There is no proof that God exists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
    Seriously? Jesus is almost universally portrayed as a white man.
    This.
    “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Goalposts always moving in this thread. Specifically it was stated that Christians would have a cow ... if they realized Jesus was from the middle east.

There's an entirely different discussion to be had on how Christians envision him looking but suggesting that Christians don't know that Jesus is from Jerusalem, which is in the middle east, was the point being discussed.

And it is laughable to stereotype that as something Christians think but athiests don't.

Also, yes "seriously".

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
        Goalposts always moving in this thread. Specifically it was stated that Christians would have a cow ... if they realized Jesus was from the middle east.

There's an entirely different discussion to be had on how Christians envision him looking but suggesting that Christians don't know that Jesus is from Jerusalem, which is in the middle east, was the point being discussed.

And it is laughable to stereotype that as something Christians think but athiests don't.

Also, yes "seriously".
        Lol ok.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Also, yes "seriously".
          Okay, fair, I suppose. Would it be fairer to say most Christians don't realize what a middle eastern from that time period looked like, then? Why, if Christians know Jesus was from the middle east do they almost always portray him as a white guy, sometimes even with fair hair, blue eyes and fair skin?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
            Okay, fair, I suppose. Would it be fairer to say most Christians don't realize what a middle eastern from that time period looked like, then? Why, if Christians know Jesus was from the middle east do they almost always portray him as a white guy, sometimes even with fair hair, blue eyes and fair skin?
            Dude, that's an onside kick!
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Comment

They would be wrong. If He was white why would Judas have had to point Him out among the other 11 disciples? He blended in with them. Pretty average looking.

There is no New Testament description of Him before His death

There have been many debates, studies, and attempts to get closer to what the real Jesus looked like. Best guess, olive skin, dark tan, dark eyes, short curly hair, beard, large nose, not very tall.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                They would be wrong. If He was white why would Judas have had to point Him out among the other 11 disciples? He blended in with them. Pretty average looking.

There is no New Testament description of Him before His death

There have been many debates, studies, and attempts to get closer to what the real Jesus looked like. Best guess, olive skin, dark tan, dark eyes, short curly hair, beard, large nose, not very tall.
                And yet....

- Terence McKenna

Comment

Ticket sales.

Comment

• I like this one.

Comment

You think most Christians don't know where Jerusalem is? I guess "most Christians" I have interacted with don't fit your stereotype, or anywhere close.

Seems like a 1950s type religious criticism. I think we can likely put those type stereotypes to bed with this generation, we have this thing called the internet.
                      I thought he was from Nazarath
                      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                        I checked the band's wiki page and don't see Jesus mentioned as a band member.
                        “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                          I checked the band's wiki page and don't see Jesus mentioned as a band member.
                          Now your messing with a, a sonof.......nevermind

Comment

Dude, that's an onside kick!
                            Troll on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                              Are you "from" the place you were born, or where you grew up, or where you last resided? Granted you are just arguing for the sake of arguing here but since you asked...

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                                Yes, I don't think we could wholly eliminate insects even if we wanted to.
                                New study suggests insect populations have declined by 75% over 3 decades

sorry, i couldn't resist. not wholly and we've only identified 10% of the insect population which makes up 70% of the worlds species. but it's an fyi i guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X