Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nots View Post
    Typical of the response I have come to expect from you. There have literally been dozens of articles written by both red and blue writers discussing how short Obama's coattails are. You must have missed everyone of those. Instead, you call the guy electoral Kraken and then back up your fantasy with some cherry picked stat that ignores the elections of 2010, 2012, 2014 and most importantly 2016, when the guy went all in for Hillary (remember the night before election concert at Indpenedenc Hall? Yep, same state Dems lost for 1st time since 1984) who lost to a semi literate man child. Biden is likely (IMO) to win this time but it's not going to be due to Obama's Kracken-ness. Gotcha!
    Nice snark, Gotcha! How about looking up some, you know, stats to back up the snarkiness?

Obama Endorsements
    2014 - 4-1, 80%
    2016 - 96-66, 59%
    2017 - 6-0, 100%
    2018 - 232-110, 68%
    2019 - 9-8 (only Virginia state races), 53%
    TOTAL - 346-175, 67%

What was O's rate in 2016? How about 2010?
    "According to Politico, Obama had not traditionally endorsed candidates prior to the 2016 election, when he prepared a list of 150 candidates in state and federal elections he would endorse. The site reported that Obama's 2016 effort was "an unprecedented engagement all the way down-ballot for any president."

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      Nice snark, Gotcha! How about looking up some, you know, stats to back up the snarkiness?

Obama Endorsements
      2014 - 4-1, 80%
      2016 - 96-66, 59%
      2017 - 6-0, 100%
      2018 - 232-110, 68%
      2019 - 9-8 (only Virginia state races), 53%
      TOTAL - 346-175, 67%

"According to Politico, Obama had not traditionally endorsed candidates prior to the 2016 election, when he prepared a list of 150 candidates in state and federal elections he would endorse. The site reported that Obama's 2016 effort was "an unprecedented engagement all the way down-ballot for any president."
      Hey, here’s a stat:
      In 2014, the Republicans achieved their highest majority in the House since 1928 but I guess it was comforting for you that Obama went 4-1. Maybe he should have hunted around a little harder for some other candidates to endorse.
      Another stat: the most important endorsement he made was in 2016 and she face planted. You can spin that any way you want but Kraken don’t lose to Trump.
      The guy oversaw over 1000 Democratic seats across all levels of government go red while he was President.

Comment

• @tranagreg...this thread has definitely went back from Canadian to American style

Comment

• Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
          @tranagreg...this thread has definitely went back from Canadian to American style
          yeah, didn't see that coming ... you can still blame canada tho ...
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Another round of good polling for Biden in the battleground states...

Fox News poll rated an A- at 538 in PA Biden 50-Trump 42

Fox News poll rated A- at 538 in Michigan Biden 49 Trump 41

Quinnipiac poll rated B+ at 538 in Florida Biden 46 Trump 42

Quinnipiac University Poll’s list of recent and past poll results for political races, state and national elections, and issues of public concern.

If those 3 play out like this that is the ballgame but never count on Florida. I do stand by what I have been saying and this backs up that MI and PA will go for Biden. WI, NC AZ, and FL are much harder to project.

Same Fox news poll also gives some good news for the only lean rated senate race at cook political that Dems are defending in Michigan (Jones is a lean R race) Peters 46 James 36.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
              Another round of good polling for Biden in the battleground states...

Fox News poll rated an A- at 538 in PA Biden 50-Trump 42

Fox News poll rated A- at 538 in Michigan Biden 49 Trump 41

Quinnipiac poll rated B+ at 538 in Florida Biden 46 Trump 42

Quinnipiac University Poll’s list of recent and past poll results for political races, state and national elections, and issues of public concern.

If those 3 play out like this that is the ballgame but never count on Florida. I do stand by what I have been saying and this backs up that MI and PA will go for Biden. WI, NC AZ, and FL are much harder to project.

Same Fox news poll also gives some good news for the only lean rated senate race at cook political that Dems are defending in Michigan (Jones is a lean R race) Peters 46 James 36.
              If Biden keeps his promise to ban fracking, he is going to have trouble in Pennsylvania. I’m sure Trump team has not run any ‘Biden bans fracking’ads yet, but I guarantee they are coming. Smart play for Biden is to walk that promise back now.

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                If Biden keeps his promise to ban fracking, he is going to have trouble in Pennsylvania. I’m sure Trump team has not run any ‘Biden bans fracking’ads yet, but I guarantee they are coming. Smart play for Biden is to walk that promise back now.

He did an interview with KDKA here in Pittsburgh on April 20th and clarified it again...

“No, I would not shut down this industry. I know our Republican friends are trying to say I said that. I said I would not do any new leases on federal lands. Ninety percent of the leases are not on federal land, to begin with. I would make sure … the water is not being contaminated. But I would not shut it down, no.”

His campaign already walked it back as him misstating his position and it was not meant to cover all fracking the day after the comments.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                  He did an interview with KDKA here in Pittsburgh on April 20th and clarified it again...

“No, I would not shut down this industry. I know our Republican friends are trying to say I said that. I said I would not do any new leases on federal lands. Ninety percent of the leases are not on federal land, to begin with. I would make sure … the water is not being contaminated. But I would not shut it down, no.”

His campaign already walked it back as him misstating his position and it was not meant to cover all fracking the day after the comments.

Hadn’t seen that....smart move on his part

Comment

• But we all agree we should work toward getting rid of the practice all together don't we?

Well except for OneJ and CBB.
                    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Sexual assault allegations against Biden are gaining some credence. This is really troubling:

Former Biden staffer Tara Reade says the Democratic presidential nominee sexually assaulted her in 1993. Reade's former neighbor tells Insider that Reade confided in her about the allegations at the time.
                      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                        Sexual assault allegations against Biden are gaining some credence. This is really troubling:

https://www.businessinsider.com/form...accuser-2020-4
                        Yeah, what a pitiful state of affairs that in 2020 we are choosing between two old men with a history of alleged sexual harassment and assault. I don't know why this didn't get enough traction in the primaries early enough for it to matter, but here we are.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                          Yeah, what a pitiful state of affairs that in 2020 we are choosing between two old men with a history of alleged sexual harassment and assault. I don't know why this didn't get enough traction in the primaries early enough for it to matter, but here we are.
                          Because the media didn’t report on it?
                          Because the media still hasn’t asked Biden about it? (He’s answered something like 81 questions from journalists since the NYT ‘broke’ (lol) the story but no one has asked him about it.

Comment

Yeah, what a pitiful state of affairs that in 2020 we are choosing between two old men
                            not only that but one candidate has dementia and the other speaks like he does. Unbelievable that this is the best we have to offer.
                            "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Who would the DNC pivot to if this becomes a real thing?
                              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

The mainstream/legacy media does appear to have ignored this for as long as possible. And when it couldn't be ignored any longer Tara Reade has been attacked by too many of the Dem loyalists. Really disappointing, but not at all surprising.
                                ---------------------------------------------
                                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                                ---------------------------------------------
                                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X