Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
    Understand when I say this, that I'm no advaocating it, but the general public would be more outraged seeing a neo-Nazi beating up a minority than an Antifa member. To the majority of people it looks like to fringe portions of society beating each other up, hence the apathy.
    That's a really fucked up thought. I agree, most Americans (probably Canadians too) are happy to devalue the lives of protesters based on media BS, and it's disgusting.
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
      That's a really fucked up thought. I agree, most Americans (probably Canadians too) are happy to devalue the lives of protesters based on media BS, and it's disgusting.
      People want/need to see the true crime/thought. I'm a big advocate for police, but there is no denying that there are some rotten apples in the bunch. Seeing the videos of police shooting those who flee is deplorable, but it swings the pendulum to a more balanced understanding, especially when it comes to minorities and the relationship to police. I can read about profiling, but until I see with my own eyeballs a cop shooting some African-American who has no gun, has hands up, etc. I'm not as moved, nor is the general populous.
      "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
      - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
      - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

People want/need to see the true crime/thought. I'm a big advocate for police, but there is no denying that there are some rotten apples in the bunch. Seeing the videos of police shooting those who flee is deplorable, but it swings the pendulum to a more balanced understanding, especially when it comes to minorities and the relationship to police. I can read about profiling, but until I see with my own eyeballs a cop shooting some African-American who has no gun, has hands up, etc. I'm not as moved, nor is the general populous.
        I agree, and this is a smart post.

My biggest problem with Antifa is that they make themselves easy scapegoats. But I also recognize that we're in an era where violent protest is shut down with more violence, and yet peaceful protest is called violence! Look at the boycott, divest, sanction Israel movement. So the problem is that you're given no recourse to protest. It's a tightrope, for sure.
        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Trying one more time to get this train back on the rails.

My wife had a mind-blowing thought a couple of weeks ago, and I wanted to share. She said to me "Bernie Sanders will never be the President, and Jeffrey Epstein is dead for the exact same reason. Those in control will NEVER let it happen."

Very interesting thought experiment. If Sanders wins, do you guys think that he would be allowed to be President, or snuffed out by the elites? I'm kinda 50/50. I thought Obama would have been killed too (just like Hillary thought, by the way, as she implied in '08 that she was less susceptible to assassination than Obama).

Am i swilling the conspiracy theory tequila straight from the bottle? Assassinations are much harder these days in the technological age, but Sanders represents a juicy target for the entire class of elites.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
            You might want to step that one back. There are a lot of people who don't agree with the tactics used by antifa that don't support fascism.

In fact, isn't that basically everyone here?
            No it's not actually.
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Understand when I say this, that I'm no advaocating it, but the general public would be more outraged seeing a neo-Nazi beating up a minority than an Antifa member. To the majority of people it looks like to fringe portions of society beating each other up, hence the apathy.
              I understand you're thinking.

I feel Antifa is a good idea that's being managed poorly, kind of like many Left leaning groups that lose focus and fall apart (see Occupation Wall Street)

It's resurgence (it's existed in one form or another for quite a while) Has coincided with the Trump administration and it's empowering of the Far Right (Nazis, White Nationalists, Klansmen etc) It's ranks have grown and it's counter protests have gotten larger and as a direct result of the increase in Right wing violence, more violent themselves.

the Antifa aren't instigators, they're reactionaries.

If Trump went away and took the Nazis, KKK and White nationalist moment(s) with him, Antifa would fade away to where it was before 2016.

I mean seriously--Had you honestly heard of them before Tr4ump came into office?

I don't mind the violent reaction because I believe that on occasion, it's use is mnerited when all other reasonable options have been exhausted.

If I were younger and didn't have a family to support and care for, Id probably be right there with them and have no problem taking a bat to the head of some proud boy piece of shit.

But as you've said, they aren't going about this in a smart way--always let the other guy swing first, it's gives you justification to fight back.
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Excellent breakdown of Antifa. If the white supremacists go back into their holes, Antifa goes back underground too.

Comment

• So, I'm not the biggest fan of the Monmouth poll, but it was pretty big news among progressives today. Sanders 20, Warren 20, Biden 19, Harris 8.

Trendline look incredibly good for Warren and Sanders, awful for Biden. I'll run the numbers from Jan, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Aug.

