Far Right Extremists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
    And B-Fly wouldn't be giving his civil take if I didn't bat the hornet's nest in the first place.

I dont believe anybody here is changing minds.
    Maybe.

I can't help wonder if you would get more input if you carried on more like B-Fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      Maybe.

I can't help wonder if you would get more input if you carried on more like B-Fly.
      He doesn't have to and shouldn't be more like me. Now that I'm posting regularly again, that would be redundant. We should totally continue to good cop/bad cop you.

Comment

And B-Fly wouldn't be giving his civil take if I didn't bat the hornet's nest in the first place.

I dont believe anybody here is changing minds.
        This from a prior thread:

"Civility is a style of argument that implicitly welcomes response. It is a display or respect and tolerance, which makes clear that you are engaging in a conversation, not delivering the last word. Unlike contempt, which generally seems less about your targets than about creating an ugly spectacle for your own partisans to enjoy, a civil argument is a plea to all fellow citizens to respond, even if in opposition. It invites the broader body of concerned citizens to fill in the gaps of my knowledge, to correct the flaws in my argument and to continue to deliberate in a rapidly changing world." - Phil Klay

You practice one and B-Fly practices the other.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
          He doesn't have to and shouldn't be more like me. Now that I'm posting regularly again, that would be redundant. We should totally continue to good cop/bad cop you.
          Yep please do or we wouldn't see that giant blue vein sticking out of his temples.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
            If they're corrupt, vote them out, no matter what party they happen to be affiliated with.

Party affiliation is irrelevant, just put honest people in the seats.
            I agree with this 100%.

It is extra sad when there are no good choices.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
              I agree with this 100%.

It is extra sad when there are no good choices.
              A corrupt system attracts corrupt people to take advantage of it.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                I know this is for Teenwolf, but from my perspective, while I oppose the use of violence or the threat of violence for political ends, I think the statistics and evidence make incredibly clear that setting up "antifa" as a fount of left-wing violence/terror equal to or greater than that of right-wing extremists in America is bogus. Who has anyone supposedly affiliated with antifa killed? To the extent they have engaged in vandalism or catalyzed street fighting or even violated administrative regulations/guidelines about public demonstrations, they should be held accountable by law enforcement. But the answer to right-wing extremists in America most decidedly is not or at least should not be, "But antifa!" or "But Maxine Waters and Eric Holder!" False equivalency.
                no intention of boxing any group, simply asking teenwolf's position on antifa.

Comment

art, why again asking for his position on antifa. why not state yours, and why you need his as if filling out survey. and he sounds angry because he should, he is from this space/time where everyone who can see landscape for the madness it is should be angry. i myself as a large and angry hispanic jew welcome holding the line against Trumpkins in their next white nationalist rally, I will wear my Star of David and welcome someone to take a free hit on me with a tire iron. You will get 1 shot. This is, btw, roughly the position of antifa.

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                    My position on Antifa is complex. On the one hand, there are White Nationalist hate groups being openly embraced by the Republican party, and when Antifa show up to intimidate or throw bottles, or break shit... it doesn't help the cause and gives the right wing an easy scapegoat. Last week, Gavin McInnis, right wing talking head, hosted a rally for his White Nationalist gang (The Proud Boys), and Antifa showed up. There was a report that one of the Antifa protesters knocked a Proud Boys MAGA hat off, and, Proud Boys responded by literally kicking the shit out of them, since it's in their fucking constitution to attack someone to gain full membership, so there were dozens of these fucking nazi shitheads throwing punches and kicks, literally dragging people through the streets, screaming at each other encouraging further violence...initially the police arrested 3 Antifa members and let the nazis go. Social media pressured the police to later seek out and charge some of the nazis, but still... it's all such a shitshow.

Oh, and it allows Fox News to run Antifa scare coverage that skews reality. Headline reads: "Antifa Strikes Again", and also show a picture of the Proud Boys leader thrusting a sword into the sky in celebration of the violence, and of course they skew it to look like Antifa were both the frenzied rioters, and their leader wielded a sword... its insanity!

