John McCain - Rest In Peace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    Is that to the tune of Smoke on the Water?

If yes is that a thing or did you just make that up.
    To the tune of "Barbara Ann" by the Beach Boys, and it's real. That said, he was (presumably) joking.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
      To the tune of "Barbara Ann" by the Beach Boys, and it's real. That said, he was (presumably) joking.
      Yeah, but he did it a lot. It was a bad joke he found hilarious enough to repeat many times some reason. As others said, he wasn't perfect by any means, and I'd bet he was the first to admit that (at least privately, I'm sure he regretted bowing to pressures to put Palin on his ticket, for instance).

But by and large, he was a great statesman who comported himself with the dignity befitting his office. He had the courage of his convictions, and treated the foundational principles of this country, and his opponents, with respect. The moment when he defended Obama's nationality will always stand out to me as indicative of his character. Maybe in another time and place, his behavior would rightly be labeled as simply normal decency, but over the last few years, he stood out as exceptional in a sea of craven politicians more afraid of losing power than they are of the corruption of our countries soul.

Comment

McCain knew that you dont just throw the US military around as the answer for everything, he would have been a great commander in chief
        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
          McCain knew that you dont just throw the US military around as the answer for everything, he would have been a great commander in chief
          I think you forgot the IF at the beginning of this statement.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
            I think you forgot the IF at the beginning of this statement.
            lol
            ---------------------------------------------
            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
              Ah, thanks that works a bit better.

Comment

Much shade thrown at the Trumpster during todays Memorial Service...

The two former presidents who crushed John McCain's presidential ambitions praised the late senator at the memorial service on Saturday. Republican George W. Bush said McCain "respected the dignity inherent in every life, a dignity that does not stop at borders and cannot be erased by dictators." Democrat Barack Obama said "so much of our politics can seem small and mean and petty. Trafficking in bombast and insult, phony controversies and manufactured outrage. ... John called on us to be bigger than that, to be better that that."
                WaPo News Alerts
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                  Much shade thrown at the Trumpster during todays Memorial Service...

WaPo News Alerts
                  "so much of our politics can seem small and mean and petty", lol
                  Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                  X