Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post

It's so fucked that all of these candidates are literally trying to stop Bernie from hitting 50%, that's the only play... these fucking scumbags want a contested convention... even though that helps Trump. They would rather 4 more years of Trump than unifying behind Bernie. Terrifying.

I’m trying to understand what you are saying here: Buttigieg is a ‘scumbag’ because he has decided to end his hopeless campaign because doing so hurts Bernie? Maybe I’m missing something but it’s hard to blast a guy for not wanting to jet around the country to garner 7% of the vote.

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
      I think after Tuesday she will be checking out of the game.
      That's not the impression I get, but if she does really poorly it might happen

Elizabeth Warren is settling in for a long primary and, after a strong month of fundraising, is prepared to take the campaign all the way to the Democratic convention this summer.
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      ---------------------------------------------
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
        I’m trying to understand what you are saying here: Buttigieg is a ‘scumbag’ because he has decided to end his hopeless campaign because doing so hurts Bernie? Maybe I’m missing something but it’s hard to blast a guy for not wanting to jet around the country to garner 7% of the vote.
        Apologies for length.

Buttigieg is a scumbag for many reasons. His political calculation to get out now is fine by me. When it's clear you cannot become nominee, you should drop out. So even though it clearly hurts Sanders, when looked at in totality, I applaud the decision.

Warren and Klobuchar, though? They've bombed throughout the primary, polling shows Klobuchar winning Minnesota, Warren tied in MA, Warren getting delegates in CA and CO, but she has no shot at a plurality of votes. Her base is too narrow, as I've been saying for months. Joe Scarborough said both Warren and Klobuchar should get out. I agree. They're only in it to attempt to deny Bernie hitting 50% in delegates before the convention at all costs. Funny that Warren is smearing and fighting Bernie so hard when claiming to agree with his platform... what a lying shitbag. Her supporters here got duped.

On the other hand, I think Bloomberg has also shown he has no viability either, the least liked in the entire field, least dissimilar to Trump. Yet he plans to siphon as many votes as possible to deny Bernie hitting 50%. Even though his departure could theoretically help Biden, I'd support that too. I've said from the start, his involvement at any level is a disaster.

Do you guys believe Warren claiming "Bernie fought to have superdelegates included in the process"? Its 100% bullshit smear, now being spread by all of the media. Bernie's members of the unity commission ALL sought to eliminate superdelegates from voting entirely. Including them on the 2nd ballot was Bernie's representatives compromise, they never fought for superdelegates to be included. Also, when asked if he thought superdelegates should overrule the voters to support him, he clarified that he simply wanted superdelegates to wait to see how the voters of their state vote, and THEN decide to support the candidate the voters chose. Many states Bernie won had superdelegates support HRC, and Bernie fought for the rightful vote winner to be the nominee. Don't buy the bullshit from Warren, Biden and the media. Some HRC unity commission appointees ALSO voted to get rid of superdelegates entirely, that's how toxic they are to the process...

Now 84 of 93 superdelegates interviewed said they would unite behind an alternative to deny Sanders the nomination if he goes to the convention with less than 50% on the first ballot. One of them literally said "people think that voters determine the nominee of the party, but that's not really how it works." This should concern everyone.

I'm partly freaking out because they're screwing my guy... but I'm also freaked out that they're so openly attempting to override the will of the people. This would so obviously lose to Trump... can you imagine the debates? "Sleepy Joe Biden, got half the votes of Bernie Sanders, and they rigged the election against him. They only cheat, folks. Where's Hunter Biden these days? Cheating his way into millions on his father's name? The whole Biden family is corrupt." If you fear Trump, it's clear now that Bernie is the only shot. The more prolonged the smear campaign against him ends up being... actually, maybe a prolonged smear campaign from the entire establishment would help him in a general (like it did Trump), so long as the media didn't tank him, as they've done with their 65+ audience to this point.... lots of variables in play.
        Last edited by Teenwolf; 03-01-2020, 09:08 PM.
        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
          That's not the impression I get, but if she does really poorly it might happen