So I see why most right wingers especially are so afraid of Antifa, but ultimately I think they're a futile group of anti fascists who sometimes show up to get the shit kicked out of them by nazis, but are usually merely well intentioned idiots feeding into right wing hysteria by their sheer existence.

You cannot talk about Antifa without talking about their nazi counterparts. From the study I linked to start the thread (B-Fly certified!!), the White Nationalist/Nazi fuckheads have 260 kills or thereabouts in the last decade (not counting 11 in the last week)... Antifa/other far left protesters have 12 kills altogether in the last decade. The hype is overblown, and provides cover to White Nationalists. Don't buy the hype!

Here's an article about the incident:

https://www.newsweek.com/violent-far...ictims-1168454
                    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
                      art, why again asking for his position on antifa. why not state yours, and why you need his as if filling out survey. and he sounds angry because he should, he is from this space/time where everyone who can see landscape for the madness it is should be angry. i myself as a large and angry hispanic jew welcome holding the line against Trumpkins in their next white nationalist rally, I will wear my Star of David and welcome someone to take a free hit on me with a tire iron. You will get 1 shot. This is, btw, roughly the position of antifa.
                      Well stated. Sometimes the anti fascists wear black handkerchiefs to obscure identity, which is something I feel hesitant about, so I like your approach.
                      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Also, ITC asked me a few months ago "How do you square with Antifa?", and I'm glad I finally got to answer his question. Sorry it took so long, but I remembered it, and thought about it a lot I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                          What are your thoughts on Antifa?

Conversely, what are your thoughts on the Proud Boys and other white nationalist groups being legitimized by parts of the Republican party, and especially protected by Fox News and other right wing media? Why did the New York Metropolitan Club welcome a White Nationalist rally?

Gavin McInnis has appeared on Fox News a bazillion times. They know exactly who he is, and they smear Antifa as if they're lead by him. Its sick. I'd appreciate your take.

Oh, here's an article about 14 non-violent Jewish protestors being arrested for peacefully protesting outside the site of the hate rally. Police always protect the White Supremacists. It can't be coincidental.

https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/...d-boys-brawled

Comment

Conversely, what are your thoughts on the Proud Boys and other white nationalist groups being legitimized by parts of the Republican party, and especially protected by Fox News and other right wing media? Why did the New York Metropolitan Club welcome a White Nationalist rally?

Gavin McInnis has appeared on Fox News a bazillion times. They know exactly who he is, and they smear Antifa as if they're lead by him. Its sick. I'd appreciate your take.
                            Just saw the "Proud Boys" were just deplatformed by some social media. You think Fox News will follow suit and stop giving the hate group legitimacy?

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                              Just saw the "Proud Boys" were just deplatformed by some social media. You think Fox News will follow suit and stop giving the hate group legitimacy?
                              No, they'll continue to conflate anti fascists who only organize to counter fascist gatherings with those they oppose... then show footage of the nazis beating people and say its Antifa. They don't need to have standards because objective truth no longer holds value.

Comment

So none of the right wingers here want to have this conversation? 3 far right lunatics in the last week, the mail bomber, the synagogue killer, and the Kroegers double murder... all "radicalized Republicans". 13 murders. The Kroegers killer tried an all black church and couldn't figure out how to get in before he killed 2 black people at Kroegers and told a bystander "whites don't kill whites"...

But the Right wingers are in their echo chambers singing about the Caravan, and the Kavanaugh witch trials, and shooting asylum seekers on sight at the border. What an ugly party. I'd respect the individuals of that party more if they were critical of the radicalized elements. To them, a MAGA hat and one covered in blood are indecipherable. Supporters need support in return, nazi or not. Someone show some decency and call it for what it is without simply acting offended by the presentation of murder statistics.

Comment

Working...
                                X