Sanders 16-25-20-15-14-20 (+6)
                  Warren 8-8-6-10-15-20 (+5)
                  Biden 29-28-27-33-32-19 (-13)

How are you feeling about that avatar bet, revo? I can hardly remember the criteria. Did I say Biden would finish 3rd or lower?

His inability to form sentences, remember basic facts, speak coherently, and generally not look foolish have to concern any supporter. That's not even accounting for the "gaffes". I was digging back in the thread and saw a smart post from frae regarding Biden's polling "a mile wide and an inch deep", posted early June.

Comment

• https://www.monmouth.edu/polling-ins...oll_us_082619/

Really interesting article from Monmouth talking about the poll.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                      No it's not actually.
                      Hey look at you, you lasted a whole... 10 hours until you broke your word. And ... literally no one was surprised.

"As for staying away from you--Yeah i've been doing that for years now, so if you wan't jut go back to ignoring my posts and we'll be fine."

Great job!

Comment

Hey look at you, you lasted a whole... 10 hours until you broke your word. And ... literally no one was surprised.

"As for staying away from you--Yeah i've been doing that for years now, so if you wan't jut go back to ignoring my posts and we'll be fine."

Great job!
                        Ken. What in the fuck about that response offends your sensibilities? You literally want the moderator of the board to never comment on your posts again?

Is this all the board is going to be now, just people airing grievances? Throwing this tantrum over a non-inflammatory post is pathetic. Grow up and move on.

Comment

• Somebody PLEASE post some real content so we can get out of this feedback loop of high pitched whiners.

This is the election 2020 thread, lots of news to talk about.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                            So, I'm not the biggest fan of the Monmouth poll, but it was pretty big news among progressives today. Sanders 20, Warren 20, Biden 19, Harris 8.

Trendline look incredibly good for Warren and Sanders, awful for Biden. I'll run the numbers from Jan, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Aug.

Sanders 16-25-20-15-14-20 (+6)
                            Warren 8-8-6-10-15-20 (+5)
                            Biden 29-28-27-33-32-19 (-13)

How are you feeling about that avatar bet, revo? I can hardly remember the criteria. Did I say Biden would finish 3rd or lower?

His inability to form sentences, remember basic facts, speak coherently, and generally not look foolish have to concern any supporter. That's not even accounting for the "gaffes". I was digging back in the thread and saw a smart post from frae regarding Biden's polling "a mile wide and an inch deep", posted early June.
                            That one was definitely very interesting, as was the Economist/YouGov poll from the prior day that had it Biden 22, Sanders 19, Warren 18. Although Biden got a much better poll today from Politico/Morning Consult: Biden 33, Sanders 20, Warren 15.

Ultimately, though, if we were to assume that Sanders and Warren are splitting progressive support, then Biden would be in trouble if either one of them dropped out and endorsed the other. I'm not sure it's that simple, or that either Sanders or Warren seem likely to do that. There are a lot of Sanders supporters who would support Biden or Gabbard before they'd support Warren, and a lot of Warren supporters who would support Harris or Buttigieg or Booker before they'd support Sanders. But Harris and Buttigieg definitely appear to have faded to a Tier 3 at this point in the race, with Biden still arguably alone in Tier 1 and Sanders and Warren legitimately closing in at Tier 2.

Comment

• Sanders and Warren have drastically different bases of support to this point. Sanders is working class down, most racial diversity, lowest earners. Warren is upper middle class wealthy and white.

Biden's polling has shown for months much higher 2nd choice polls for Sanders vs Warren (31% to 10%). Seems like Bernie is drawing from Biden's fade, Warren is picking up from Harris et al. Looks very very good for Bernie if it comes down to him vs Warren.

Within the Monmouth poll, 58% said supporting Med4All was a huge priority, 23% said somewhat important. Also a great sign for Sanders, as he's widely identified as the strongest advocate for Med4All. Also a terrible sign for Harris and Biden, as their health care plans are trash.

Comment

Great job!
                                Ahh the typical Ken response. I said I had been staying away from you, no where in that post did I say I would Not respond to you in fact I said that you could trust that if I had something to say to you that it would crystal clear I was responding to you. Thus the quote.

Hey look at you, twisting someone's words to fit your narrative, and literally no one is surprised.

You do you...... So well.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X