Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
    Apologies, I mis-read your statement.

Substituting black people and police interchangeably is a false equivalent.

I'll try again. Substitute my distrust of police with distrust of polygamists or life coaches. Am I a hypocrite? I find your example of hypocrisy confusing. I feel like everybody has different groups they trust more than others. Do you trust heroin or crack addicts? Do you trust a hairdresser who shaves his head? I'm trying to purposely convey the ridiculousness here.
    Trusting or not trusting is a far cry from hate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      Trusting or not trusting is a far cry from hate.
      Glad you're keeping up, as I've said the same many times now, even just today.
      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

You're being ridiculous.

Hatred would mean that I wish ill will towards police, and I've said nothing of the sort. "Fuck the police" is simply stating a lack of faith.
        Pretty disingenuous. You're stretching here. No one in the history of the phrase "Fuck you" (or "Fuck group XYZ") has ever meant "I just don't have faith in you". It's a phrase dripping with hatred. Hell it is THE phrase of hatred. Seems silly to even suggest otherwise.

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
        No clue why you're so amped over my "paranoid" comment. The police in all the public wrongful shooting cases are portraying themselves as being afraid for their lives in the situations. This is what I mean by paranoid. Unjustifiable police killings, perpetrated by paranoid and poorly trained officers. I'm not trying to say they dont face dangers, simply that the dangers faced by other workers in fields with much higher mortality rates dont use it as an excuse to justify wrongdoing.
        Your "farmers have a higher mortality rate" business is pure garbage.
        Hell, Bingo players have a higher mortality rate than any professional occupation, but they aren't getting shot at, they are just keeling over when their pace makers malfunction. Murder isn't something you compare with traffic accidents or slips and falls.
        Hopefully you can understand the difference.

Or are you telling me you get nervous when you get into a car but not when someone points a gun at your face?

Surely you are smarter than this. Equating murder with other job hazards is just incredibly stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
          Pretty disingenuous. You're stretching here. No one in the history of the phrase "Fuck you" (or "Fuck group XYZ") has ever meant "I just don't have faith in you". It's a phrase dripping with hatred. Hell it is THE phrase of hatred. Seems silly to even suggest otherwise.

Your "farmers have a higher mortality rate" business is pure garbage.
          Hell, Bingo players have a higher mortality rate than any professional occupation, but they aren't getting shot at, they are just keeling over when their pace makers malfunction. Murder isn't something you compare with traffic accidents or slips and falls.
          Hopefully you can understand the difference.

Or are you telling me you get nervous when you get into a car but not when someone points a gun at your face?

Surely you are smarter than this. Equating murder with other job hazards is just incredibly stupid.
          I've been nice to this point, but I'm done with your line of questions. My patience is spent.

"Smarter than this"... "incredibly stupid"...

I've made my thoughts clear. You dont respect them. Let's move on.
          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Ken's happy to move on, I am too.

Comment

I've been nice to this point, but I'm done with your line of questions. My patience is spent.

"Smarter than this"... "incredibly stupid"...

I've made my thoughts clear. You dont respect them. Let's move on.
              You're right, moving on.

Comment

• I realize this is a huge side-track, but nobody cares about the original topic anymore, so I hope it's fine... I'm transcribing one of my favourite recent songs here, just to show the type of messaging I identify with. It's aggressive and bold, but it's also intelligent.

I just wanted to show you the type of 'bigotry' and 'racism' that I jive with. I'm sure the intolerant right would deem these lyrics hideous and despicable and disgusting and anti-American, and on and on and on... I don't believe he's inciting hatred or violence, I would hope that seeing it written out would give you an idea of the overall picture. Saying "fuck" anything isn't hateful or bigoted (as I interpret it here), it's just a statement of dissent against unjust and undemocratic systems of power. He gives all the reasons for his statements of dissent.

Kool A.D. - "No Longer At Ease"

