No announcement yet.

Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And the double standard being applied to Sanders vs Warren is just perfect.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
      And the double standard being applied to Sanders vs Warren is just perfect.
      Double standard?

Yes astros or did they win all on their own without ANY advantage?
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• gith your stance is clear, but seems nutty to most people because it is muddying simple facts. Next president will be either the dem nom or trump, and the dem nominee clear as day will be biden. Anything that hurts biden will help trump. If someone with too much time on their hands wants to 15 times a day go on message boards and slam biden, that cant possibly do any good to anything in the universe except help trump. Debates that weaken biden cannot help anyone but trump. This is super simple math. Sanders can achieve symbolic victories, maybe score "zingers" to hurt biden, again, but to no other end than to diminish biden and help trump.

repubs are lockstep united, not in their liking trump, many have issues with him, but to stay united and beat dems. If at same time sanders is trying to destroy the only shot dems have at trump by weakening biden, then that is doing the work of supporting trump. 2nd term trump will feel like he is unrestricted from following even the pretense of following laws, more kids in cages, destroying environmental protections so maybe we all have sludge when we turn faucet on and not just the dark skinned people of Flint, more outlandish statements against law enforcement, media, judges, generals, anyone who utters something counter to the nutty lie filled alter reality trump has created and so many eat like it is life-soup.

We get your position. Just disagree. We can talk about what kind of harm will happen to the vast majority of people, it certainly wont just be "biden" people, which considering he has been endorsed by just about everyone encompasses the majority, but that is for another time.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
          EDIT: In NO way do it believe Biden is the better candidate and Biden beat him like the Astros Beat the Dodgers.
          That's crazy talk. Wow.

Comment

Double standard?

Yes astros or did they win all on their own without ANY advantage?
            Yes, she's supposed to immediately endorse Sanders while he's allowed to do whatever he wants because he's the Chosen One.

Didn't the Dodgers have a higher payroll? Hasn't Bernie been running for five years now? I know reality is a MFer sometimes but eventually you have to face it, no?

He lost because the voters heard his message and were not persuaded. He stayed in too long last time and he's doing it again, to the likely detriment of defeating Trump. No excuse this time. He won't be getting my vote this time in AZ; like I said I'm done with him.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              That's crazy talk. Wow.
              Are you denying hearing the trash can banging when Biden was speaking to let him know how to answer the question?

Comment

• Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                Are you denying hearing the trash can banging when Biden was speaking to let him know how to answer the question?
                They went to body buzzers since the last election
                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Yes, she's supposed to immediately endorse Sanders while he's allowed to do whatever he wants because he's the Chosen One.

Didn't the Dodgers have a higher payroll? Hasn't Bernie been running for five years now? I know reality is a MFer sometimes but eventually you have to face it, no?

He lost because the voters heard his message and were not persuaded. He stayed in too long last time and he's doing it again, to the likely detriment of defeating Trump. No excuse this time. He won't be getting my vote this time in AZ; like I said I'm done with him.
                  False equivalencies. Warren quit--Sanders has not. Yes my LA/Hou analogy was closer to the 2016 election, my bad--cuz this time there's no overt cheating going on--but there's absolutely a system in place to make the Sanders team play with 5 men on the field vs Biden's 9

The fact you're still blaming Bernie for 2016 shows how willfully ignorant you're being about all this and why any rational conversation is pretty much wasted on you.

Don't vote for him--you'd only sully his ballot anyhow.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

FWIW, I didn’t have a problem at all with Sanders staying in 2016 ( in fact, I voted for him in June when NJ held its primary). The DNC rigged things and I felt he had a legitimate gripe. It was a sham process (even if I think Clinton would have won anyhow). There was no sham process this time. Only folks rebuffing Sanders in favor of Biden. He should do what the other 24 losers have done and bow out.
                    I do think it’s telling that the only endorsements he’s gotten from the 24 also rans are from DiBlasio and Williamson. 2 terrible candidates.

