No announcement yet.

#___ingwhileblack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First she blocked his entry to the St. Louis building, demanding proof that he lived there. Then she followed him. And then the police showed up.

Another racist getting justice.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
      That dude handled that gal so much better than I would have. The age of cell phone videos has really helped highlight thus behavior, which I think is a good thing for our society to be able to take a hard look at. The fact that she followed him to his apartment, saw him open it, saw him calmly give her his name and politely told her while showing her she was wrong to do that, and then STILL CALLED THE POLICE ON HIM is the worst part for me. But I've already made that point before. So many are so clueless about how horrible and potentially dangerous it us to escalate their petty racism and biases to the level of calling the police. It takes it to another level.

Comment

• Today's Episode:

A white woman was captured on video calling the cops on a 9-year-old black child who she claimed grabbed her butt in a Brooklyn bodega, an accusation that outraged locals — and caused the kid to burst into tears.

“I want the cops here right now!” the woman, who identifies herself as a Flatbush resident named Teresa Klein, can be heard demanding over the phone. “The son grabbed my a– and she decided to yell at me.”

A white woman was captured on video calling the cops on a 9-year-old black child who she claimed grabbed her butt in a Brooklyn bodega, an accusation that outraged locals — and caused the kid to bu…

Comment

• Today's Episode:

"A white woman called the cops on a black father at his child’s soccer game — claiming he yelled at the referee, when he was actually just cheering on his son, according to local reports.

Two other women who were at the teen match in Ponte Vedro, Fla., over the weekend took videos and posted about the incident on Facebook — uploading images of the field marshal who called the police, showing her sitting in a blue golfcart with a phone to her ear and nicknaming her “Golfcart Gail.”

“A parent at my son’s soccer game had the police called on him for cheering for his son during the game,” posted Ginger Galore Williams, with the header “Soccer While Black.”

The unnamed dad had yelled “The ref is right!” when he saw his kid was frustrated by a call, but “Golfcart Gail” took offense, Williams said.

“[She] decided to spring into action and rapidly approach this parent and remind him that harassment would not be tolerated. He informed her that he was only speaking to his son,” Williams posted.

The dad offered to leave with his wife to avoid a scene, but “Golfcart Gail” informed him she was calling the cops “because she no longer felt safe with his threatening behavior,” according to Williams."

A white woman called the cops on a black father at his child’s soccer game — claiming he yelled at the referee, when he was actually just cheering on his son, according to local reports. Two …

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            Today's Episode:

"A white woman called the cops on a black father at his child’s soccer game — claiming he yelled at the referee, when he was actually just cheering on his son, according to local reports.

Two other women who were at the teen match in Ponte Vedro, Fla., over the weekend took videos and posted about the incident on Facebook — uploading images of the field marshal who called the police, showing her sitting in a blue golfcart with a phone to her ear and nicknaming her “Golfcart Gail.”

“A parent at my son’s soccer game had the police called on him for cheering for his son during the game,” posted Ginger Galore Williams, with the header “Soccer While Black.”

The unnamed dad had yelled “The ref is right!” when he saw his kid was frustrated by a call, but “Golfcart Gail” took offense, Williams said.

“[She] decided to spring into action and rapidly approach this parent and remind him that harassment would not be tolerated. He informed her that he was only speaking to his son,” Williams posted.

The dad offered to leave with his wife to avoid a scene, but “Golfcart Gail” informed him she was calling the cops “because she no longer felt safe with his threatening behavior,” according to Williams."

https://nypost.com/2018/10/17/golfca...s-soccer-game/
            Insanity mixed with racism is a terrible thing.

Would it be ok for white people to punch her?

Comment

• Again, the entitlement with weaponizing the police. Yes, at the root of these incidents is often racism, but another issue is just the whole attitude toward what the police should be and do in our society. Every little freaking thing--call the police! Folks can't handle conflict anymore on their own. It is infantile, and when you mix that with racism and entitlement, it is dangerous. But even devoid of racial motives, just the knee jerk reaction to bring the police into non-violent situations is just pathetic to me. Oh my God, someone raised their voice, call 911!!!!!! Someone is selling water, call 911!!!! Someone doesn't look like me, and is coming toward me, I feel unsafe, call 911!!!! Fucking pathetic.

