Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pros and Cons of the death penalty for members of the KKK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    I would not do that.

Any more than I would suggest Trump is ok with the KKK.

I do not think anyone in here is ok with the KKK. I do not think Trump is "ok" with the KKK.
    Well, his actions certainly suggest he's ok. Sour Masher provided a great list in the other thread.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Hmm... I am sorry to read this. I rather enjoyed your first response.

If I read this correctly you seem to think I do this a lot. Bob Kohm was the first to call me on it. He has been gone a long time. Can you help me out an point out the the last two previous times that you think I was going for a gotcha?

Thank you.
      I'm not speaking for Bob and wasn't talking about anything but this thread. And maybe i was wrong that it was a gotcha thread. I guess I assumed that we're all Americans here (mostly) and would support freedom of speech even if we thought the content of the speech was repulsive. I didn't think you were seriously proposing that members of the KKK should be executed simply for being members.
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Most of those who responded are in favor of protecting the rights of the KKK. Should we consider this an endorsement of KKK ideology?
        so there's an obvious difference here no? I'm in favor of protecting the rights of the KKK from being criminalized by the government. That's freedom of speech. That doesn't mean I don't think there should be social repercussions if you are in the KKK or espouse hate speech/activity. The KKK should be ostracized, not criminalized.
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
          I'm not speaking for Bob and wasn't talking about anything but this thread. And maybe i was wrong that it was a gotcha thread. I guess I assumed that we're all Americans here (mostly) and would support freedom of speech even if we thought the content of the speech was repulsive. I didn't think you were seriously proposing that members of the KKK should be executed simply for being members.
          I didn't think you were speaking for Bob. I took a lot of heat back in the day for gotcha posts. So I thought you were bringing that back up. My bad. I might be a bit touchy on that.

Outlawing the KKK would not be for their speech, but for the terrible acts that have been done and continue to be done. Where do we draw the line to keep people safe?

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
            The KKK should be ostracized, not criminalized.
            Hmm...This seems to make sense. Thank you for the food for thought.

Comment

Working...
            X