Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
    This is why I'm excited to watch Biden for the next 8 months, countless Weekend at Biden's memes. I think its very obvious that he's either had a stroke (or more than one) or he's suffering from early stage dementia. All that said, I wouldnt be at all surprised if Weekend at Biden's won in November and then I'll be so disappointed that I was excited about this.
    Gross.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Worth reading.

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
        yeah, so what does it tell us? That Bernie never had a chance with them no matter what he did. Which I think we all realize by now.

So what does it mean for the future ? how do we change this ? I certainly don't have the answers.

And to clarify, "them" is black Southern voters as referred to in the first tweet -- "I've talked to TOO MANY black Southern voters this week (and during my life) I wanna stop and explain the concept of "the establishment" to some people and why a lot of black Southern voters will NEVER vote for Bernie."
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
          yeah, so what does it tell us? That Bernie never had a chance with them no matter what he did. Which I think we all realize by now.

So what does it mean for the future ? how do we change this ? I certainly don't have the answers.
          Yea, considering Warren was once a Republican she never had a chance either. Maybe the Democrats should make a greater effort to actually help these communities when they're back in power.
          - Terence McKenna

Comment

Yea, considering Warren was once a Republican she never had a chance either. Maybe the Democrats should make a greater effort to actually help these communities when they're back in power.
            I completely agree. Unfortunately I have no confidence in Joe Biden to actually do that.

I was thinking of a question earlier. I am not a Biden fan, but I want to be convinced that I should vote for him (no reference to Trump allowed). What has Joe Biden done, personally, to help lower class or minority people in his time as a public servant. I won't push back at all, just someone explain to me what he has done to make minorities and lower class folks life better. I hope there is a lot of stuff I am missing, I'd feel a lot better voting for him if he has a good record on this issue.
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I think it is unfortunate because I believe Warren or Sanders policies would be the most likely to help them. But that is water under the bridge unless something surprising happens. Hopefully if Biden is elected he will actually make some progress.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Although apparently they dont need to, they just need to be Democrats. That is enough according to this guus tweets
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Gross.
                  What's gross about CBB taking pleasure in watching the Democrats fail? Isn't that just politics? He didn't make any personal comments on anyone other than Biden and didn't say anything untrue.

CBB's post was a preview of what will happen in the general. You might as well prepare for the senility election because that's what's coming.
                  Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                    As I mentioned to Sour; shouldn't you just vote for the candidate that Obama endorses?
                    No, although I'd certainly weigh his input and explanation. Just because he was my favorite candidate/president ever doesn't mean I think he's perfect or that I forego all independent judgement and just think whatever he tells me to think, lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                      How much did he live up to your expectations?
                      Obama very much lived up to my expectations, largely across the Board. Unfortunately, McConnell and the GOP also lived down to my expectations, blocking Obama as much and as often as they could, limiting his ability to execute on his plans after the first two years, but I never for a second regretted my support for Obama. I absolutely regard him as the best president of my lifetime.

Comment

• Maybe it's not over, but the math and the states left sure make it hard for Bernie, he won't win the southern states and he won't win FL which could be a huge delegate count for Biden. Where does Bernie make that up. This is not media bias it is math, he is going to need 57% of the delegates left to be ahead going to the convention and he is going to get beat badly in a number of states and I don't see where he racks up huge margin wins to counter that. Here is the times article summarizing the problem for Sanders...

Bernie Sanders had an advantage on Super Tuesday he will not see again: many early votes cast before moderates coalesced around one candidate.

The large early and absentee vote in some of the states most favorable to Mr. Sanders was enough to keep him close and competitive in the overall delegate count, despite 10 losses in 14 states. Over all, Mr. Biden holds only 45 percent of pledged delegates after Super Tuesday, according to preliminary Upshot estimates, while Mr. Sanders is expected to finish with around 39 percent. These tallies could change depending on the eventual result in California (which might not become official for weeks), but if they hold, Mr. Biden’s delegate lead would be far from irreversible. In fact, Mr. Sanders would need to defeat Mr. Biden by only three points in the remaining two-thirds of the country to overtake him.