fuck the flag
                fuck the anthem
                fuck America
                fuck cops
                fuck the military, yo
                fuck you if you ain't a great Native American chief
                genocide, slavery
                imperial war machines
                co-intel, pro-Vietnam Contra
                DAPL, Flynt, Iraq, Afghanistan, man
                Israel, Palestine
                The prison industrial complex
                Ain't no debatin', you would say is a monster
                Murdering millions abroad
                Dropping bombs, anonymous
                Drones, no pilots
                Homes blown into oblivion
                Women and children, gone, dead
                Disappeared, they givin' you fear
                Call it democracy
                Dog it's hypocrisy, lies
                Pure bullshit
                Terror and nonsense
                Shootin' us dead in the streets,
                it's no peace
                It's all beastly devilish
                Hellish landscapes of insanity
                Evil banality
                Academic theory, cold mutant screams
                Nightmares polluting the dreams
                The noose and the demon clot
                Ain't no time for apology
                Barely even time for reparations
                We need freedom, that's obvious
                The question is 'how?'
                The answer is 'any means possible right now'
                Ain't got time for philosophizing
                Federali tappin' Verizon
                Establishment shoes is outnumbered
                They time is up
                They scared enough, wisen up, flex on 'em
                Make 'em shift like the tectonic
                It's only natural
                Peace is eventual
                Love is a caste of cold livin' that they rained down hell,
                so we give 'em that back for the sake of the heavenly movement
                Revolutionary mindsets, showin' improvement
                with each and every action
                For surely heavy stackin', 'n ready for action
                It's cold in the streets, it's a warzone
                War is perpetual
                Subliminal, vivid the idiocy
                How we get rid of it?
                Listen to the inner visions of your sole circumstance
                If you ain't get it, go burn a police car
                I said it hunnit times, I meant it every time
                That's the boldest and the rarest art
                Embrace your pedestrian aspects
                Activate yourself in the street
                Collaborate the theories of the mind with physical action, the actual
                Cool yellow-black man, rappin to you
                Heard it from a lotta OG's that came previous too
                The game too deviant
                Shame how we never seem to learn and stay changin' along with us
                Dog, I'm just kickin' freestyles to cope with it
                Smoke a bit
                Music is a joke, but it's beautiful, yo
                What's the meanin' of life on earth?
                They fucked up the whole shit,
                now they tryin' to build rockets to get the fuck off it?
                Stop it with that nonsense
                Scarcity's a mythical concept, invented to starve kids,
                women and men, simple and plain
                It ain't a misunderstanding, shit
                They ain't fittin' to listen if we give 'em a list of demands,
                so quit askin', start takin'
                This goes far beyond the art-makin'
                They abstractify the label and resource,
                Steal away the earth's abundance,
                and still got the fuckin' nerve to go to church on Sunday?
                Fuck it though, church is the origin of money anyway
                The temple: tax tokens, symbols of debt
                They ain't God, they ain't deserve respect
                Hang the fuckin' white devil-man from his dirty ass neck
                This whole demon ideology, toxic
                Fallacies, based on a giggle and a cough in the darkness
                Gimme the light, yo, spark it
                I'm spittin' these darts, no targets, no darts even
                The paradox of the heart bleedin' out in the street
                That's reality, juice
                The power be the sourly fruit
                All they think about is how we recoup
                They got the game backwards
                Strange actors, always running through scripts that's ancient
                Boppin' they head to the playlist
                Arranged by derangement, and made the slave ships
                Yo, this whole fuckin' country was made by the slaves,
                quick, riddle me this: who owns that then?
                Same slaves that made it, second that they slay the slave-driver
                The logic is bulletproof
                Every last historical moment is filibustering,
                never could they ever escape the inevitable rebellion
                They neck be good as on the block already
                Real hip-hop, kill 'em, guillotine chop already
                Peace Allah, jah jah, Machiavelli
                (Spanish bit...)
                Still, it's 'fuck the cops' though...

I spent waaaaaay too long transcribing all of that, so I need a break now, but I hope some find it at least enlightening as to how common anti-police messaging is in hip-hop, and how it's not bigotry to express that, but I'm spent. Cheers if anybody reads it.

Comment

I realize this is a huge side-track, but nobody cares about the original topic anymore, so I hope it's fine... I'm transcribing one of my favourite recent songs here, just to show the type of messaging I identify with. It's aggressive and bold, but it's also intelligent.

I just wanted to show you the type of 'bigotry' and 'racism' that I jive with. I'm sure the intolerant right would deem these lyrics hideous and despicable and disgusting and anti-American, and on and on and on... I don't believe he's inciting hatred or violence, I would hope that seeing it written out would give you an idea of the overall picture. Saying "fuck" anything isn't hateful or bigoted (as I interpret it here), it's just a statement of dissent against unjust and undemocratic systems of power. He gives all the reasons for his statements of dissent.
                  So the whole "Let's move on" you posted above was what? Just a farce? Well played.... I guess....

Comment

So the whole "Let's move on" you posted above was what? Just a farce? Well played.... I guess....
                    I'm seeking to back up my opinion that making anti-police statements isn't bigoted, via sharing a song by a black artist.

