Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    I do not know that. I think/hope Biden can beat him. But then again, I thought Sanders could win the nomination, despite the odds. So I don't know much, it seems.
    You still shouldn't buy into the media narrative that the race is over. Lots of variables left to play out, lots of delegates left to be won.
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
      You still shouldn't buy into the media narrative that the race is over. Lots of variables left to play out, lots of delegates left to be won.
      Yeah, but absolute best case, it is a close count and it goes to the convention, where it seems pretty clear Sanders will lose on supers. Sanders needed to get to the magic number or close to it to overcome party bias against him. Can that still happen? That is not what the talking heads are saying.

Comment

Yeah, but absolute best case, it is a close count and it goes to the convention, where it seems pretty clear Sanders will lose on supers. Sanders needed to get to the magic number or close to it to overcome party bias against him. Can that still happen? That is not what the talking heads are saying.
        Once the race narrows to Bernie vs Biden directly, and Biden has a slim delegate lead, there's a not impossible chance of Biden completely embarrassing himself, as he's done in 3/4 of the debates.

Apparently in a victory speech tonight he mixed up his wife and his sister. This after yesterday mixing up Chris Matthew's and Chuck Todd, after introducing Jamie Harrison as the next President, after saying he was running for Senate, after the other Biden, after the clip I posted where he flubs "we hold these truths to be self evident... all men and women created by the--- go, you know, the thing."

This is all within the last 3 days. Once Biden is fully under the microscope, he will implode. It's a question of when the media turns the focus to Biden and how he performs. Meaning it isn't guaranteed he wins, given how uninspired early state voters were until SC.
        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• IDK man, all the evidence you provide of how often he flubs and has flubbed in recent weeks just makes me believe none of it matters to move voters who don't go out like you do to find these things, and it isn't in their face on the daily. Remember that lady in Iowa who was shocked and appalled that Mayor Pete was gay? That is your typical voter. My confidence is low that all of a sudden, voters will get more informed on an issue that it seems even here, among a score or more of very smart people who actually are informed on this issue, only you and I seem to think is an issue.

Comment

Once the race narrows to Bernie vs Biden directly, and Biden has a slim delegate lead, there's a not impossible chance of Biden completely embarrassing himself, as he's done in 3/4 of the debates.

Apparently in a victory speech tonight he mixed up his wife and his sister. This after yesterday mixing up Chris Matthew's and Chuck Todd, after introducing Jamie Harrison as the next President, after saying he was running for Senate, after the other Biden, after the clip I posted where he flubs "we hold these truths to be self evident... all men and women created by the--- go, you know, the thing."

This is all within the last 3 days. Once Biden is fully under the microscope, he will implode. It's a question of when the media turns the focus to Biden and how he performs. Meaning it isn't guaranteed he wins, given how uninspired early state voters were until SC.
            He's definitely showing signs of decline, but the "mixing up" his wife and sister wasn't really that big a deal.

They had switched sides, and he didn't look. Then he looked and saw that his wife was on the other side of him, and kind of laughed it off.

That is not to say that he doesn't look like he's losing it a bit, because he does to me. I just don't think that's the example of mental decline to hang your hat on.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
              He's definitely showing signs of decline, but the "mixing up" his wife and sister wasn't really that big a deal.

They had switched sides, and he didn't look. Then he looked and saw that his wife was on the other side of him, and kind of laughed it off.

That is not to say that he doesn't look like he's losing it a bit, because he does to me. I just don't think that's the example of mental decline to hang your hat on.
              Many of his examples of Biden's "mental decline" are not worth discussing, which is why everyone outside the Bernie bubble don't give a shit.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I am basically following Dave Wasserman from Cook Political and he knows the delegate math better than me and with Bernie losing MN and Mass and possibly dropping below 15% in AL this really could be over. Bloomberg will get out and probably Warren so they sort of offset if people actually move ideologically so the ability for Sanders to close the delegate gap is going to be a lot like 16. He needs to win TX and with what looks outstanding I'd say he is a slight underdog and he really needs that early vote in CA to carry him to some big ass number. If he loses TX and doesn't make major gains in CA the numbers don't really work.

