Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    For those interested, the previous provincial government left Ontario with the LARGEST sub-nation debt in the entire world. Ontario is $360 BILLION in the hole. We have more debt than California but 15% of the population. So, of course, teenwolf wishes the Ontario liberal party was still in charge, still handing out free bees to people just like him. The more I read his posts, the more I chuckle.
    Cheerleaders for austerity are the actual cucks.
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
      Cheerleaders for austerity are the actual cucks.
      but $360,000,000,000 Ontario debt is perfectly acceptable to you.

antifa isn't a job, it is a waste of life

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
        but $360,000,000,000 Ontario debt is perfectly acceptable to you.

antifa isn't a job, it is a waste of life
        I went to a protest against PPC, there were no Antifa. Since you didn't know what nationalism means, I'll just let you know that Antifa means "anti-fascist", and if you're against them, you're with the fascists. Your obsession with Antifa is revealing and pathetic.
        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

I went to a protest against PPC, there were no Antifa. Since you didn't know what nationalism means, I'll just let you know that Antifa means "anti-fascist", and if you're against them, you're with the fascists. Your obsession with Antifa is revealing and pathetic.
          Canadian Trump, it is possible to loathe both white nationalists and antifa.
          "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
          - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
          - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• Back on topic...

Buttigieg has been showing his true colors. Last week he was meeting with super delegates to win their support at the Democratic convention. Yeah, super delegates voting against the will of the people worked so well to turn out the base in '16... that will be great. Secondly, he went on a very troubling tangent recently, talking about how Republicans used to be concerned with the deficit, but at some point changed to support unlimited spending. He reveals himself as an austerity pushing conservative. Really bad look. So yeah, I'm sick of that guy. He jumps into 3rd most hated behind Biden and Yang for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
              Canadian Trump, it is possible to loathe both white nationalists and antifa.
              True, simpletons might boil it down to equal divisiveness, equal culpability. Idiots might. But rational people understand that Antifa only exists to oppose white nationalists, and if the white nationalists unilaterally disbanded, so would Antifa. Do you think the white nationalists (the Proud Boys) organizing violent rallies on a regular basis in Portland would STOP organizing if Antifa didn't show up to oppose? That's ludicrous.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

Comment

if you're against them, you're with the fascists.
                You might want to step that one back. There are a lot of people who don't agree with the tactics used by antifa that don't support fascism.

In fact, isn't that basically everyone here?

Comment

True, simpletons might boil it down to equal divisiveness, equal culpability.
                  That's a false equivalency. Loathing both of them doesn't mean you equate them.

Comment

True, simpletons might boil it down to equal divisiveness, equal culpability. Idiots might. But rational people understand that Antifa only exists to oppose white nationalists, and if the white nationalists unilaterally disbanded, so would Antifa. Do you think the white nationalists (the Proud Boys) organizing violent rallies on a regular basis in Portland would STOP organizing if Antifa didn't show up to oppose? That's ludicrous.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”
                    Canadian Trump, per Wikipedia:
                    The Anti-Defamation League stated that "All forms of antifa violence are problematic. Images of these 'free speech' protesters being beaten by black-clad and bandana-masked antifa provide right wing extremists with a powerful propaganda tool" but goes on to state "that said, it is important to reject attempts to claim equivalence between the antifa and the white supremacist groups they oppose." They also mention that "most established civil rights organizations criticize antifa tactics as dangerous and counterproductive."
                    My bolding for emphasis.

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      You might want to step that one back. There are a lot of people who don't agree with the tactics used by antifa that don't support fascism.

In fact, isn't that basically everyone here?
                      Yep, a lot of bullshit has been written about Antifa, and a lot of dumb folks eat it up and buy into some Antifa fever dream. The sentiment that "I wish people could just get along" in response to white nationalism is stupid. If you're not willing to take a side (ideologically), between fascists and anti-fascists, then youre a fucking fool, in my opinion. It doesnt mean you need to personally punch a nazi to support Antifa.

I went to a peaceful protest and I still support Antifa's existence and presence outnumbering and shaming nutjob white nationalists. Saying you condemn both shows a surface level or non-existent understanding of the reality here.

Comment

Canadian Trump, per Wikipedia:

My bolding for emphasis.
                        I agree that Antifa are a complex issue, with some attributes that help the cause of stopping white nationalist proliferation and some tactics that likely embolden white nationalism.

I support their existence as punching bags for nazis, if only to show people that right wing extremists are real. Like I say, if their opposition disbanded, so would they. The white nationalists, if they didn't have Antifa to fight, would mob and attack the public, as they are doing frequently in Portland. That's why I support them.

Comment

I went to a peaceful protest and I still support Antifa's existence and presence outnumbering and shaming nutjob white nationalists. Saying you condemn both shows a surface level or non-existent understanding of the reality here.
                          I, for one, will unequivocally state that white nationalism is a bigger threat to our democracy. I do think Antifa's tactics are less than helpful. Their tactics keep things in the murk and mus instead of elevating the discussion.

Comment

If you're not willing to take a side (ideologically), between fascists and anti-fascists, then youre a fucking fool, in my opinion.
                            You're right, there are only ever two options. A sane option, like peaceful protest isn't something someone could get behind.

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                            It doesnt mean you need to personally punch a nazi to support Antifa.
                            Right, but you hit on the problem - that violence is part of it.

I went to a peaceful protest
                            How COULD you? You aren't willing to take a side between fascists and anti-fascists? You must be a fool?

Saying you condemn both shows a surface level or non-existent understanding of the reality here.
                            Nah, it says that there are better ways.

Comment

I, for one, will unequivocally state that white nationalism is a bigger threat to our democracy. I do think Antifa's tactics are less than helpful. Their tactics keep things in the murk and mus instead of elevating the discussion.
                              But if they didn't exist, who would the white nationalists attack? Random minorities? Random dissenters they encounter on hate marches? Would this be better than Antifa punching bags? I'm genuinely unsure, but I know debating the nuances of the situation is a better approach to understanding Antifa's purpose than saying that you are 100% in opposition to Antifa.

You should see the Portland marches... Proud Boys organize weekly rallies that are shutting down businesses and causing massive resources to be spent baby-sitting the white nationalists... they do it to intimidate one of the most Liberal enclaves in the US. In these conflicts, we repeatedly see police attacking Antifa and defending white nationalists. MSM has done a great job vilifying Antifa, and most people have indeed bought into the narrative that they're a counter-productive organization. I just disagree.

Comment

But if they didn't exist, who would the white nationalists attack? Random minorities? Random dissenters they encounter on hate marches? Would this be better than Antifa punching bags? I'm genuinely unsure, but I know debating the nuances of the situation is a better approach to understanding Antifa's purpose than saying that you are 100% in opposition to Antifa.

You should see the Portland marches... Proud Boys organize weekly rallies that are shutting down businesses and causing massive resources to be spent baby-sitting the white nationalists... they do it to intimidate one of the most Liberal enclaves in the US. In these conflicts, we repeatedly see police attacking Antifa and defending white nationalists. MSM has done a great job vilifying Antifa, and most people have indeed bought into the narrative that they're a counter-productive organization. I just disagree.
                                Understand when I say this, that I'm no advaocating it, but the general public would be more outraged seeing a neo-Nazi beating up a minority than an Antifa member. To the majority of people it looks like to fringe portions of society beating each other up, hence the apathy.

Comment

Working...
                                X