Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    Don't you find your choice of avatar pretty ironic given the man you want to be reelected has done more and worse to women?
    Back to they both suck. So why do you pick Biden? The lesser of two evils right?

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
      I have a feeling that if Biden wins, whataboutism will be back in vogue here in the Sports Bar.
      Whataboutism was and is used by trump supporters to deflect and justify. I am doing neither in pointing out the absurdiry of a Trumo supoorter mocking and reveling in sexual assault allegations against Biden.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        Back to they both suck. So why do you pick Biden? The lesser of two evils right?
        I think he is, yes. But I didn't and don't pick him. I hope we can replace him. Claiming they are equally bad is absurd, though.

Comment

Whataboutism was and is used by trump supporters to deflect and justify. I am doing neither in pointing out the absurdiry of a Trumo supoorter mocking and reveling in sexual assault allegations against Biden.
          I thought the picture was funny. Didnt know it would trigger you.

If I am mocking anything, its the democrats/media/Biden's hypocrisy.
          "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
            I thought the picture was funny. Didnt know it would trigger you.

If I am mocking anything, its the democrats/media/Biden's hypocrisy.
            I am not triggered. I am bemused by your lack of awareness at mocking behavior that is even more prevalant on the right. I think the proper response is disappoint not glee when people stoop to the level of their opposition, but to each their own. Take joy in the validation that those you oppose are almost as bad as those you support.

Comment

I am not triggered. I am bemused by your lack of awareness at mocking behavior that is even more prevalant on the right. I think the proper response is disappoint not glee when people stoop to the level of their opposition, but to each their own. Take joy in the validation that those you oppose are almost as bad as those you support.
              I don't mean this as a personal attack, just an expression of my perplexity at the enjoyment those who have ignored, excused, and defended Trump in the schadenfreude they seem to be enjoying right now.

Comment

I think he is, yes. But I didn't and don't pick him. I hope we can replace him. Claiming they are equally bad is absurd, though.
                I did not claim they were equally bad. If they were there would be no lesser they would be equal.

You didn't/don't pick him, but wouldn't you be compelled to vote for him if it comes down to him vs. Trump?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                  I did not claim they were equally bad. If they were there would be no lesser they would be equal.

You didn't/don't pick him, but wouldn't you be compelled to vote for him if it comes down to him vs. Trump?
                  Yes, if I lived in a state where it mattered.

But I have been consistent in expressing my frustration not at those who held their noise to vote for Trump in the general, but those who support him, defend him, cheer for him.

Also, on my end, these are special circumstances, because Trump is the worst president of our life times. I don't defend or cheer for Biden or deny his faults. I say he is still much better than Trump. If he were facing a moderate with all his faculties and without as many personal flaws, I'd probably switch over to vote Republican. I'm thinking of a Romney or McCain--men that more closely represent the party I wish the GOP would go back to.
                  Last edited by Sour Masher; 05-02-2020, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Spouting about Trump in a thread about Biden is classic whataboutism. It will be very, very common if Biden wins.

Comment

Spouting about Trump in a thread about Biden is classic whataboutism. It will be very, very common if Biden wins.
                      The 2020 election thread is all about Biden? I didn't realize we couldn't talk about the other candidate in here.

Comment

• Feel feee to post what ever you want. The topic du jour was Biden and his media appearance yesterday. You went with ‘whatabout Trump’. I suppose I will need to get used to it as every mistake President Biden makes will be papered over with ‘what about Trump’.

Comment

Feel feee to post what ever you want. The topic du jour was Biden and his media appearance yesterday. You went with ‘whatabout Trump’. I suppose I will need to get used to it as every mistake President Biden makes will be papered over with ‘what about Trump’.
                          Do you see the irony of you pointing out whataboutism? It is your cause du jour to let all the lefties know they are hypocrites anytime they criticize anything anyone does on the right by bringing up times they did not do the same for their side. It would be more admirable cause if you did it consistently whenever you saw it rather than just target the left.

Comment

• It’s almost all left in here, so it would stand to reason that’s who I would be more frequently calling out especially when they are so strident in their views.
                            I appreciate consistency. I think Kavanaugh and Biden situations are similar and folks (and especially the media) should treat them same way.
                            And as for your silly point about me not calling out the right.....in the last couple of weeks are so I said that Burr and Loeffler should be kicked out of the Senate, the GOP in Wisconsin was making a terrible decision forging ahead with the primary, have been critical of much (not all) of Trump’s handling of the crisis, and written dozens of times about Trump’s childish behavior, in addition to vowing not vote for him. Heck, I even posted several times that I hoped that clown O’Rourke would beat Cruz. I don’t think it’s fair to say I’m a one trick pony in here.
                            Finally it’s not the whataboutism that really bothers me because again, consistency matters to me. I have been called out for ‘whataboutism’ many times (to be fair, it’s usually from the same guy) so I do rather enjoy bringing it up when I see others use it. If you want to forever ban it’s use, you’ll get no argument from me. But again, I’m thinking the room is going to want to be able to play that card with a President Biden. Just let me know....

Comment

I appreciate consistency. I think Kavanaugh and Biden situations are similar and folks (and especially the media) should treat them same way.
                              This is the only point I'm making here, its completely independent of Trump. I'm not going after Biden for possible rape, just the hypocrisy.
                              "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                                This is the only point I'm making here, its completely independent of Trump. I'm not going after Biden for possible rape, just the hypocrisy.
                                And that is the part that really gets me. Neither you or nots thinks Biden should be disqualified for these accusations and in that you are consistent with your positions on Kavanaugh and Trump. I guess I get it as it relates to Kavanaugh, because in both cases we are looking at one possibly politically motivated accuser. I don't get it as it relates to Trump. And in all cases, I think it is fair to consider these accusations carefully in determining our support of the candidates.

You guys seem to revel in the fact Biden is being accused, and I guess maybe the disconnect is you find it amusing that the left now has to wiggle and writhe in their defense of their guy like the right did, whereas I find it depressing as hell that both choices for 2020 have these accusations against them.

Comment

Working...
                                X