Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    Who would the DNC pivot to if this becomes a real thing?
    anyone but Bernie. Cuomo seems to be the flavor of the month
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
      Because the media didn’t report on it?
      Because the media still hasn’t asked Biden about it? (He’s answered something like 81 questions from journalists since the NYT ‘broke’ (lol) the story but no one has asked him about it.
      I won't defend the MSM on recent coverage, but there were a lot of media out to get Joe Biden for months, and many years before, and this wasn't out there until now; the alt and right media were focused on Hunter Biden and the Ukraine and his waning mental capacities. This isn't his first bid to become president either. But I guess times are different now and people are speaking up more.

If it isn't too late, I'd love to see him replaced at the convention, but it won't happen. If he is being replaced with another old man, at this point, it seems like a coin flip that he also won't have this same history.

I don't wanna turn this into an old debate we had when Chance was posting, but I still maintain men really are toxic as a group. I think there is enough evidence to suggest we are wired that way, by and large, and need to work to overcome that. Throw in the lax social mores and the next-to-no penalties of the past, and I'd say a frightening number of older men have crimes on their resume.

Not just with sexual crimes, either. We are more violent. Again, I don't excuse it, but I think some of it is biology. Racists always point to higher crime rates among certain minorities, but never point out the far, far larger disparities among the genders. Men kill more. They rape much, much more. They commit more crimes across the board. None of that was a reason to vote for a specific female candidate in 2020, but I sure do think it is time for the right candidate to rise up and get her shot. Continuing to give power to old men who have abused their power isn't a great way forward.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        I won't defend the MSM on recent coverage, but there were a lot of media out to get Joe Biden for months, and many years before, and this wasn't out there until now; the alt and right media were focused on Hunter Biden and the Ukraine and his waning mental capacities. This isn't his first bid to become president either. But I guess times are different now and people are speaking up more.

If it isn't too late, I'd love to see him replaced at the convention, but it won't happen. If he is being replaced with another old man, at this point, it seems like a coin flip that he also won't have this same history.

I don't wanna turn this into an old debate we had when Chance was posting, but I still maintain men really are toxic as a group. I think there is enough evidence to suggest we are wired that way, by and large, and need to work to overcome that. Throw in the lax social mores and the next-to-no penalties of the past, and I'd say a frightening number of older men have crimes on their resume.

Not just with sexual crimes, either. We are more violent. Again, I don't excuse it, but I think some of it is biology. Racists always point to higher crime rates among certain minorities, but never point out the far, far larger disparities among the genders. Men kill more. They rape much, much more. They commit more crimes across the board. None of that was a reason to vote for a specific female candidate in 2020, but I sure do think it is time for the right candidate to rise up and get her shot. Continuing to give power to old men who have abused their power isn't a great way forward.
        I will.disagree with your first sentence or two. This wasnt a secret except for those who get their news from cnn and msnbc who purposely ignored it.
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
          I will.disagree with your first sentence or two. This wasnt a secret except for those who get their news from cnn and msnbc who purposely ignored it.
          This has been out there for a while, but without corroboration, at least for the sexual assault part of the accusation. Given that the accuser was a Sanders campaign worker and had the whole Putin thing hanging over her, there were reasons both to be concerned about Biden and also to question her credibility. It seems like her credibility has gotten a major boost with the various corroborating accounts, particularly the friend who supports a lot of the detail.

At the very least, Biden should release his relevant senatorial staffing records. That might not address the sexual assault, but it would certainly shed light on the sexual harassment claims.

Edit to clarify: Really Biden should be replaced, but how? What a mess.
          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

To clarify, this has been known for some time. Alternative media have reported extensively on it for the last month. If you give CNN and MSNBC a pass on this I'd love to hear your rationale, because it is obvious that they purposely ignored it as long as possible.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
              This has been out there for a while, but without corroboration, at least for the sexual assault part of the accusation. Given that the accuser was a Sanders campaign worker and had the whole Putin thing hanging over her, there were reasons both to be concerned about Biden and also to question her credibility. It seems like her credibility has gotten a major boost with the various corroborating accounts, particularly the friend who supports a lot of the detail.

At the very least, Biden should release his relevant senatorial staffing records. That might not address the sexual assault, but it would certainly shed light on the sexual harassment claims.
              Yes, but shouldn't it be the role of the media to search for this corroboration instead of to hope that it doesn't exist (because they are rooting for a particular candidate) ? the Sanders/Putin angle is just the excuse to attack her and claim that it never happened

EDIT: it just doesn't seem to me that they investigated the same as if it was Trump or Sanders who was accused.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Yes, but shouldn't it be the role of the media to search for this corroboration instead of to hope that it doesn't exist (because they are rooting for a particular candidate) ? the Sanders/Putin angle is just the excuse to attack her and claim that it never happened
                I think they were searching.

Obviously the media isn't a monolith. So I'm sure some were hoping it would go away because they didn't want to help [pick one: Sanders, Trump]. But a lot of them were searching for corroboration.
                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

To clarify, this has been known for some time. Alternative media have reported extensively on it for the last month. If you give CNN and MSNBC a pass on this I'd love to hear your rationale, because it is obvious that they purposely ignored it as long as possible.
                  I agree. Claiming it hasn’t been known is pretty disingenuous unless your only source of info is CNN.
                  Last edited by nots; 04-27-2020, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Obviously the media isn't a monolith. So I'm sure some were hoping it would go away because they didn't want to help [pick one: Sanders, Trump]. But a lot of them were searching for corroboration.
                    Meh...they ran the Kavanaugh stories without a whole lot of corroboration. What ever happened to Julia Swetnick and Michael Avenetti anyhow?

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                      I agree. Claiming it hasn’t been known is pretty disingenuous unless your only source of info is CNN.
                      There is still time to replace Biden with someone else who doesn’t have the whiff of a scandal that he does. It makes zero sense to me not to do it.
                      Did someone here claim it hasn't been known?

Comment

• No, the room just avoided posting about it for 30 days (save Teen Wolf).
                        Seems like we were a lot quicker to post about the 2nd and 3rd accusations against Kavanaugh, but maybe I’m mistaken. Did those take 30 days too?

Comment

That is possible. But she did interviews that I saw many weeks ago and there was nothing, absolutely nothing, on CNN or MSNBC saying that Biden was accused. I have a hard time thinking they would have done the same for others.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

That is possible. But she did interviews that I saw many weeks ago and there was nothing, absolutely nothing, on CNN or MSNBC saying that Biden was accused. I have a hard time thinking they would have done the same for others.
                            I don't follow MSNBC at all. I look at CNN.com occasionally. I tend to get my news from probably more left-slanting publications (Twitter, Slate, the Atlantic, etc.) and I know I saw the news across a number of those sites. I don't think it was hidden. I saw a variety of publications reporting on why they weren't blasting it more prominently and repeatedly across their headlines (because of both her background and the inability to corroborate). Honestly I saw less/none of it on the right-leaning publications that I follow.

If it doesn't get more airplay now, then there is definitely something wrong.

Comment

• Biden certainly needs to address it and if true it should be disqualifying...if he weren't running against an admitted sexual predator who's been accused of sexual by 25 women. Can't wait to see the Republicans try to frame this one.
                              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Did someone here claim it hasn't been known?
                                Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                                I won't defend the MSM on recent coverage, but there were a lot of media out to get Joe Biden for months, and many years before, and this wasn't out there until now
                                I assume "until now" means in the past few days.
                                "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Working...
                                X