While I thought Biden might be dead early, the fact is IA and NH were bad states for him, so why we were surprised he did badly I don't know but I was even a part of that. I don't think this is a media narrative that Sanders could be mathematically almost locked out after tonight it is just math.

Comment

• Sorry, Sour Masher, I know my primary role here is to point out the connection between Ted Cruz and OneJ. So, I ask everyone this: Has anyone actually seen Senator Cruz and OneJ in the same room? Think about it!

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                    Many of his examples of Biden's "mental decline" are not worth discussing, which is why everyone outside the Bernie bubble don't give a shit.
                    Instead of making a broad bullshit statement, address the other examples! They're right there!

You're so full of shit.

Comment

I'm not mad at the establishment doing what we all knew they would always do. I am disappointed in the voters who had many choices and ended up going with old reliable that I fear isn't all that reliable anymore, and even if he were, doesn't have an agenda that is going to move the needle in a meaningful way on issues of health care and the environment like I had hoped.

Disappointing, but again, that is the on the voters. The DNC and the centrist powers in the party did what was perfectly reasonable for them to do in this situation. Their support and influence did not make this outcome inevitable, though.
                      I'm not mad at anyone in power using their money and influence. I love the Koch Brothers. I love fox news. I love wall street and their lobbyists. Health insurance.companies are the best. I just hate those stupod voters
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                        I am basically following Dave Wasserman from Cook Political and he knows the delegate math better than me and with Bernie losing MN and Mass and possibly dropping below 15% in AL this really could be over. Bloomberg will get out and probably Warren so they sort of offset if people actually move ideologically so the ability for Sanders to close the delegate gap is going to be a lot like 16. He needs to win TX and with what looks outstanding I'd say he is a slight underdog and he really needs that early vote in CA to carry him to some big ass number. If he loses TX and doesn't make major gains in CA the numbers don't really work.

While I thought Biden might be dead early, the fact is IA and NH were bad states for him, so why we were surprised he did badly I don't know but I was even a part of that. I don't think this is a media narrative that Sanders could be mathematically almost locked out after tonight it is just math.
                        Possible, but still many factors to play out.

Comment

Sorry, Sour Masher, I know my primary role here is to point out the connection between Ted Cruz and OneJ. So, I ask everyone this: Has anyone actually seen Senator Cruz and OneJ in the same room? Think about it!
                          Haha, yes, go back to the pigeon hole I placed you in for my amusement! It pleases me . You know, I think many of us post too much in the political threads and not enough elsewhere. I'm gonna try to poke around more threads more often. You guys are funny and smart and know lots of cool songs I should listen to.

Comment

Thanks for pointing this out. I hadn't seen it, just heard it described. The other pieces I've seen myself.

Comment

Haha, yes, go back to the pigeon hole I placed you in for my amusement! It pleases me . You know, I think many of us post too much in the political threads and not enough elsewhere. I'm gonna try to poke around more threads more often. You guys are funny and smart and know lots of cool songs I should listen to.
                              I largely use the internet to heckle people. But mostly in a good-natured way. Unless I see on their Facebook profile that I could totally beat them up. Like Steve. I can heckle him till the cows come home and there ain't nothing he gonna do about it from Oklahoma.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                                I'm not mad at anyone in power using their money and influence. I love the Koch Brothers. I love fox news. I love wall street and their lobbyists. Health insurance.companies are the best. I just hate those stupod voters
                                Well, it came down to them, so, yeah, we disagree on this. I knew how the power players would act. So it was on the voters to decide something different for the country. Voters on the right did that with Trump, much to my dismay. You don't think the right tried to stack the deck against Trump? I thought Bernie could beat the house odds too, but he didn't. Maybe it is because he didn't have Trump's celebrity/reality show appeal. Maybe, just maybe, voters on the whole deserve some blame to support Trump and not Bernie in enough numbers. We live in a time when most have access to lots of information to be able to make an informed decision. I think that makes voters more blame worthy in being blindly led by power brokers than in decades past.

Comment

Working...
                                X