining for guys with 3 names to take him out. I know, I know you were only joking ha, ha.
        Let me know how long we need for those Georgia stats to develop before you can acknowledge how wrong you were on that ‘joke’ too. Mahalo nut loa. Ha, ha.

Comment

Yeah better I should sit around and fantasize about infecting Trump with Covid or pining for guys with 3 names to take him out. I know, I know you were only joking ha, ha.
          Let me know how long we need for those Georgia stats to develop before you can acknowledge how wrong you were on that ‘joke’ too. Mahalo nut loa. Ha, ha.
          I never joke about guys with three names.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• As for Georgia, it's been what, three weeks since they reopened? Tell you what, when it's been three months then we'll look but we'll need independent verification of their numbers as Georgia has a history of fudging them.

Then we take the rest of the country after the same three months using the date they reopened and again after verification of the numbers do a comparative analysis.

If Georgia isn't in the top ten, I'll admit that I was wrong and you'll have company.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
              As for Georgia, it's been what, three weeks since they reopened? Tell you what, when it's been three months then we'll look but we'll need independent verification of their numbers as Georgia has a history of fudging them.

Then we take the rest of the country after the same three months using the date they reopened and again after verification of the numbers do a comparative analysis.

If Georgia isn't in the top ten, I'll admit that I was wrong and you'll have company.
              Friday, April 24. 6 weeks tomorrow.
              Better hope for an outbreak given how allergic you are to ever admitting how wrong you are.
              Remember when you called Trump ‘evil’ for not giving NY 30,000 ventilators? How many were they short again? I forget.

Comment

Friday, April 24. 6 weeks tomorrow.
                Better hope for an outbreak given how allergic you are to ever admitting how wrong you are.
                Remember when you called Trump ‘evil’ for not giving NY 30,000 ventilators? How many were they short again? I forget.
                To begin with I am the FIRST person in here to admit when I am wrong. Period. I have no issues acknowledging I was wrong or even that I might be. Don't confuse my arrogance and self righteousness with a lack of accountability

Secondly--Trump IS an evil motherfucker. He's shit and to defend him in any way diminishes any credibility or virtue that defender might have otherwise possesses, to call him out for denying someone potential life saving equipment, whether they ended up needing them or not is justified.

6 weeks my bad, I went with the beginning of April without looking. Still, you failed to mention that Georgia was chubbing the numbers to make it look safer than it was, the rest of my post about analysis and the fact you are and have been a defender of the indefensible around here lately.

It's ok, It'll all be over soon and you can rest, maybe take a trip to the big Island where you won't have to think about How I'm such a bad man because I'd throw a party should 45 meet his end.

Keep digging if you want, it's your hole.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• I’m not in a hole, but thanks for the concern. I will give you the last word because I know how important that is to self-righteous, blowhards. Make it a good one. I’m going to go research airfare to Hawaii for Christmas. Enjoy your hate.

Comment

I’m not in a hole, but thanks for the concern. I will give you the last word because I know how important that is to self-righteous, blowhards. Make it a good one. I’m going to go research airfare to Hawaii for Christmas. Enjoy your hate.
                    Thank you or as you said Mahalo nui loa.

The bottom-line is this--you have chosen to look at statements from the USPP as absolutely valid and I (and pretty much everyone else except CBB and Art) see them more akin to a note from Epstein's Mother.

PS--It's OK I trigger everyone eventually.
                    Last edited by GwynnInTheHall; 06-04-2020, 01:05 PM.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• I don't want to butt in on this lovefest, but for the record, many of the GOP-led states who reopened quickly are now seeing a large spike in cases -- Georgia appears to be an exception to the norm -- while most of the still locked down Dem-led states are seeing their curves flatten as they hoped (not all, California is seeing a large spike in cases).

Wee Akaleia Moo (That's Joe Isuzu-ish Hawaiian)

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        I don't want to butt in on this lovefest, but for the record, many of the GOP-led states who reopened quickly are now seeing a large spike in cases -- Georgia appears to be an exception to the norm -- while most of the still locked down Dem-led states are seeing their curves flatten as they hoped (not all, California is seeing a large spike in cases).

Wee Akaleia Moo (That's Joe Isuzu-ish Hawaiian)
                        Cali had some enforcement issues a while back--lots of folks just doing whatever they wanted and unfortunately paying the price. Georgia, as I mentioned, has been known to cook the Covid Books so until there's an independent accounting, I think they're miracle vs every other early open set of numbers can be reasonably questioned. But then again, I may be wrong--God knows it's about time I was (That was a joke) (I'm never wrong) (that was a joke too)(Love ya-Aloha)

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• So they tried to win on semantics, but they used pepper balls that produce a similar effect to tear gas.

“The point is we admitted to using what we used,” Sgt. Eduardo Delgado said. “I think the term ‘tear gas’ doesn’t even matter anymore. It was a mistake on our part for using ‘tear gas’ because we just assumed people would think CS or CN,” two common forms of tear gas.

I’m not going to say that pepper balls don’t irritate you,” Delgado said, noting they contain capsicum, an irritant derived from pepper plants. “I’m not saying it’s not a tear gas, but I’m just saying we use a pepper ball that shoots a powder.”

The response became a national controversy in itself, with experts in policing tactics calling the distinction semantic. “Tear gas” is a broad term, often defined as a synthetic chemical irritant. Pepper spray is a naturally derived chemical irritant that causes many effects similar to that of common types of tear gas, including temporary blindness and a burning sensation in the nose.

Comment

Yeah, when it’s talking about Hawaii, I quickly become the boring uncle who wants to tell stories at Thanksgiving that no one wants to hear. You can blame CBB for asking why I read the Star Advertiser for me getting so far in the weeds on this thread.
                            Its all my fault, sorry for breaking up the usual food fights with something more peaceful.

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

"The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Not a lot of good polls for Pres. Trump lately...

He has slipped back to his fall approval/disapproval ratings on 538 now. In late March he had got it back to 49.7 -45.8 so his disapproval was 3.9. As of today he is back to Nov 2019 numbers as his approval is at 41.7 and disapproval is up to 53.9

FiveThirtyEight is tracking Donald Trump’s approval ratings throughout his presidency.

Add that to a series of highly rated national polls cementing Biden as the frontrunner...

NBC News/WSJ rated A- 49-42 Biden

Marist College rated A+ 50-43 Biden

Emerson rated A- 53-47 Biden

Monmouth rated A+ 52-41 Biden

3 Fox News A- rated state polls...

WI Biden 49-40
                              AZ Biden 46-42
                              OH Biden 45-43

It is early, but these are some historically bad highly rated polls for a sitting President.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                                Not a lot of good polls for Pres. Trump lately...

He has slipped back to his fall approval/disapproval ratings on 538 now. In late March he had got it back to 49.7 -45.8 so his disapproval was 3.9. As of today he is back to Nov 2019 numbers as his approval is at 41.7 and disapproval is up to 53.9

FiveThirtyEight is tracking Donald Trump’s approval ratings throughout his presidency.

Add that to a series of highly rated national polls cementing Biden as the frontrunner...

NBC News/WSJ rated A- 49-42 Biden

Marist College rated A+ 50-43 Biden

Emerson rated A- 53-47 Biden

Monmouth rated A+ 52-41 Biden

3 Fox News A- rated state polls...

WI Biden 49-40
                                AZ Biden 46-42
                                OH Biden 45-43

It is early, but these are some historically bad highly rated polls for a sitting President.
                                maybe because we've never had a President this Historically Bad.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X