Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
    I assume/hope that if "your candidate" loses and he/she tells you to get out there and vote for the winning democrat - that you would do that and hopefully the rest of the "your candidate" campaigners working with you would do it also.
    I've made my intentions very clear. If Bernie is the man or if he asks me to vote for the nominee, I will
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
      I've made my intentions very clear. If Bernie is the man or if he asks me to vote for the nominee, I will
      You realize you sound like a cult member?
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

my frustration is that last time many Sanders supporters did not listen to his suggestion

https://www.cnn.com/2016/07/11/polit...ers/index.html

Comment

Why are y'all attacking this? I am confident that Bernie Sanders will win the nominator OR encourage his supporters to vote for the Democratic nominee against Trump. We accuse Sanders supporters of attacking supporters of other candidates rather than respecting differences of opinions within the primary and building bridges for consolidation behind the eventual nominee, but now I seem to be seeing supporters of other candidates doing much the same to Sanders' supporters. I have no problem with Sanders supporters forwarding every argument on their candidate's behalf up until we have a nominee.

Comment

• Klobuchar drops out of the race and endorses Joe Biden for president

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              Klobuchar drops out of the race and endorses Joe Biden for president
              It will be very interesting to see what, if any, impact her endorsement has on tomorrow's result in Minnesota, where the last poll had Biden well below the viability threshold. (Klobuchar 29, Sanders 23, Warren 11, Biden 8, Bloomberg 3, Buttigieg 3, Gabbard 1)

One would think that Klobuchar's departure most likely gives Sanders yet another Super Tuesday win.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                You realize you sound like a cult member?
                So we're devolving into this? Take care.
                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                  Why are y'all attacking this? I am confident that Bernie Sanders will win the nominator OR encourage his supporters to vote for the Democratic nominee against Trump. We accuse Sanders supporters of attacking supporters of other candidates rather than respecting differences of opinions within the primary and building bridges for consolidation behind the eventual nominee, but now I seem to be seeing supporters of other candidates doing much the same to Sanders' supporters. I have no problem with Sanders supporters forwarding every argument on their candidate's behalf up until we have a nominee.
                  I don't believe I've been attacking, I've been defending my position and pointing out bias and slights when they happen.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• It's odd that over the past week, I've talked with many. many Trump supporters when out canvasing. Why is it they, to an extent, seem more reasonable than some of the Non Sanders Democrats I'm running across?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I don't believe I've been attacking, I've been defending my position and pointing out bias and slights when they happen.
                      I believe B-Fly was saying to everyone else not to attack your post. he was defending you!

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                        It will be very interesting to see what, if any, impact her endorsement has on tomorrow's result in Minnesota, where the last poll had Biden well below the viability threshold. (Klobuchar 29, Sanders 23, Warren 11, Biden 8, Bloomberg 3, Buttigieg 3, Gabbard 1)

One would think that Klobuchar's departure most likely gives Sanders yet another Super Tuesday win.
                        If the overwhelming percentage of her supporters take her cue and vote Biden, he could win MN.
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Comment

It's odd that over the past week, I've talked with many. many Trump supporters when out canvasing. Why is it they, to an extent, seem more reasonable than some of the Non Sanders Democrats I'm running across?
                          yes - that does sound odd

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                            I believe B-Fly was saying to everyone else not to attack your post. he was defending you!
                            I'm surrounded and I have a cough.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                              Yet as far as I can tell, GITH is the only person on this board who has threatened to abstain if his demands aren't met. Everyone else has agreed to consolidate behind the eventual nominee no matter who it is or how they got there.
                              - Terence McKenna

Comment

It's odd that over the past week, I've talked with many. many Trump supporters when out canvasing. Why is it they, to an extent, seem more reasonable than some of the Non Sanders Democrats I'm running across?
                                Going by polling in 2016, I'd suspect it is because many of them are good at smiling and being polite and even saying they don't like Trump, before closing the door, calling you a commie, and pulling the lever for their man. But I realize I'm often cynical when it comes to Trump and his supporters.

Comment

Working...
                                X