No announcement yet.

Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From the article you posted: the alleged incident happened outside the statute of limitations.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
      You minimalized sexual assault. As someone who was raised by his grandmother, has four sisters, two daughters and a wife I say fuck you.

No means no.

Are you saying that it's OK if I grab your dick through your pants , but not if I stick my finger up your ass?

Politics aside, your take was fucked.
      This is so laughably dumb, every single word.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
        Ps sanders supporters nauseate you because when your hypocrisy is pointed out, it makes you sick.

You obviously were never a true sanders supporter and you vitriol towards the rest of us just shows that in spades.

Thing is, should trump win I'll hate it, but I'll find a small amount of pleasure that it bothers you more.
        Of course you will, you're the one who told us Clinton would have been worse. Great call genius!
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Comment

• i just want to point out it's possible in a future alternate reality Biden my come down with alzheimer's or be older and infirmed someday and start grabbing a lot of nurses asses, and then we will look back on this and be like ok. and realize we were wrong about electing him.

unless that is, of course, something we all end up doing later when we get there, ass-grabbing. hehe

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
            I'm sure this is all just made up to protect Biden.

https://medium.com/@eddiekrassenstei...n-e4cb3ee38460
            There are some compelling things in here in Biden's defense. The fact that she praised Biden as late as 2017 for his work to help stop sexual abuse is pretty interesting, given her most recent claims.

Also, by many accounts, Reade is a sharer who likes attention, who is flighty. Frankly, watching her interviews, she reminds me of my mother. Within hours of meeting new people, she often gives accounts of her own childhood and adult abuses (she also, coincidentally, suddenly became a Trump fan and doesn't think Russia is all that bad, like Reade). My mother talks with similar speech patterns and enjoys telling others of traumas; she enjoys garnering sympathy. But here is the thing on that--she was abused all her life, and I think that made her the way she is, so if Reade is like that doesn't mean she wasn't assaulted. But here is the other thing about that, while I believe most of the things my mom tells people are largely true, I have heard her myself alter and exaggerate previously told stories to get more intense reactions. I have called her on that and sometimes she doesn't remember the older version, sometimes she says I am right, and sometimes she says she didn't want to share the more traumatic version at first.

And I really don't know what to make of any of it. I do know she was permanently scarred by many abusive actions by men. I know that her early abuses seemed to wire her as a victim and predators seemed to smell that out, and she sometimes actively put herself in situations that put her in danger. I know from her memories of my youth that her memory is flawed, and she often insists that things happened that I know did not, because I was there and I have a different memory, and I trust my memory more than hers. I may be projecting on Reade, but seeing her tweets laid out, not just the praise for Biden, but the earlier claims that said she wasn't even sure if Biden knew why she left, indicate that later accounts like she was forced out, may be altered or amplified. You can see other smaller inconsistencies, like she will say she drove to DC one year and flew to make that trip another year that highlight the imperfections in her accounts or memory.

I think at the very least, we can be confident something bad happened based on the facts and Reade's early proclamations and clear trauma. Biden has a proven history of crossing the line and making people uncomfortable. Reade's story has been consistent in him making a pass at her, and that act affecting her and hurting her career. But I am beginning to think we can't know exactly what happened. What parts were exaggerated, if they were? I don't know, and I don't even know if Reade or Biden really know, as I wouldn't trust either's memory at this point.

Comment

• here's the thing, it doesn't really matter one way or the other. Einstein married his cousin, Bill Clinton was a womanizer. and got impeached for it. if you want to be selfish in politics, it didn't affect their theories or politics. it's not going to make Biden make laws less favorable to women in the workplace. it's not going to affect maternity leave. it's not going to make it more acceptable that women make less than men. it's not going to make laws less favorable to rape and blame it on women for dressing so-called provocatively.

but yeah, it's a damn flaw in even great people, the people we expect to lead us by example. great doctors in the world, that cheat on their wives.

there's a saying from the movie the minority report. that movie has so many good quotes. 'be careful chief, when you dig into the past, all you get is dirty.'

you just have to weigh whether or not is impairs their ability to do their job. unless more women come forward, credible examples, i don't see this impairing Biden from doing his job. and i have to admit, he doesn't fit the profile of someone like Bill Clinton.

see this is where you use the Clinton impeachment against the GOP. you have a standard Clinton is the weapon. you have something to measure up to. if Biden doesn't measure up to it, than you use it for defense. Biden can be an idiot, but not and asshole. if we want to suddenly start judging our representatives on character. than we should just abolish every government.

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                here's the thing, it doesn't really matter one way or the other. Einstein married his cousin, Bill Clinton was a womanizer. and got impeached for it. if you want to be selfish in politics, it didn't affect their theories or politics. it's not going to make Biden make laws less favorable to women in the workplace. it's not going to affect maternity leave. it's not going to make it more acceptable that women make less than men. it's not going to make laws less favorable to rape and blame it on women for dressing so-called provocatively.

but yeah, it's a damn flaw in even great people, the people we expect to lead us by example. great doctors in the world, that cheat on their wives.

there's a saying from the movie the minority report. that movie has so many good quotes. 'be careful chief, when you dig into the past, all you get is dirty.'

you just have to weigh whether or not is impairs their ability to do their job. unless more women come forward, credible examples, i don't see this impairing Biden from doing his job. and i have to admit, he doesn't fit the profile of someone like Bill Clinton.

see this is where you use the Clinton impeachment against the GOP. you have a standard Clinton is the weapon. you have something to measure up to. if Biden doesn't measure up to it, than you use it for defense. Biden can be an idiot, but not and asshole. if we want to suddenly start judging our representatives on character. than we should just abolish every government.
                This is also a compelling argument. I'm not sure I agree fully that we should separate the man from the job he can and would do, but as you say, this one account may not be enough to bar him, and if more and worse do come out, that weapon of impeachment is in play.

