Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
    The Bloomberg-funded attack ads on Trump and investments in voter registration will certainly help the Democrats as a whole. Still withholding judgment on his broader late-breaking campaign. As I've noted, I think he brings a lot of strengths to the table as a candidate, well beyond just his bankroll, but some material weaknesses too.
    Stop....

and Frisk
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      Stop....

and Frisk
      Perfection.
      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Ha, there was only one person there ! The mysterious photographer.
        Has anyone seen Mandy lately?
        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Good luck to him !

Governor @DevalPatrick was supposed to have an event at Morehouse College tonight. An organizer with the college who planned the event told CNN that Patrick cancelled the event when he arrived and learned that he would not have an audience. (Note, two people came, not pictured)
          I don't blame him, but this reminds me of a story my 8th grade history teacher told me. He was a city commisoner as well as a teacher, a Republican not afraid to tell students why being a Republican was smart. Anywho, he once told us how he met Kennedy when he was a teenager in high school and Kennedy was running for president. He said he and just a couple of friends went to see him at an planned speech at an outdoor venue, but it was raining hard and they were the only ones who came out to the event when Kennedy's car pulled up. They figured he would have the driver just drive off, but instead he got out and shook each of their hands and thanked them for coming out to see him. He said Kennedy made each of them feel special and engaged each of them before leaving. None of them were old enough to vote yet. Despite his political affiliations, he forever respected Kennedy, and spoke of him with admiration.

I guess Deval Patrick is no JFK. That pair won't have that story to cherish for life, passing it down to others who will remember it forever. Then again, even if he did stop to talk to them, they still probably wouldn't have told that story the rest of their lives....unless Feral Slasher drops out of the 2020 race, giving him a shot of winning.
          Last edited by Sour Masher; 11-22-2019, 06:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
            I don't blame him, but this reminds me of a story my 8th grade history teacher told me. He was a city commisoner as well as a teacher, a Republican not afraid to tell students why being a Republican was smart. Anywho, he once told us how he met Kennedy when he was a teenager in high school and Kennedy was running for president. He said he and just a couple of friends went to see him at an planned speech at an outdoor venue, but it was raining hard and they were the only ones who came out to the event when Kennedy's car pulled up. They figured he would have the driver just drive off, but instead he got out and shook each of their hands and thanked them for coming out to see him. He said Kennedy made each of them feel special and engaged each of them before leaving. None of them were old enough to vote yet. Despite his political affiliations, he forever respected Kennedy, and spoke of him with admiration.

I guess Deval Patrick is no JFK. That pair won't have that story to cherish for life, passing it down to others who will remember it forever. Then again, even if he did stop to talk to them, they still probably wouldn't have told that story the rest of their lives....unless Feral Slasher drops out of the 2020 race, giving him a shot of winning.
            Ha, I give speeches to less than two people all the time ! Whoever happens to hear me will have quite a story to tell one day.
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
              Has anyone seen Mandy lately?
              Deval, Mandy - both loners.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Deval Patrick is running as a VP audition, that's it. Once Warren endorsed him as someone she wanted to work with, he figured he would have a good shot at VP for either Warren or Biden, and quickly jumped in. It's the only theory that makes sense to me.

Man, I go to a lot of small, often poorly attended shows, but 2 people is rare. It's hard to imagine an event that less people would be interested in.
                Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                  Deval Patrick is running as a VP audition, that's it. Once Warren endorsed him as someone she wanted to work with, he figured he would have a good shot at VP for either Warren or Biden, and quickly jumped in. It's the only theory that makes sense to me.

Man, I go to a lot of small, often poorly attended shows, but 2 people is rare. It's hard to imagine an event that less people would be interested in.
                  Pretty much the only smaller options are 1 or 0.
                  "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                    Deval Patrick is running as a VP audition, that's it. Once Warren endorsed him as someone she wanted to work with, he figured he would have a good shot at VP for either Warren or Biden, and quickly jumped in. It's the only theory that makes sense to me.

Maybe he wanted a tax deductible trip to Atlanta ?
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Maybe he wanted a tax deductible trip to Atlanta ?
                      I'm here for that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                        Pretty much the only options are 1 or 0.
                        Can you and all your computer science geek friends just leave us normal people alone ?
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Can you and all your computer science geek friends just leave us normal people alone ?
                          Dishing mad bodacious lines!
                          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Disrespecting my Boolean logic. Pshaw!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                              I know TW strongly disagrees with this Obama sentiment, that most pereuadable votes for the dems do not want a complete tear down of existing systems. I tend to agree with it. Big change is scary to a lot of folks. Anyone have thoughts on which strategy is better in 2020? https://www.foxnews.com/politics/oba...en-sanders.amp
                              I saw this article in response to Obama's comments. I doubt many Dems agree with it, but at least he isn't criticizing any Democratic candidates !

His interventions in the presidential race are music to the ears of the wealthy and powerful.
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Pramila Jayapal had an interview with Van Jones, and she cautions him about all of the issues with Buttigieg and Warren's health care plan, starting with the public option.

For those people who think incremental improvement is more achievable with someone like Warren, Jayapal warns that the public option would be worse than the current ACA. I wanted to find the full episode from what looks like the van jones show, but I couldn't find it.

Comment

Working...
                                X