Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
    It's hilarious how polls consistently show both Biden and Sanders beating Trump, yet zealots on both sides continue to claim without any evidence other than their own biases that their guy will trounce Trump but the other guy has no chance. It's seriously fucking hilarious...in a pathetic wtf kind of way.
    yes, I don't think the polls show much of a difference.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
      i would prefer if DMT said "why do you think that?" rather than "yet zealots on both sides continue to claim without any evidence". But taking god mode as your default is fun. In every debate, mayor pete pointed out that every freshman dem in house, all 62 i believe, are in opposition of sanders plan to completely do away with the health insurance plans of everyone in lieu of medfor all. sanders did not hit back on that, if so, i cannot even see sanders passing thru the house dem majority, never mind the rep senate.

again, either candidate would be huge upgrade over the fascist trump. i feel like i must constantly say that as someone with short attention span will insist there are zealots who cant see past their own candidate.
      When you talk about Bernie gettimg beat 49 to 1 you dont seem to be making an honest and reasonable assessment
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• I mean I just pointed out Chris Mathews put that 49 to 1 out. I have consistently said either dem candidate should win, though biden would have easier time of not just winning but getting positions passed. the best candidates are gone, both klobucher and pete, as well as harris and booker, heck, bennett, beto, and bullock would have been better. but this is what we have. 3 70something white men (i cant see warren as viable) vs trump, another 70something rich white man who demonstrates more mental decline than any of them.

Comment

I mean I just pointed out Chris Mathews put that 49 to 1 out. I have consistently said either dem candidate should win, though biden would have easier time of not just winning but getting positions passed. the best candidates are gone, both klobucher and pete, as well as harris and booker, heck, bennett, beto, and bullock would have been better. but this is what we have. 3 70something white men (i cant see warren as viable) vs trump, another 70something rich white man who demonstrates more mental decline than any of them.
          " i have seen some, such as the recently departed chris mathews speculate bernie would lose 49 states to 1 vs trump while biden would trounce."

You promoted a ridiculous idea. Just own up to that
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• feral, i am at a loss as to how your thought process is working here? i did not come up with chris mathews quote, i dont believe it, and i can point out my posting history where i have supported both biden and sanders, both candidates, so you want me to admit what? i can do some sort of penance for a sin you feel i committed i guess? how about i donate $5 for save the whales? do you feel hurt somehow? i own that chris mathews said it. how about you own you took god mode stance of saying "yet zealots on both sides continue to claim without any evidence" rather than asking why do you feel that way, you know, the post right before i showed some evidence of freshmen house dems in unison being against the sanders med4all?

Comment

feral, i am at a loss as to how your thought process is working here? i did not come up with chris mathews quote, i dont believe it, and i can point out my posting history where i have supported both biden and sanders, both candidates, so you want me to admit what? i can do some sort of penance for a sin you feel i committed i guess? how about i donate $5 for save the whales? do you feel hurt somehow? i own that chris mathews said it. how about you own you took god mode stance of saying "yet zealots on both sides continue to claim without any evidence" rather than asking why do you feel that way, you know, the post right before i showed some evidence of freshmen house dems in unison being against the sanders med4all?
              It is really simple....if you dont believe Chris Mathews point, why did you bring it into the coversatuon ?

Dont make it into some mystery where i am playimg God or want you to do penance. Just answer the question
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                It is really simple....if you dont believe Chris Mathews point, why did you bring it into the coversatuon ?

Dont make it into some mystery where i am playimg God or want you to do penance. Just answer the question
                I mean when you post something in support of your argument people are likely to think u believe it is credible
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• feral, i guess it is not so easy for me to answer as you need for you to be satisfied. i post as clear as i know how. i think it is obvious i pointed out the chris mathews quote to demonstrate at least some msm strongly prefer biden as it is felt sanders has less of a shot. i assume you are not happy with what are clear points of view to me but which you are seeing as completely different than what i am saying. if it helps, you can pm me what you need to hear word for word and i can post that. in any case, on a scale of 1 to 10 of how ridiculous this back and forth is and how without value for anyone reading this, i would think this broke the scale.

your "Dont make it into some mystery where i am playimg God or want you to do penance." shows me we are on completely different communication wave lengths because what i said was not filler it was honest engagement but you brushed it aside. and that is ok, we are wired so different that any minute level of communication is taken in different than intended.

Comment

feral, i guess it is not so easy for me to answer as you need for you to be satisfied. i post as clear as i know how. i think it is obvious i pointed out the chris mathews quote to demonstrate at least some msm strongly prefer biden as it is felt sanders has less of a shot. i assume you are not happy with what are clear points of view to me but which you are seeing as completely different than what i am saying. if it helps, you can pm me what you need to hear word for word and i can post that. in any case, on a scale of 1 to 10 of how ridiculous this back and forth is and how without value for anyone reading this, i would think this broke the scale.

your "Dont make it into some mystery where i am playimg God or want you to do penance." shows me we are on completely different communication wave lengths because what i said was not filler it was honest engagement but you brushed it aside. and that is ok, we are wired so different that any minute level of communication is taken in different than intended.
                    Ok....
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• I think that for better or worse the 2020 General Election will still be first and foremost a referendum on Donald J. Trump, which means that I think that the difference between Biden v. Trump and Sanders v. Trump will ultimately be less than most assume given the perceived gulf in ideology between the two leading Democratic candidates.

It is absolutely a referendum on Donald J. Trump for me, and I would support a wet turnip over Trump in the General Election, with a level of fervor and enthusiasm for wet turnip that the world has never seen.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                        I think that for better or worse the 2020 General Election will still be first and foremost a referendum on Donald J. Trump, which means that I think that the difference between Biden v. Trump and Sanders v. Trump will ultimately be less than most assume given the perceived gulf in ideology between the two leading Democratic candidates.

It is absolutely a referendum on Donald J. Trump for me, and I would support a wet turnip over Trump in the General Election, with a level of fervor and enthusiasm for wet turnip that the world has never seen.
                        Exactly, and tens of millions of others are right there with you.
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                          Exactly, and tens of millions of others are right there with you.
                          I.will be there with you. I sure hope younguys are right.

Comment

• My fear is the "for better or worse" portion. I don't have a high level of confidence in the general voter. I'm not at all confident that the same electorate that put Trump in office will take him out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                              My fear is the "for better or worse" portion. I don't have a high level of confidence in the general voter. I'm not at all confident that the same electorate that put Trump in office will take him out.
                              Well what if the dems put up a very similar candidate as last time ? Dont u think everyone learned their lesson?

Ha ha
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                                My fear is the "for better or worse" portion. I don't have a high level of confidence in the general voter. I'm not at all confident that the same electorate that put Trump in office will take him out.
                                Me either, but either way I don't think Biden or Sanders has any clear advantage, because I still think this is about whether Donald Trump's supporters will turn out to win him those swing states again. Biden gets some voters Sanders wouldn't get and vice-versa, but ultimately I think the contest will come down to keep Trump or dump Trump.

Comment

Working...
                                X