Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    I am somewhere between pessimistic and optimistic. Pessimistic for all the reasons you describe. Optimistic because I hope the people who thought that letting Trump run things instead of the establishment (two-party system) couldn't be any worse have realized the error of their ways and are willing to correct it.
    Just curious, have you actually run into anyone that regrets voting for Trump? In my experience, those who were iffy voting for him have now dug their heels in hard for Trump, so I'm not at all hopeful on that point.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironfist View Post
      Just curious, have you actually run into anyone that regrets voting for Trump? In my experience, those who were iffy voting for him have now dug their heels in hard for Trump, so I'm not at all hopeful on that point.
      I know people who voted third party because they thought Hillary was just as bad as Trump or maybe even worse. I think we have some of those people on this board. I honestly don't know how any of them are going to vote in 2020. I don't think any of them are going to vote for Trump, but I don't know whether they will vote for the Democrat or a third party.

None of them that I know are really Democrats. They are either some flavor of libertarian or religious conservatives who can't stomach Trump's behavior (e.g. Evan McMullin supporters in 2016).
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• I think this is fair. The election was between 2 historically unpopular figures. The general thought is higher voter turn out helps dems, lower rep, and we had lower voter turnout. we had difference making numbers demonstrate their disgust by also voting 3rd party.

This election will be high turnout. That alone is big.

Comment

• Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
          I think this is fair. The election was between 2 historically unpopular figures. The general thought is higher voter turn out helps dems, lower rep, and we had lower voter turnout. we had difference making numbers demonstrate their disgust by also voting 3rd party.

This election will be high turnout. That alone is big.
          it will be a tremendous turnout. the biggest in any election. it will be huge, world history. the largest crowds in mankind. it will be the highest ever. if you don't vote you can't be on the 'winning team'. because it will be the most humongous victory or win ever. LoL

i gave up a long time ago. it doesn't matter what you do. i am not saying freewill doesn't exist. but life has a funny way of doing what it wants anyways, no matter how much you want to intervene.

Comment

• i've learned a few things this summer. life's ultimate goal is to explore itself. it's why the universe exists. and you can create a universe. if you can create a false vacuum in space. but we are not about trying to create a new one. we only want to understand ours. yes, this is too far ahead of the world. but that is why you exist. it's a single god or creator, dispersed or diversified in all of us. information sending back. because it's all connected like Bell's theorem. it's true

Comment

• the few brilliant people you need to save the world will never do it. they will embrace futility. it goes along the lines that the most incompetent are the most confident. and the most competent are the least confident. it's true.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                I know people who voted third party because they thought Hillary was just as bad as Trump or maybe even worse. I think we have some of those people on this board. I honestly don't know how any of them are going to vote in 2020. I don't think any of them are going to vote for Trump, but I don't know whether they will vote for the Democrat or a third party.

None of them that I know are really Democrats. They are either some flavor of libertarian or religious conservatives who can't stomach Trump's behavior (e.g. Evan McMullin supporters in 2016).
                What everyone is missing is this--ONLY the states ion play matter--I voted third party to possibly get an independent qualified for the general knowing my state would go for Hillary--Though I'd never vote for her.

It's only how the votes in the swing states will turn out. Cali, Texas etc. don't matter for bupkis. We know where those votes go.

So..Who wins those states? Trump or Warren/Bernie/Biden?
                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Rep. Chris Collins (R-Rochester), an early supporter of Trump, resigned after pleading guilty to charges of insider trading.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                    Rep. Chris Collins (R-Rochester), an early supporter of Trump, resigned after pleading guilty to charges of insider trading.
                    It’s about time this scumbag went to prison.

Comment

• Am I being paranoid about potential ramifications for Warren with her getting into pre-election battles with Facebook and other massive corporations? Facebook especially--we know what can be spread on that platform. It may be a strategic misstep that she is calling for these companies to be broken up at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                        Am I being paranoid about potential ramifications for Warren with her getting into pre-election battles with Facebook and other massive corporations? Facebook especially--we know what can be spread on that platform. It may be a strategic misstep that she is calling for these companies to be broken up at this point.
                        I don't think you're paranoid for wondering about it but I also don't think it will hurt her.

Comment

• Geesh, Trump is getting desperate to protect his power. Tweeting now that this is a Coup "intended to take away the power, vote, freedoms, 2nd amendment, religion, military, border wall, and God-given rights!"

He is throwing everything and the kitchen sink in there hoping one or more things will stick and scare someone, trying to make it about that and not him. I really don't know how his fans don't understand what a pathetic narcissist he is.

Comment

Geesh, Trump is getting desperate to protect his power. Tweeting now that this is a Coup "intended to take away the power, vote, freedoms, 2nd amendment, religion, military, border wall, and God-given rights!"

He is throwing everything and the kitchen sink in there hoping one or more things will stick and scare someone, trying to make it about that and not him. I really don't know how his fans don't understand what a pathetic narcissist he is.
                            Doesn't a coup mean to have the opposition take power? If he's impeached and removed......Mike Pence takes over.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                              Doesn't a coup mean to have the opposition take power? If he's impeached and removed......Mike Pence takes over.
                              He is an idiot. Also, he thinks everyone is the opposition, so....

Comment

He is an idiot. Also, he thinks everyone is the opposition, so....
                                Umm..wouldn't he be correct in that? Everyone being the generic way of saying most.

Comment

Working...
                                X