X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    It doesn't have to be.
    But it is.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
      I've acknowledged many times that I'm not a big fan of Biden, but was one of the few to defend him against TW's baseless attacks.

I've said about all there is to say about Trump; namely, that he's a sociopath and anyone who defends him is a wanna-be sociopath. It's a very depressing POV to be honest but there's simply no way to rationally defend that monster.

ETA: I'm happy that you're not one of them.
      Not ALL TWs attacks on Biden were baseless, though most were Hyperbolic.

It's One thing to defend a guy like Biden for possibly experiencing the beginnings of Dementia and his occasional flubs and disorientation as some do, it's quite another to defend/support a racist, homophobic, misogynistic piece of shit like Trump as OneJay and CBB do.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

But it is.
        Not yet.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Not ALL TWs attacks on Biden were baseless, though most were Hyperbolic.

It's One thing to defend a guy like Biden for possibly experiencing the beginnings of Dementia and his occasional flubs and disorientation as some do, it's quite another to defend/support a racist, homophobic, misogynistic piece of shit like Trump as OneJay and CBB do.
          I wasn't saying all of his attacks were baseless, but some of them definitely were. And many of his/your brothers and sisters on the far left to continue to make them. #neverbiden is filled with them along with some legitimate criticisms.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Comment

I wasn't say all of his attacks were baseless, but some of them definitely were. And many of his/your brothers and sisters on the far left to continue to make them. #neverbiden is filled with them along with some legitimate criticisms.
            Not a NeverBiden guy, but Biden has slipped to 3rd in my preferential rankings.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Not a NeverBiden guy, but Biden has slipped to 3rd in my preferential rankings.
              He better pick a really good VP that people will support in the event that he cannot finish his term.

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                Is that the bar we are looking to clear?
                The only thing anybody brings up about Biden is his ability on the speaking stage/declining mentally and I just meant he doesn't sound any worse than Trump and at least Biden is intelligent...not something you can say about Trump. I'm not a big fan of either but the choices are what they are at this point and my vote will be whatever gets the current trash out of office.

Comment

• Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                  The only thing anybody brings up about Biden is his ability on the speaking stage/declining mentally and I just meant he doesn't sound any worse than Trump and at least Biden is intelligent...not something you can say about Trump. I'm not a big fan of either but the choices are what they are at this point and my vote will be whatever gets the current trash out of office.
                  Calling Biden intelligent is a bit of a stretch for me. How do you reconcile his intelligence with calling Trump ‘xenophobic’ for halting visitors from Chinaon Jan 31? To me, it appears Trump got that one right (albeit late) and Biden didn’t.

Comment

Calling Biden intelligent is a bit of a stretch for me. How do you reconcile his intelligence with calling Trump ‘xenophobic’ for halting visitors from Chinaon Jan 31? To me, it appears Trump got that one right (albeit late) and Biden didn’t.
                    Not saying Biden or any other politician gets things right all the time but he is surely intelligent compared to Trump over the entire body of work imo.

Comment

Not saying Biden or any other politician gets things right all the time but he is surely intelligent compared to Trump over the entire body of work imo.
                      Pretty big miss though, no? Maybe not as big as his Iraq war vote, but big nonetheless.

Comment

Pretty big miss though, no? Maybe not as big as his Iraq war vote, but big nonetheless.
                        Pretty big miss? Dick Cheney created an office to deliberately produce lies about WMDs to convince people to vote for the war. So to act now like Biden was the decision-maker that led us into that colossal blunder is just BS and you know it. As is talking about Biden's response to COVID19 when his opponent is going to be directly responsible for tens if not hundreds of thousands of deaths.
                        - Terence McKenna

Comment

Surely you can see that right now in his current mental state, Biden is about ready to clock out. What exactly has he said lately that makes you think he's intelligent?
                          "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Pretty big miss? Dick Cheney created an office to deliberately produce lies about WMDs to convince people to vote for the war. So to act now like Biden was the decision-maker is just BS and you know it. As is talking about Biden's response to COVID19 when his opponent is going to be directly responsible for tens if not hundreds of thousands of deaths.
                            But aside your hatred for Trump and let’s focus on Biden. On Feb 1, when Biden criticized Trump for halting arrivals from China, was that the right call or the wrong call? If Biden had allowed arrivals to continue, would more people have died or less? Just give an honest answer.
                            And speaking of Iraq—- how come Obama and Sanders (among others) got that vote right and Biden didn’t?

Comment

But aside your hatred for Trump and let’s focus on Biden. On Feb 1, when Biden criticized Trump for halting arrivals from China, was that the right call or the wrong call? If Biden had allowed arrivals to continue, would more people have died or less? Just give an honest answer.
                              And speaking of Iraq—- how come Obama and Sanders (among others) got that vote right and Biden didn’t?
                              Clearly it was the wrong call on both decisions. I'm not defending his vote, nor did I ever defend Clinton's. But let's also acknowledge that the vote would've passed regardless of how either of them voted. So the ultimate responsibility lies not with either but with the war criminals Cheney, Rumsfeld, and Bush.

My point is, comparing Biden's wrong decisions to Trump's is not even a remotely close competition. That is the choice is voters will be given in November. Biden is meh, Trump is a monster.
                              - Terence McKenna

Comment

Clearly it was the wrong call on both decisions. I'm not defending his vote, nor did I ever defend Clinton's. But let's also acknowledge that the vote would've passed regardless of how either of them voted. So the ultimate responsibility lies not with either but with the war criminals Cheney, Rumsfeld, and Bush.

My point is, comparing Biden's wrong decisions to Trump's is not even a remotely close competition. That is the choice is voters will be given in November. Biden is meh, Trump is a monster.
                                Fair enough. I can listen to criticism of Trump for the next 6 months, but I’m not going to pretend Biden isn’t a deeply flawed candidate and I’m going to push back on a lot of his praise in the room here.

Comment

Working...
                                X