A three-point deficit is not a daunting handicap, certainly not when Mr. Biden was polling 20 points lower just a few days ago. But the Super Tuesday results do not augur well for Mr. Sanders’s odds of pulling it off. He remained so competitive on Super Tuesday in part because of the large number of early and absentee voters who cast ballots before it became apparent that Mr. Biden was the viable moderate candidate.

The rest of the country may be even less favorable to Mr. Sanders. With Texas and California off the board, most of the remaining populous states lie in the East, where Mr. Sanders tended to lose, often badly. They also tend to have a below-average Latino share of the vote. It is hard to identify any state where Mr. Sanders would be obviously favored outside of the Northwest, if voters broke approximately as they did on Super Tuesday.

The states where Latino voters do represent roughly their average share of the electorate do not seem likely to be as favorable to Mr. Sanders as California or Texas. Arizona, New Mexico, New York and Florida allow only registered Democrats to vote, and therefore exclude a disproportionate number of young Hispanic voters — many of them registered as independents — who are likeliest to back Mr. Sanders. These closed primaries will exclude many young non-Latino voters as well, posing a broader challenge to Mr. Sanders that he did not overcome in 2016 and has not yet had to face in 2020.

Mr. Biden, in contrast, will continue to find many states in the next few weeks where black voters represent an average or above-average share of the population. He is all but assured to win commanding delegate majorities in Mississippi, Georgia and Florida. And there are many other states, including Missouri, Ohio and Michigan, where Mr. Biden would be the favorite if he could continue the pattern of his success with white voters in the East.

He needs around 54 percent of the remaining delegates to claim a majority heading into the Democratic nomination, and his path to accomplishing this might be as simple as repeating a Super Tuesday outcome under a more favorable set of states, without the burden of early votes cast before he emerged as the top rival to Mr. Sanders.

Mr. Sanders now needs around 57 percent of the remaining delegates to claim a majority. To pull it off, he would need to post decisive victories in states he would have almost certainly lost if they had voted on Super Tuesday. He would probably need the race to fundamentally change in the coming weeks, as it has before.

Comment

• hey i wanted to apologize for being out of control the last few days. it's helped me realize to stop drinking. i haven't drank the last 2 days which is a first in a year. and say thanks for having the privilege to post here. have a lot to do, organizing my stuff, get a job, take my cat to the vet. stop drinking has (had) to be number one first. substance abuse, alcohol, drugs, i think that's the number one problem a lot of times.

i am not really sure of what to make of Warren sort of calling out Sanders supporters for being mean on her way out. not to stir the pot or anything but, i can think of a lot of bad reasons for her going there. there's always some bad apples that spoil things but why blame everyone. i could really go off on the many reasons it was a poor decision to do it. but i would have to be REALLY drunk to sit down and play that game. and i can't drink anymore.

Comment

• Based on DMT's post from last night this would probably be a collosal failure. But I don't know what other hope Bernie has at this point

George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                              hey i wanted to apologize for being out of control the last few days. it's helped me realize to stop drinking. i haven't drank the last 2 days which is a first in a year. and say thanks for having the privilege to post here. have a lot to do, organizing my stuff, get a job, take my cat to the vet. stop drinking has (had) to be number one first. substance abuse, alcohol, drugs, i think that's the number one problem a lot of times.

i am not really sure of what to make of Warren sort of calling out Sanders supporters for being mean on her way out. not to stir the pot or anything but, i can think of a lot of bad reasons for her going there. there's always some bad apples that spoil things but why blame everyone. i could really go off on the many reasons it was a poor decision to do it. but i would have to be REALLY drunk to sit down and play that game. and i can't drink anymore.
                              Take care of yourself and your cat. Stay healthy !
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                                Based on DMT's post from last night this would probably be a collosal failure. But I don't know what other hope Bernie has at this point

https://theweek.com/articles/899977/...iller-instinct
                                He has no options at this point only the hope that Biden blows himself up. 538 had a great article today on just how stark his chances are.

Comment

Working...
                                X