Clear All

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
    Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    The world is gray
    And I'm voting Biden

P.S. Kavanaugh is still guilty
    Super clever, did you make that up?
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
      This is why Trump's first trip will be to Phoenix.

https://rollcall.com/2020/04/28/dona...icopa-problem/
      Flipping Zona will be good. Not enough but start.

Comment

• Looks like we will get to hear her story:

The woman who accused former Vice President Joe Biden of sexually assaulting her when she worked as a staffer in his Senate office in 1993 is negotiating to appear in an interview with Fox News&#82…

I wonder why none of the left leaning media want the interview?

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
          Looks like we will get to hear her story:

The woman who accused former Vice President Joe Biden of sexually assaulting her when she worked as a staffer in his Senate office in 1993 is negotiating to appear in an interview with Fox News&#82…

Let her tell her story, and Wallace will ask her tough questions.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I really don't see how this is an example of the left-bias like to point out. This is a huge story right now across platforms, largely because of the work the NYT and other even more left-wing sources have done. In fact, despite her claims, she has done live interviews with left-leaning sources, although not MSNBC or CNN.

Also, not just about this, but in general, your focus on left-leaning media bias has me wondering--is your contention that the media as a whole favors the left or simply that left-leaning media is biased just like right-leaning bias, and you feel that is something people here need frequent reminders of? I assume the latter, but I don't see you call out Fox, conservative radio, and conservative websites like you do the left. But again, I assume/hope you do that because of where you are posting (you see mostly left-leaning sources posted here and want to point out their bias), that you recognize this bias is even more pronounced on the right, and you'd be emphasizing that on a forum dominated by Fox News viewers and Limbaugh ditto heads.
            Last edited by Sour Masher; 04-30-2020, 03:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
              Let her tell her story, and Wallace will ask her tough questions.
              I think Wallace just might do that. Of all the people on Fox who could land this, he is the most credible.

Comment

Maybe the same reason they've asked Biden about the alleged assault a grand total of 0 times.
                "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                  Maybe the same reason they've asked Biden about the alleged assault a grand total of 0 times.
                  Some of the first stories looking at these allegations seriously were on the left. The NYT a fisrontrunner on this, forcing this conversation to happen on the left, and just posted an article 4 hours ago about why TV media isn't booking an interview that I'd love to read, but I've exceeded more free articles.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                    The first stories on this were on left. The NYT was a frontrunner on this and just posted an article 4 hours ago about why TV media isn't booking an interview that I'd love to read, but I've exceeded more free articles.
                    When did NYT start reporting on it? I saw it on foxnews.com over a month ago.

And that doesnt exactly answer why no one is asking Biden about the assault.
                    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Some of the first stories looking at these allegations seriously were on the left. The NYT a fisrontrunner on this, forcing this conversation to happen on the left, and just posted an article 4 hours ago about why TV media isn't booking an interview that I'd love to read, but I've exceeded more free articles.
                      NYT ‘researched’ this story for 19 days after she told her story on that podcast before going with it and then let the Biden campaign remove a sentence they felt wasnt fair to their candidate. There is no way on earth they would have let Kavanaugh amend an article about him.
                      The NYT posted Ford’s accusations ( and much more damningly the other two accusers) in less than 4 days. They also wrote a few sympathetic articles about Ford her life, her background etc. which they haven’t done for Reede. To not acknowledge the bias in the coverage of these two cases is to be willfully blind or just partisan.

Of course the most damning thing of all is that not a single journalist has asked Biden directly about it, despite over 20 interviews, fund raisers and endorsements since the story broke. How does that square with the Kavanaugh coverage?
                      To answer your earlier post—of course Fix is biased. So is the WaPo, NYT, MSNBC and CNN. Fox frequently gets called out here. The others rarely do (maybe occasionally by 1J).

Comment

• Finally:
                        Former veep Joe Biden will break his silence over allegations he sexually assaulted former Senate staffer Tara Reade in a TV interview on Friday morning. The presumptive Democratic presidential nom…

Not my top choice for the interviewers, but good enough.

Comment

Finally:
                          Former veep Joe Biden will break his silence over allegations he sexually assaulted former Senate staffer Tara Reade in a TV interview on Friday morning. The presumptive Democratic presidential nom…

I doubt he admits to anything.

Comment

I doubt he admits to anything.
                            I’m sure he won’t..and maybe that’s because he doesn’t have anything to admit to. But the press needed to pursue this and Biden needs to be on the record denying it, not via a statement from his campaign.
                            Last edited by nots; 04-30-2020, 05:38 PM. Reason: A more complete thought

Comment

Finally:

So his fan club is doing the interview? LOL

Comment

I’m sure he won’t..and maybe that’s because he doesn’t have anything to admit to. But the press needed to pursue this and Biden needs to be on the record denying it, not via a statement from his campaign.
                                Oh, I think he does, but nothing that does him any favors. We are not at a place in American politics that the total honesty that David Letterman approached his extortionist would serve a politician well. He would lose more support than he gained if he admitted any wrong doing, even if it was a much lesser offense and it made him seem more credible to some if he gave an honest, believable account of events. I for one would find it very compelling if a believable account came from him, but it won't. It would be political suicide to even admit to an attempt at infidelity.

Comment

Working...
                                X