If it's too upsetting for you, well, you've made it clear that you literally don't respect my opinion on this issue. You think I'm bigoted and disgusting. You've said it all before, and never apologized for your litany of insults, you stand by them. So if you don't have anything new to bring to the discussion, you're just flaming and trolling. Kindly stay on topic and address the lyrics, or STFU.

Comment

I'm seeking to back up my opinion that making anti-police statements isn't bigoted, via sharing a song by a black artist.
                      You had said you were moving on, I'm not sure why you are revisiting it again, I thought you wanted to move on but okay.

If it's too upsetting for you
                      Who said anything about being upsetting? Earlier you were all about safe spaces, now you are thinking that your opinions are "too upsetting"? No one is "upset". This is an information exchange. Calm down before you blow an artery, man! You seem to be taking this forum a little too heavily. It's not the end of the world to find out someone else has a different viewpoint than you.

well, you've made it clear that you literally don't respect my opinion on this issue. You think I'm bigoted and disgusting. You've said it all before, and never apologized for your litany of insults, you stand by them. So if you don't have anything new to bring to the discussion, you're just flaming and trolling.
                      I thought the opinions you were spreading were disgusting, but I'm pretty sure I intimated on multiple occasions that you were literally better than that. I do apologize if you took it personally, the intent was to criticize the opinion, not you personally but I certainly could have crossed the line and I apologize if I did so.

Kindly stay on topic and address the lyrics, or STFU.
                      Huh? How is it off topic to ask why you aren't moving on? This thread isn't about your lyrics, and there's no reason to try to control replies just because you don't like them. There's plenty to discuss outside of those lyrics, and it's certainly relevant if you say you want to move on and then just a few posts later you are back on the same topic again. Trying to silence disagreement by telling people to stick to your particular viewpoint or shutup is ... odd to say the least.

Comment

You had said you were moving on, I'm not sure why you are revisiting it again, I thought you wanted to move on but okay.

Who said anything about being upsetting? Earlier you were all about safe spaces, now you are thinking that your opinions are "too upsetting"? No one is "upset". This is an information exchange. Calm down before you blow an artery, man! You seem to be taking this forum a little too heavily. It's not the end of the world to find out someone else has a different viewpoint than you.

I thought the opinions you were spreading were disgusting, but I'm pretty sure I intimated on multiple occasions that you were literally better than that. I do apologize if you took it personally, the intent was to criticize the opinion, not you personally but I certainly could have crossed the line and I apologize if I did so.

Huh? How is it off topic to ask why you aren't moving on? This thread isn't about your lyrics, and there's no reason to try to control replies just because you don't like them. There's plenty to discuss outside of those lyrics, and it's certainly relevant if you say you want to move on and then just a few posts later you are back on the same topic again. Trying to silence disagreement by telling people to stick to your particular viewpoint or shutup is ... odd to say the least.
                        Either talk about the song, or dont. This personal stuff is boring, and I wont be drawn into it again. Cheers.

Comment

Either talk about the song, or dont. This personal stuff is boring, and I wont be drawn into it again. Cheers.
                          That is not true. You just made it very personal in another thread.

Comment

This thread isn't about a song. Why do you think you drive the conversation? That kind of narcissism is ugly on you. Do better.

Comment

This thread isn't about a song. Why do you think you drive the conversation? That kind of narcissism is ugly on you. Do better.
                              I tried to bring it back to the original topic by posting about the attack in Quebec with the nailgun, and it hasn't gotten a single response.

I deduced that nobody gives a shit about the topic anymore. We only want to display our white fragility by finding grievance with the word "whitey", or grievance with the term "fuck the police"... I thought that's where the thread had moved to, so I tried to engage in what you're mostly interested in. Pretty far from "narcissistic".

Comment

I tried to bring it back to the original topic by posting about the attack in Quebec with the nailgun, and it hasn't gotten a single response.
                                Who cares? There are thousands of posts on this forum that get no response. Is your ego tied to getting responses?

I deduced that nobody gives a shit about the topic anymore. We only want to display our white fragility by finding grievance with the word "whitey", or grievance with the term "fuck the police"... I thought that's where the thread had moved to, so I tried to engage in what you're mostly interested in. Pretty far from "narcissistic".
                                Quite the opposite. How narcissistic do you need to be to try to censor people from talking about anything other than a particular song just because you posted some lyrics. There are other topics anyone can talk about. Enough with the bullshit trying to censor anything you don't like and telling people to STFU if they aren't discussing the topic you prefer. Seriously, we can talk about whatever the hell we want and your attempts to silence opposition are ugly, and telling.

Feel free to talk about your white fragility though if you'd like to.

Comment

Working...
                                X