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/01/polit...lan/index.html
          If Bernie beats her in her home state, that would be the only way she leaves early. Even then it wouldn't be certain... she knows she holds the biggest proportion of 2nd choice Bernie voters... so if she holds on all the way to the convention, even if she only collects 300 delegates, as long as she hurts Bernie, she'll get the cabinet spot she wants for whoever else... it's so pathetic. What a power hungry anti democratic POS. Morally bankrupt.
          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Biden currently has more total votes than Sanders.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• If Sanders wants the nomination, he needs to convince Warren to drop out and back him. If he can't do that, then it's a failure on his part considering how closely they're aligned from a policy standpoint.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Love that TW understands the thinking of all Americans better than all of us Americans.
                - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                  Biden currently has more total votes than Sanders.
                  Hillary still has more votes than Trump
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Biden currently has more total votes than Sanders.
                    Did you catch the article about Biden's total lack of campaign infrastructure in Super Tuesday states? Biden has 1 field office in California, to Sanders' and Warren's 20+ offices apiece. He hasn't invested anything in advertising, because he hasn't raised enough money because he's looked ancient, every single day. He's not viable because he's showing clear rapid mental decline, but the media covers for him.

Today Joe Biden introduced Jamie Harrison as "the next President of the United Sta..." then tried to quickly toss in "Senate!", but the crowd roared over him. This isn't feasible.

Comment

If Sanders wants the nomination, he needs to convince Warren to drop out and back him. If he can't do that, then it's a failure on his part considering how closely they're aligned from a policy standpoint.
                      Horseshit.

Sanders NEEDS to do nothing but be the man he says he is and has been for decades, promote the platform he's believed in for decades. All this--you need to bow to the rest of the party and we'll anoint you is Crap.

Why aren't you saying--Sanders is winning, Warren NEEDS to throw her support behind Bernie as they're so close in alignment?

JFC
                      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                        Horseshit.

Sanders NEEDS to do nothing but be the man he says he is and has been for decades, promote the platform he's believed in for decades. All this--you need to bow to the rest of the party and we'll anoint you is Crap.

Why aren't you saying--Sanders is winning, Warren NEEDS to throw her support behind Bernie as they're so close in alignment?

JFC
                        Because what is glaringly obvious to everyone who is not deluded and narcissistic is that politics is literally about compromise. Laughable that you refer to anointing when you and so many of your comrades anointed Sanders before this process even began.
                        - Terence McKenna

Comment

If Sanders wants the nomination, he needs to convince Warren to drop out and back him. If he can't do that, then it's a failure on his part considering how closely they're aligned from a policy standpoint.
                          Rigggggght..... Warren created the personality conflict bullshit, and it backfired. That's why shes not viable anymore to win. Warren played herself. Tried to sneak up on Bernie to knife him in the back, fell on her own knife. Current status: bleeding out.

That's why she broke yet another campaign pledge to not accept super PAC funding. It's still up on her website despite taking over $9 mil in super Tuesday ads... can you spell hypocrite?

If you're trying to make the argument that Warren has more integrity than Bernie, well, that's fucking ridiculous. Show me one attempt Bernie has made to smear an opponent. Show me one major policy pledge he broke.

Comment

Because what is glaringly obvious to everyone who is not deluded and narcissistic is that politics is literally about compromise. Laughable that you refer to anointing when you and so many of your comrades anointed Sanders before this process even began.
                            Cool, I keep being deluded and watching people like yourself wring their hands when shit doesn't turn out for them the way they thought it would after they compromised.

Edit: What's laughable is the fact you have to resort to name calling and no one anointed Sanders anything--he's earned every bit of praise he gets, just like your hero earned every bit of scorn she got.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                              Cool, I keep being deluded and watching people like yourself wring their hands when shit doesn't turn out for them the way they thought it would after they compromised.

Edit: What's laughable is the fact you have to resort to name calling and no one anointed Sanders anything--he's earned every bit of praise he gets, just like your hero earned every bit of scorn she got.
                              And people like yourself act like Trump really isn't that bad because the system needed a good shake up.
                              - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                                Rigggggght..... Warren created the personality conflict bullshit, and it backfired. That's why shes not viable anymore to win. Warren played herself. Tried to sneak up on Bernie to knife him in the back, fell on her own knife. Current status: bleeding out.

That's why she broke yet another campaign pledge to not accept super PAC funding. It's still up on her website despite taking over $9 mil in super Tuesday ads... can you spell hypocrite?

If you're trying to make the argument that Warren has more integrity than Bernie, well, that's fucking ridiculous. Show me one attempt Bernie has made to smear an opponent. Show me one major policy pledge he broke.
                                I've never questioned Sanders' integrity, and the fact that you keep trying to pretend that I have is revealing. I'd remind you again that in 2016, I volunteered, donated, and voted for Sanders if I thought it would make any sort of dent in your shield of self righteousness, but we both know better.
                                - Terence McKenna

Comment

Working...
                                X