Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
    Dude, that's an onside kick!
    OK - but this topic is moving away from the original thread question.

I think many can admit that there are likely multiple reasons that early and even modern day interpretations of Christ are "white". That isnt a proof for or against whether "A God" actually exists.
    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
    Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post

I think many can admit that there are likely multiple reasons that early and even modern day interpretations of Christ are "white". That isnt a proof for or against whether "A God" actually exists.
      Yes. If an all-powerful G-d exists, it honestly doesn't matter in the slightest what G-d looks like.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
        Yes. If an all-powerful G-d exists, it honestly doesn't matter in the slightest what G-d looks like.
        Absolutely agree.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
          Goalposts always moving in this thread. Specifically it was stated that Christians would have a cow ... if they realized Jesus was from the middle east.

There's an entirely different discussion to be had on how Christians envision him looking but suggesting that Christians don't know that Jesus is from Jerusalem, which is in the middle east, was the point being discussed.

And it is laughable to stereotype that as something Christians think but athiests don't.

Also, yes "seriously".
          I think this has more to do with the Gandhi quote than anything else.

“I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.”-Gandhi

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post

I think marketing and racism mostly have it covered. And honestly the original topic is a pretty short discussion IMO. Nothing close to "proof" has been offered as evidence, merely faith-based assertions flowing from words written by men.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
              Absolutely agree.
              True, but I gotta say, that pic you pointed to that you like as an accurate depiction of Jesus sure doesn't look like the embodiment of an all knowing, all seeing, one true God. He looks a little crazy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                True, but I gotta say, that pic you pointed to that you like as an accurate depiction of Jesus sure doesn't look like the embodiment of an all knowing, all seeing, one true God. He looks a little crazy.
                He proclaimed he was the son of god, he was.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                  Neave emphasizes that his re-creation is simply that of an adult man who lived in the same place and at the same time as Jesus. As might well be expected, not everyone agrees.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                    Probably like Liz Hurley
                    “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• Scientific proof vs Proof in law.

There are two sorts of proofs: proof of facts and proof of theories. Because the objectives behind these proofs differ in legal and scientific work, the specific procedures for proving facts and
                      theories also differ.

Fresno and others want scientific proof and throw out the very real Proof in Law.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                        Are you "from" the place you were born, or where you grew up, or where you last resided? Granted you are just arguing for the sake of arguing here but since you asked...
                        my understanding of historical Jesus is that he was born in Bethleham, grew up in Galilee/Nazareth, and marched into Jeresulam to get his insurrection going. All made possible thanks to fine Roman roads!
                        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                          I think marketing and racism mostly have it covered. And honestly the original topic is a pretty short discussion IMO. Nothing close to "proof" has been offered as evidence, merely faith-based assertions flowing from words written by men.
                          As I mentioned in the thread title, there is no proof that God exists!
                          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                            Scientific proof vs Proof in law.

There are two sorts of proofs: proof of facts and proof of theories. Because the objectives behind these proofs differ in legal and scientific work, the specific procedures for proving facts and
                            theories also differ.

Fresno and others want scientific proof and throw out the very real Proof in Law.
                            I don't understand what you are saying here. One uses facts and replication of experiments to prove theories.

Comment

• from Law.com ...

proof. n. confirmation of a fact by evidence. In a trial, proof is what the trier of the fact (jury or judge without a jury) needs to become satisfied that there is "a preponderance of the evidence" in civil (non-criminal) cases and the defendant is guilty "beyond a reasonable doubt" in criminal prosecutions.
                              so proof in law requires a "preponderance of the evidence" sufficient to convince the Judge or Jury ... or evidence "beyond a reasonable doubt".

I'm not sure how anyone is discounting these standards, they seem consistent with the request for proof that Fresno has asked for.
                              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                                from Law.com ...

so proof in law requires a "preponderance of the evidence" sufficient to convince the Judge or Jury ... or evidence "beyond a reasonable doubt".

I'm not sure how anyone is discounting these standards, they seem consistent with the request for proof that Fresno has asked for.
                                Fresno is not asking for evidence he is asking for proof.

I think in Law enough evidence is used as proof.

I do not think Fresno will accept law type proof.

Comment

Working...
                                X