Comment

• Kids from the mid 80's forward have not been taught conflict resolution. They didnt play in groups of kids that had to determine if the guy at first base was safe or out on a close play. They were taught that if there is a problem - go find someone to take care of it for them. If some one says something or does something to hurt you during recess, go find a teacher or monitor and they will deal with it.

Kids were taught "Stranger Danger" as a means of trying to keep the kids protected.

Much of this came about due to a couple Nationally publicized child abduction cases. One in NY and another in MN. The MN case - Jacob Wetterling - is one I am more familiar with as I grew up there. The Wetterling case occurred in 1989 - and it instantly changed how parents protected their children. Schools changed their programs and now we have over supervised, organized activities for all kids before, during and after school.
                It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• There was also one in Nebraska. But blaming greater oversight of school children is way off the mark. These are simply awful people; they are to blame.
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

There was also one in Nebraska. But blaming greater oversight of school children is way off the mark. These are simply awful people; they are to blame.
                    There are definitely some awful people - I dont discount that. There are however a great many young adults that have not been taught how to conflict resolve short of finding an "authority" figure to mediate the problem. Greater oversight isnt just in the schools. Growing up did you ever have a "play date"? I didnt, we went outside, road our bikes to wherever and played ball or other games. If there was a close play - we all figured it out. Many kids and young adults just were never taught or learned to do it - they were always told to get a teacher or a parent or someone in charge.

Yep - there are bad people out there. There are also people out there that cant manage conflict at all.
                    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                    Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
                      There are definitely some awful people - I dont discount that. There are however a great many young adults that have not been taught how to conflict resolve short of finding an "authority" figure to mediate the problem. Greater oversight isnt just in the schools. Growing up did you ever have a "play date"? I didnt, we went outside, road our bikes to wherever and played ball or other games. If there was a close play - we all figured it out. Many kids and young adults just were never taught or learned to do it - they were always told to get a teacher or a parent or someone in charge.

Yep - there are bad people out there. There are also people out there that cant manage conflict at all.
                      I did not let me kids play outside the way was allowed to play. My daughter does not let her son play outside the way she did. It sad but that is the way that it is. There are too many bad people out there.

Comment

There was also one in Nebraska. But blaming greater oversight of school children is way off the mark. These are simply awful people; they are to blame.
                        But how did they become awful is the question that is interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                          I did not let me kids play outside the way was allowed to play. My daughter does not let her son play outside the way she did. It sad but that is the way that it is. There are too many bad people out there.
                          I know of no data that agrees with you (but welcome evidence to the contrary. in fact, it would seem that the prevalence of store cameras, cell phones, and amber alerts means it is FAR more difficult to abduct a child now compared to 30-40 years ago.

but perception is reality.
                          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
                            Kids from the mid 80's forward have not been taught conflict resolution. They didnt play in groups of kids that had to determine if the guy at first base was safe or out on a close play. They were taught that if there is a problem - go find someone to take care of it for them. If some one says something or does something to hurt you during recess, go find a teacher or monitor and they will deal with it.

Kids were taught "Stranger Danger" as a means of trying to keep the kids protected.

Much of this came about due to a couple Nationally publicized child abduction cases. One in NY and another in MN. The MN case - Jacob Wetterling - is one I am more familiar with as I grew up there. The Wetterling case occurred in 1989 - and it instantly changed how parents protected their children. Schools changed their programs and now we have over supervised, organized activities for all kids before, during and after school.
                            The one in NYC was Etan Patz and happened in 1979, when I was 9 years old. I grew up there and walked 15 blocks by myself to school in 1980-1981. I'm not saying it's wrong, but I'm not buying this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                              I know of no data that agrees with you (but welcome evidence to the contrary. in fact, it would seem that the prevalence of store cameras, cell phones, and amber alerts means it is FAR more difficult to abduct a child now compared to 30-40 years ago.

I agree with Judge Jude. I don't think there is more danger for unsupervised children now than there was 20, 30 or 40 years ago, just a greater perception of danger and a greater level of cultural agreement/norming that says it's the parents' job to actively supervise/protect their kids against those risks that have always existed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post

I have no stats to back up my perception. I also would welcome you to provide stats that times are better/safer (I could use some good news).

In the last two months there have been two murders with in 1.5 miles of my house. The last one yesterday about 6 blocks from my house.

I also think that I posted last year that a bomb maker was arrested 1/2 block away.

I never had any of this in my life growing up.

This is my reality. I admit it may play some on my perception.

Comment

Working...
                                X