Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    Absolutely. It also points to the criticality of dems trying to bring more young voters to the polls or writing them off and counting on older Biden voters to carry the day. Also worth noting, the poll likely dem voters. So the appeal to moderates/independents needs to be factored in
    Lately David Sirota has been hammering on Biden's social security record which they must view as the best oppurtunity to turn older biden likely voters
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Lately David Sirota has been hammering on Biden's social security record which they must view as the best oppurtunity to turn older biden likely voters
      I have noticed ads about that, and even MSM coverage of it. It really is damning to see him say he would put cutting SS on the table. I think it is effective to show that to older voters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        I have noticed ads about that, and even MSM coverage of it. It really is damning to see him say he would put cutting SS on the table. I think it is effective to show that to older voters.
        If he were smart and less vain he would propose a ss expansion. Bernie would not have an answer to that
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• He should just mimic bernies position on nearly everything i think. Wont hurt him with his base and he can claim he is better at implementing it
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Although after iowa everything could change i suppose
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• I've heard the Sanders' campaign talking about collecting at least as many votes in Iowa as they did in 2016, 85K. The record turnout is 236K, and estimates say it could come close to 300K this year. Even in a highest turnout scenario, that would leave Sanders with a minimum 28% of the vote or so.

I'm trying not to be overconfident. The big Iowa poll release tomorrow will be very interesting to set the expectation. I actually hope it shows Sanders with a very small lead, so as to keep his young voters dedicated to caucusing, not staying home playing xbox thinking it's in the bag.
              Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

He should just mimic bernies position on nearly everything i think. Wont hurt him with his base and he can claim he is better at implementing it
                I suppose it says a quite a bit about my opinion of joe biden that i am suggesting this
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                  Bernie has had awesome ads in the last few days. This is one I've wanted to see for months now, as it was done independently quite successfully.

Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• This one is brilliant because it looks like its attacking Trump on Social Security, but actually contrasts well with the recent discussions on Biden's entitlement cutting record. Also does a much better job making Sanders look formidable against Trump than similar ads do for Biden.

He only needs to swing a few percent of the 65+ crowd to win.

Comment

• It looks like Rogan was pretty hurt by the attacks on him being trans-phobic. I thought his talking about it was sincere and highlighting the specific context many left out--that he was talking about a recently transitioned from man who was smashing in women's faces in fights while not telling anyone he transitioned--was a pretty good explanation of things. In all, it seems to have been a net positive for Sanders, although it was a surprise to hear that his people did not give Rogan any kind of heads up this was coming. They used him and he got serious crap for it as collateral damage from those trying to take down Bernie; it would have been nice of them to give him a heads up.

Comment

• Change for the upcoming Nevada debate. Good news for Bloomberg.
                        Allies of Sen. Bernie Sanders railed against a Democratic National Committee rules change that was announced on Friday and framed it as an attempt to boost billionaire presidential candidate Michael Bloomberg. 

Comment

• The DNC is also considering allowing super delegates to be able to vote first ballot at the convention.

If they keep up this obvious anti Bernie bullshit, it's going to cost them another election.
                          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                            The DNC is also considering allowing super delegates to be able to vote first ballot at the convention.

If they keep up this obvious anti Bernie bullshit, it's going to cost them another election.
                            From the politico article I read, it doesn't sounds like there's any chance of it happening. This sounds like Putin's handiwork.
                            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                              From the politico article I read, it doesn't sounds like there's any chance of it happening. This sounds like Putin's handiwork.
                              I agree, it was floated as a trial balloon, but the article said it was only a half dozen DNC members. Tom Perez is at least so far emphatically denying the rule change.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                                I find the Putin stuff pretty amusing. If Hilary were running this time and Bernie was shitting on her like she is currently doing to him there would be no end to the "Bernie is a Russian asset" BS. He's sowing discord to help Trump ! Putin must have kompromat ! He's always been a communist ! MSNBC would have nothing else to talk about. Fortunately for all of us that isn't the case.
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X