No announcement yet.

Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know your main concern is the midwest, but that's not an issue for Sanders. His main strength is through all the critical states HRC lost, largely because of his anti-NAFTA stance. Nate Silver posted an article in 2016 about it which I can never find... but it was all about Sanders secret weapon being the midwest. I wish I had more details for you, but I'm basing my optimism on those factors.

I wanted to talk about coronavirus impact on the race. I read an article on a hardcore right wing site about how coronavirus will tank the economy for 1 year, and Bernie Sanders will be President to get credit for the recovery. It mostly focuses on the stock market. Fun read.

My friend had a similar take that I think makes a ton of sense: "i think with the economy in freefall and trump ignoring coronavirus (and treatment costing $3000) bernie has an insane opportunity, since his platform would solve both issues. Even if its not an issue by the time he's sworn in, all he needs to do is stress that he's the only person offering free medical treatment and prevention."

The $3K test for the virus shows what a huge and unethical disaster the healthcare for profit model is. Massive opportunity for Bernie to get M4A done, if it turns into a real health crisis.

The Dow Will Recover, But Not Before Trump Loses To Bernie Sanders
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• This video goes into details about both coronavirus impact, and talks about Bernie's strength in Michigan, just posted.

Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
        I know your main concern is the midwest, but that's not an issue for Sanders. His main strength is through all the critical states HRC lost, largely because of his anti-NAFTA stance. Nate Silver posted an article in 2016 about it which I can never find... but it was all about Sanders secret weapon being the midwest. I wish I had more details for you, but I'm basing my optimism on those factors.

I wanted to talk about coronavirus impact on the race. I read an article on a hardcore right wing site about how coronavirus will tank the economy for 1 year, and Bernie Sanders will be President to get credit for the recovery. It mostly focuses on the stock market. Fun read.

My friend had a similar take that I think makes a ton of sense: "i think with the economy in freefall and trump ignoring coronavirus (and treatment costing $3000) bernie has an insane opportunity, since his platform would solve both issues. Even if its not an issue by the time he's sworn in, all he needs to do is stress that he's the only person offering free medical treatment and prevention."

The $3K test for the virus shows what a huge and unethical disaster the healthcare for profit model is. Massive opportunity for Bernie to get M4A done, if it turns into a real health crisis.

The Dow Will Recover, But Not Before Trump Loses To Bernie Sanders
        Besides the economic impact and medical bills bringing health care to the forefront, I'm wondering if rallies for candidates are going to be cancelled soon, and for how long that might last. It would be great if warm weather helps to slow the spread, but I think that is still in question
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Mayor Pete dropping out of the race

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            Mayor Pete dropping out of the race
            Wooohoo
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              Mayor Pete dropping out of the race
              Not good for Bernie.

The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                I can't wait for TW to explain why you're wrong.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Warren's threatening a contested convention.
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Surprising, since he had a lot of young supporters, and Bernie does the best with young voters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                      Surprising, since he had a lot of young supporters, and Bernie does the best with young voters.
                      not sure Pete did well with young voters. The bigger problem is this could make candidates viable in a number of states where they were polling 13 or 14 percent but this could get them over the top
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

not sure Pete did well with young voters. The bigger problem is this could make candidates viable in a number of states where they were polling 13 or 14 percent but this could get them over the top
                        for instance in Ca, Biden/Warren/Bloomberg were at 15/14/13. Pete had like 10%. Bernie could go from winning all or most of the delegates to less than half.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                          Warren's threatening a contested convention.
                          I think after Tuesday she will be checking out of the game.

Comment

I agree, very troublesome for Bernie. I came here to make this exact argument.

It's so fucked that all of these candidates are literally trying to stop Bernie from hitting 50%, that's the only play... these fucking scumbags want a contested convention... even though that helps Trump. They would rather 4 more years of Trump than unifying behind Bernie. Terrifying.

Warren is entirely running to stop Bernie, despite claiming to share his platform... shows you how much she cares about power vs principles.

Comment

• Biden/Warren unity ticket is the only play these shitheads have left. Warren would be willing to be VP to deny Sanders the White House while abandoning every one of her policies for Biden.

Does rigging an election count as "big structural change"?

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                                I can't wait for TW to explain why you're wrong.
                                I can't wait for you to post something of substance. I won't hold my breath.

Comment

Working...
                                X