Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nots View Post
    based on what we've seen from the "peaceful" protests, I believe every word of his statement.
    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
      based on what we've seen from the "peaceful" protests, I believe every word of his statement.
      Because of course you do Art Light.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Gregory T. Monahan, Acting chief has a history of covering for his Officers even when they're arrested by REAL cops. So there's no surprise here--he's going to say whatever he can to acquit his Officers even though every single account by reporters and protestors say differently--HIS officers beat up the Aussie crew.

Denial, thy name is nots.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
          Gregory T. Monahan, Acting chief has a history of covering for his Officers even when they're arrested by REAL cops. So there's no surprise here--he's going to say whatever he can to acquit his Officers even though every single account by reporters and protestors say differently--HIS officers beat up the Aussie crew.

Denial, thy name is nots.
          I’m in denial? You won’t accept any evidence at all that contradicts your point of view, but I’m in denial? That’s funny.
          When is that whole ‘Walking Dead’ thing you predicted for Georgia going to happen?

Comment

I’m in denial? You won’t accept any evidence at all that contradicts your point of view, but I’m in denial? That’s funny.
            When is that whole ‘Walking Dead’ thing you predicted for Georgia going to happen?
            What evidence? And what are you referring to regarding Georgia?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Like you, I'd take any island. But I prefer a little more civilization with my island sometimes so I still think I'd go with Maui. Loved Hana last time I was there... Didnt make the drive all the way there the first time I was on Maui, but did last summer and stayed at a little place in Hana. Someday they need to build a decent road going west from Hana, really rough drive in some parts but the views on the dry, southern side of Haleakala are amazing.

The driving distance make Big a chore I thought, never ran into that much traffic but I went in Nov/Dec 2017 which is kind of low season I guess. Stayed near Kalapana for 2 nights and then drove across the island to Kona for the rest of our stay.
              Yeah, the road after Hana is so tough. I only did it once and probably wouldn’t do it again but it was beautiful.

Comment

• To get further off topic since I love talking Hawaii—anyone ever been to Molokai or Lanai? Going to Kalaupapa was one of the most moving places I have ever been. Like Gettysburg, you can feel the souls of those that died there.
                Never been to Lanai, but hopefully someone in here has and can post some thoughts.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                  What evidence? And what are you referring to regarding Georgia?
                  The NPS statement said there were 53 USPP police treated over the weekend for injuries with 11 taken to hospitais and 3 admitted. To me, that’s evidence that the protest at that particular location were not ‘peaceful’ as claimed in here unless you think the officers were admitted for hurt feelings.
                  As for the Georgia comment, it refers to you saying that Georgia opening up their state first would lead to a scene from the walking dead, which 7 weeks later it obviously hasn’t. Since you were kind enough to point out how naive and in denial I am, I thought the least I could do is point out how you aren’t as clairvoyant as you seem to think you are.

Comment

To get further off topic since I love talking Hawaii—anyone ever been to Molokai or Lanai? Going to Kalaupapa was one of the most moving places I have ever been. Like Gettysburg, you can feel the souls of those that died there.
                    Never been to Lanai, but hopefully someone in here has and can post some thoughts.
                    careful, you're risking turning the Hot Button Topics forum into the National Geographic forum ... and nobody subscribes to NG anymore ...
                    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                      careful, you're risking turning the Hot Button Topics forum into the National Geographic forum ... and nobody subscribes to NG anymore ...
                      Yeah, when it’s talking about Hawaii, I quickly become the boring uncle who wants to tell stories at Thanksgiving that no one wants to hear. You can blame CBB for asking why I read the Star Advertiser for me getting so far in the weeds on this thread.

Comment

To get further off topic since I love talking Hawaii—anyone ever been to Molokai or Lanai? Going to Kalaupapa was one of the most moving places I have ever been. Like Gettysburg, you can feel the souls of those that died there.
                        Interesting take on Gettysburg. My feeling was entirely different. But that's probably a topic for a thread outside this one in the regular Sports Bar.
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Yeah, when it’s talking about Hawaii, I quickly become the boring uncle who wants to tell stories at Thanksgiving that no one wants to hear. You can blame CBB for asking why I read the Star Advertiser for me getting so far in the weeds on this thread.
                          Can't really blame you. I've only been the one time for my honeymoon 9 years ago and am itching to get back at some point. My kids would not handle a 12-hour flight very well and my wife doesn't want to leave them for how long I would want to go to Hawaii for, so it will be some time before I can go back.

Comment

• What seems like a more accurate top ten with the way the political climate has shifted in just a week.

KEY POINTS FROM THIS ARTICLE — Joe Biden should not be in a rush to name his vice presidential pick. Circumstances may change his list of contenders — and probably already have. — A predictable name leads our list, but a not-so predictable name is second. — Biden has many plausible options, but no perfect […]

Comment

• Not disputing the list, just giving my opinion here, but I think Biden unnecessarily boxed himself in by saying it had to be a woman. Given the state of the angst in the country, I think the best pick would have been Corey Booker. I’m not a fan legislatively of his, but he is relentlessly positive and upbeat and I think a lot of low information voters (who likely will decide the election) would be drawn in by that positive personality of his. Kind of like a Democratic version of Reagan.
                              Obviously that’s not going to happen so, as I said 10 minutes after the Charlamagne interview—it will be Harris IMO
                              and upbeat. I think that

Comment

Police aggression starts at 25 minutes. Don't be a bootlicker.

Trump apologists deny and distort the tactics used on the Lafayette Square protesters.

By now, everyone reading this is aware that on Monday night President Trump committed a grotesque and unconstitutional abuse of power: To show that he was “reclaiming the territory” around the White House, our channel-surfing faux-strongman had law enforcement officers use gas, rubber pellets, batons, and smoke grenades to violently disrupt a peaceful protest just north of Lafayette Square—before curfew—under orders of Attorney General William Barr.

After the inevitable blowback from this action on “the shows,” the Trump administration and its propagandists—both in the public and private sectors—began test-driving some alternative facts about the events of Monday evening. Maybe the U.S. Park Police acted on its own out of self-defense, they suggested. Maybe its officers didn’t use tear gas, they suggested. Maybe this was all one big coincidence.

In short, they think you are fucking stupid.

Which means that we have hours of video footage and multiple on-the-record accounts on one side against a vague claim—with no supporting testimony or documentation—from a government bureaucrat with an alleged history of lying.

No reasonable person could look at the timeline, the video and photographic evidence, and the testimony and conclude that law enforcement cleared the area because the protest turned violent.

Anyone trying to further that story is either willfully uninformed or arguing in bad faith.
                                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                                X