I just find it sad that I feel compelled to parse this out and I'm shocked and disappointed at the extent my enthusiasm for the 2020 election has waned. I still think we need to get Trump out. I still think Trump cost American lives with his early handling of this pandemic. I still think Biden and especially his team would be better for this country. I really wish we didn't default to what we thought was the safe road in the primaries. I wish a better, more inspiring candidate had emerged. One without so many flaws.

Comment

here's the thing, it doesn't really matter one way or the other. Einstein married his cousin, Bill Clinton was a womanizer. and got impeached for it. if you want to be selfish in politics, it didn't affect their theories or politics.
                  I would disagree. It absolutely does matter for this discussion.

Einstein was not a politician, a moral stance against a scientist doesn't really matter. Science and morality are not linked, we can use his theories and his work without any interest in the person.

A politician, like Clinton, or Trump, or Biden is a different story. If we find that they are morally bankrupt or compromised, how are we to trust their public decisions? If they made poor choices in their personal life, they will make similarly poor choices in their public life. Integrity is something that should be paramount for a president. Unfortunately in recent years it is not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                    I would disagree. It absolutely does matter for this discussion.

Einstein was not a politician, a moral stance against a scientist doesn't really matter. Science and morality are not linked, we can use his theories and his work without any interest in the person.

A politician, like Clinton, or Trump, or Biden is a different story. If we find that they are morally bankrupt or compromised, how are we to trust their public decisions? If they made poor choices in their personal life, they will make similarly poor choices in their public life. Integrity is something that should be paramount for a president. Unfortunately in recent years it is not.
                    tell that to Dr. Anthony Fauci who has been embedded with biological warfare labs his entire career, and Birx, but we do. because we have no other choice. people that made x amount of money promoting drugs like AZT when it was thought to be the best course.

you guys haven't even started to look at their history. again, 'when you dig into the past, it gets dirty'. Fauci is smart, Birx is a semi-toad, comes with the territory. neither one is innocent, but these are the people we trust to do their jobs right now. so there you go, i just made a comparison to my analogy. Fauci knowing about as much as this, as anyone else in the world, yet, intimately embedded with biological warfare and making money off unproven drugs that failed. but still being able to do the right thing and fix it. and give guidance publicly in areas no-one else can. so yeah, we can question history and say their ability for the common good during a crises makes up for their character.

Comment

• not to be a conspiracy theorist but don't be so smitten to trust people in power, absolute power corrupts absolutely. everyone has their flaws. if only those flaws were as simple as some ass-grabbing.

Comment

tell that to Dr. Anthony Fauci who has been embedded with biological warfare labs his entire career, and Birx, but we do. because we have no other choice. people that made x amount of money promoting drugs like AZT when it was thought to be the best course.

you guys haven't even started to look at their history. again, 'when you dig into the past, it gets dirty'. Fauci is smart, Birx is a semi-toad, comes with the territory. neither one is innocent, but these are the people we trust to do their jobs right now. so there you go, i just made a comparison to my analogy. Fauci knowing about as much as this, as anyone else in the world, yet, intimately embedded with biological warfare and making money off unproven drugs that failed. but still being able to do the right thing and fix it. and give guidance publicly in areas no-one else can. so yeah, we can question history and say their ability for the common good during a crises makes up for their character.
                        Not clear on how bringing up a doctor's past refutes my argument that a morally bankrupt president (like the one we have now) is not something we should just ignore?

Comment

Science and morality are not linked
                          that's a big question can you separate science from morality. if only you could sit down on a bench and ask that question to Einstein or Oppenheimer or the guy that invented CRISPR gene editing technology. even then it's not a question anyone can answer yet. unless you are Japanese and lived in Hiroshima or Nagasaki. and you said after your invention, we just became destroyers of worlds.

Comment

Not clear on how bringing up a doctor's past refutes my argument that a morally bankrupt president (like the one we have now) is not something we should just ignore?
                            i guess it depends on whether or not they are totally morally bankrupt. people make mistakes, but when they consistently make them, then you ask to see their tax returns

Comment

• This is why Trump's first trip will be to Phoenix.

Clearly, the problem is Trump, whose style doesn’t sell well in Maricopa County (and in many other urban and suburban areas). As long as he is in the White House or on the ballot, the GOP has a problem in the county, and therefore in the state.

Unfortunately for Trump, he doesn’t have anywhere to turn to make up the votes he is losing in Maricopa County. Together, Maricopa and the state’s second largest county, Democratic Pima (Tucson), account for three-quarters of Arizona’s vote, and the state’s other counties simply don’t deliver a large enough number of voters to change an election outcome.

Even worse for Trump and the Arizona GOP, Maricopa is growing. Quickly.

According to the U.S. Census Bureau’s July 1, 2019, report on population changes, Maricopa County had the fastest growth in the country, in terms of population change, between 2010 and 2019.

In fact, Maricopa is now the fourth most populous county in the nation, ranking behind only Los Angeles County (California), Cook County (Illinois) and Harris County (Texas).
                              - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Roses are red
                                Violets are blue
                                The world is gray
                                And I'm voting Biden

P.S. Kavanaugh is still guilty
                                "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Working...
                                X