Comment

False equivalencies. Warren quit--Sanders has not. Yes my LA/Hou analogy was closer to the 2016 election, my bad--cuz this time there's no overt cheating going on--but there's absolutely a system in place to make the Sanders team play with 5 men on the field vs Biden's 9

The fact you're still blaming Bernie for 2016 shows how willfully ignorant you're being about all this and why any rational conversation is pretty much wasted on you.

Don't vote for him--you'd only sully his ballot anyhow.
                      So for months your Bernie compadre was saying Biden was only playing with half a deck.....but after his Super Tuesday beatdowns, he actually held all the cards?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        So for months your Bernie compadre was saying Biden was only playing with half a deck.....but after his Super Tuesday beatdowns, he actually held all the cards?
                        Clever, but lease don't compare me to TW--though we agree on Sanders, that's about it.

To wit, I have no issue with Biden and will vote for him, I just--Obviously-- don't think he's the best candidate nor has the best shot at defeating Trump.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                          FWIW, I didn’t have a problem at all with Sanders staying in 2016 ( in fact, I voted for him in June when NJ held its primary). The DNC rigged things and I felt he had a legitimate gripe. It was a sham process (even if I think Clinton would have won anyhow). There was no sham process this time. Only folks rebuffing Sanders in favor of Biden. He should do what the other 24 losers have done and bow out.
                          I do think it’s telling that the only endorsements he’s gotten from the 24 also rans are from DiBlasio and Williamson. 2 terrible candidates.
                          Do you honestly think there was NO cohesive offensive to prevent Sanders from becoming the nominee?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• What cohesive offensive are you referring to? Cite examples please

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                              What cohesive offensive are you referring to? Cite examples please
                              Let’s start with the Media there have been multiple examples of the Media being anti Sanders and working to minimize his impact. CNN, MSNBC and The NY Times were the most notable as they limited any coverage of Sanders even excluding him in polls and tickers--even though 585 had Sanders as the most viable candidate to defeat Trump (Just google Bernie Blackout for details. The Washington Post has always been anti Sanders, but it’s been the LEFT leaning Media outlets that have surprised in their efforts to have anyone but Sanders emerge from these primaries as the nomination.

The DNC has also stepped in considering efforts to prevent Sanders should he enter the convention with the most delegates. From possibly reversing a new rule excluding Supers on the first vote to appointing Clinton surrogates (virulent anti Sanders people like Podesta and Frank) to the rules committees for the convention. The coordination of pretty much every remaining Democrat in the primaries dropping out ONLY after they has an assured front runner (I don;t believe that would have happened if Biden didn’t show as well as he did prior to Super Tuesday) the fact to a person the failed candidates endorsed Biden, in concert and echoed the mantra--Sanders isn’t a Democrat. All of this is out there--Just google it.

Clinton, Obama and other Dem establishment power brokers have attacked Bernie. At every turn, now you can say--well that’s just politics and you’d be right, but to ignore the wave of anti Sanders moves being made, and ONLY against Sanders, but all those who CAN make an impact is just ridiculous. Again, I get it--He isn;t a real Democrat, but a BROKEN system forced him to run as one to have a shot--he’s accomplished quite a bit and could have ? would have? Might just still...accomplish more as he continues to Rage Against the Machine. And that’s the crux of it. Establishment Dems went from a cry of Hope and Change to one of Return To Normalcy Sanders is the Change candidate, but Dems aren’t interested in that now--Not the ones who are already secure in the system, comfortable with the status quo. And Bernie is unapologetic in what he believes and how he goes about communicating his ideas--He rubs people the wrong way for the right reasons and I LOVE that.

You’re not going to find a manifesto outlining a conspiracy against Sanders specifically, but like the wink wink nod nod non collusion sports owners have used in the past, all you have to do is care enough to look and connect the dots.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• I am getting the feeling that the current crisis is going to expose our governmental failures in many ways. And not just Trump. The fallout will likely bring about far more changes than we might have thought possible. Trade, antitrust, healthcare, unemployment, bankruptcy etc. Or maybe not
                                ---------------------------------------------
                                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                                ---------------------------------------------
                                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X