President Trump's Foreign Policy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• President Trump's Foreign Policy

This is a poll posted knowing that President Trump is portrayed as a bull in a china shop. To counter that, some highlights:
    • North Korea
    • Moving the Embassy to Jerusalem
    • Defeating ISIS
    • Pulled out of Paris Accords
    • Renegotiated NAFTA

Others would point to Putin, China, and our relations with Europe as problem areas.

J
    Horrific. Among the worst in US history.
    0%
    Badly. The damage will take years to repair, not decades.
    0%
    Meh. Foreign Policy is a mixed bag as usual.
    0%
    Good. Best this century, though that is not a high standard.
    0%
    Genius. The new Teddy Roosevelt.
    0%
    Purple Monkey for Congress
    0%

The poll is expired.

Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

What poll are you referencing? Or are you asking for thoughts/opinions on your bullet points?

Comment

another bullet point would be:
      • generally treating our allies like shit
      "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

giving credit to Trump for defeating ISIS is like blaming Obama for their rise. but i'd give credit that somehow Iraq and Iran didn't try to invade Kurdistan and Turkey didn't go to war with Syrian Kurds. i think if our military had left Syria they would have.

also is trade wars foreign policy? i don't think that's going that well.

Comment

Anyone that took the first option is not paying attention. Issues I will grant you but historically bad he is not.

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
          giving credit to Trump for defeating ISIS is like blaming Obama for their rise. but i'd give credit that somehow Iraq and Iran didn't try to invade Kurdistan and Turkey didn't go to war with Syrian Kurds. i think if our military had left Syria they would have.

I'll do both, thank you. Obama for the same reasons you gave for Syria.

When, and if, we get in a trade war, I'll let you know.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

it's my understanding that having to leave Iraq was one of the one of the main reasons for the ability of ISIS, but i am not really sure. that's why war can be FUBAR. and that decision was made before Obama when Iraq wanted the ability to prosecute american military personal in Iraqi courts for the condition of staying. Bush couldn't agree to that, nor did i think he should. i actually had wanted to mention my thoughts on that before, about the reason for our military leaving Iraq. although Obama didn't really help either, i guess.

Comment

also, it's not out of the realm that the rest of the world starts blaming us for global warming since they are pretty adamant about it, and uses trade or tariffs as a bargaining chip if we don't acquiescent to their accords. we are giving them that idea by allowing them to practice it now. this gamble could turn out bad economically for us in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post

Hmm...why does the name Bob Kohm flash in my head when I read this?

Are you really Bob?

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                  Anyone that took the first option is not paying attention. Issues I will grant you but historically bad he is not.

I'll do both, thank you. Obama for the same reasons you gave for Syria.

When, and if, we get in a trade war, I'll let you know.

J
                  You can't be serious. Of all the 'J' things you've ever said, this is the 'J'ist.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                    Hmm...why does the name Bob Kohm flash in my head when I read this?

Are you really Bob?
                    it's a pretty high compliment considering Bob is the expert foreign policy guy. but i'd give Trump credit on Syria not turning out even worse. i was really concerned about the Kurds. that whole situation could've easily blown up into a Turkish /Syria, /Israel/Iran US/Russia /Kurds/everyone war. all that had to happen was for our military to leave. i still think we should be selling good weapons to Kurdistan.

and i think Trump deserves some credit on North Korea. i really i have no idea what Kim is up to, but it's pretty clear this is what South Korea wants. and while i don't think he should be exchanging love letters with the guy, like Syria, he hasn't made it worse. and i think that's difficult to do considering NPRK situation has been the same for so long, any change is potentially dangerous.

i thought the poll options were really good. even though it was close for me between option 2 or 3. i probably should've picked option 3 it's a mixed bag just for balance and to be nice to jay. i know this stuff is important to him, even though i don't know what a purple monkey is, it sounds funny.

Comment

One Genius. Interesting.

I think Trump is clearly better than Obama, but he could do that with a C- grade.

Originally posted by revo View Post
                      You can't be serious. Of all the 'J' things you've ever said, this is the 'J'ist.
                      You are acting as if we are in a trade war. Why?

For the record, we are not in a trade war nor have we been in the Trump Administration.

J
                      Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

You are acting as if we are in a trade war. Why?

For the record, we are not in a trade war nor have we been in the Trump Administration.

J
                        I’m not going to debate this further, because this is either the dumbest or most ignorant thing you’ve ever posted.

“DEFINITION of 'Trade War' A trade war is a side effect of protectionism that occurs when one country (Country A) raises tariffs on another country's (Country B) imports in retaliation for Country B raising tariffs on Country A's imports. A tariff is a tax imposed on imported goods and services.”
                        A trade war arises when one country retaliates against another by raising import tariffs or placing other restrictions on the other country's imports.

Comment

I’m not going to debate this further, because this is either the dumbest or most ignorant thing you’ve ever posted.

“DEFINITION of 'Trade War' A trade war is a side effect of protectionism that occurs when one country (Country A) raises tariffs on another country's (Country B) imports in retaliation for Country B raising tariffs on Country A's imports. A tariff is a tax imposed on imported goods and services.”
                          https://www.investopedia.com/terms/t/trade-war.asp
                          That's actually complimentory, even if unintentional so.

BTW Piss-poor definition of trade war which makes a mountain out of a molehill. Trade spat, maybe, or trade tiff.

War is an all-encompassing thing. A trade war deals with all a country's trade and generally uses embargoes and punitive tariffs.

J
                          Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

That's actually complimentory, even if unintentional so.

BTW Piss-poor definition of trade war which makes a mountain out of a molehill. Trade spat, maybe, or trade tiff.

War is an all-encompassing thing. A trade war deals with all a country's trade and generally uses embargoes and punitive tariffs.

J
                            Just stop already, you’re really making yourself look bad.

Comment

Just stop already, you’re really making yourself look bad.
                              far too fucking late
                              "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Working...
                              X