#___ingwhileblack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
    Probably so - no need to use racist terms like that.
    OH MY GOD, GO FIND A SAFE SPACE YOU DAMN CRYBABIES WHO WANT TO DEFEND ANONYMOUS RACISTS!!!

OKAY, WHITEY?!

Gee, chancellor, there sure seems to be a lot of crybaby aggrieved white folks in here! Almost seems like a cultural thing, eh?
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
      OH MY GOD, GO FIND A SAFE SPACE YOU DAMN CRYBABIES WHO WANT TO DEFEND ANONYMOUS RACISTS!!!

OKAY, WHITEY?!

Gee, chancellor, there sure seems to be a lot of crybaby aggrieved white folks in here! Almost seems like a cultural thing, eh?
      No one is defending racists. I was surprised to see a slur used on this website.
      More capitals and exclamation points don’t strengthen your argument, especially when it’s a straw man.

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
        No one is defending racists. I was surprised to see a slur used on this website.
        More capitals and exclamation points don’t strengthen your argument, especially when it’s a straw man.
        "Whitey" is an offensive racial slur to you, you really seriously are advocating for a safe space from reading the word "whitey"?!!!

Wow, you triggered right wingers are pathetic crybabies.
        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

OKAY, WHITEY?!

Come on Jesse, how does this help anything?

For a lefty, you sound like the worst examples of a righties.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            Come on Jesse, how does this help anything?

For a lefty, you sound like the worst examples of a righties.
            Gregg, you avoid my primary question.

Why the hell do you or anybody else here think you deserve a safe space from the term "Whitey"?!

You lack a basic understanding of racism. Other offensive terms for people of different races are used to point of their MINORITY STATUS... you follow me? So calling someone a ni**er for example, is saying "I'm genetically superior to you, I call the shots around here." It's not even remotely close to the same thing for a white person to be called "whitey", because its merely a reminder of that person's advantages within the social hierarchy.

When it was used here, it was used in talking about a racist trashy person. So nobody here was referred to as "whitey", and yet the over the top aggrievement, and calls to discontinue "racist language" strike me as disingenuous.

Please explain how white people have been historically oppressed through the use of the term "whitey". Were you offended when you saw Richard Pryor use the term in the 70's, in front of audiences of people of all races laughing along?

It's honestly just more what-about-ism, trying to obfuscate the point by taking aggrievement over something unrelated.

Comment

Gregg, you avoid my primary question.

Why the hell do you or anybody else here think you deserve a safe space from the term "Whitey"?!

You lack a basic understanding of racism. Other offensive terms for people of different races are used to point of their MINORITY STATUS... you follow me? So calling someone a ni**er for example, is saying "I'm genetically superior to you, I call the shots around here." It's not even remotely close to the same thing for a white person to be called "whitey", because its merely a reminder of that person's advantages within the social hierarchy.

When it was used here, it was used in talking about a racist trashy person. So nobody here was referred to as "whitey", and yet the over the top aggrievement, and calls to discontinue "racist language" strike me as disingenuous.

Please explain how white people have been historically oppressed through the use of the term "whitey". Were you offended when you saw Richard Pryor use the term in the 70's, in front of audiences of people of all races laughing along?

It's honestly just more what-about-ism, trying to obfuscate the point by taking aggrievement over something unrelated.
              Uh nope, it is about your over reacting, self righteous, angry name calling posts. You try to defend your position and get others who are leaning left to gang up on anybody who disagrees with or leans even a little to the right.

I could care less about the term whitey. It means nothing to me. I don't need a safe place.

You do think you seem to know me or about me at least enough to say "You lack a basic understanding of racism." You have no idea who or what I am. Your comment is ignorant and offensive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                Uh nope, it is about your over reacting, self righteous, angry name calling posts. You try to defend your position and get others who are leaning left to gang up on anybody who disagrees with or leans even a little to the right.

I could care less about the term whitey. It means nothing to me. I don't need a safe place.

You do think you seem to know me or about me at least enough to say "You lack a basic understanding of racism." You have no idea who or what I am. Your comment is ignorant and offensive.
                I have a lack of decorum set aside for disingenuous posters who want to derail the racism thread by posting their aggrievement over the term "whitey". You got me!

The fact that I get pissed off by these folks is me saying I've had enough of the damn crybaby act. Mileage will vary.

Gregg, we're on equal footing in terms of knowing about each other. The reason I said you lack a basic understanding of racism is that you fail to address the main issue. You say you dont care one way or another about the term "whitey"... but you fail to back up the assertion that its "racist language". Please address the facts at hand and set aside your personal aggrievement, just debate the point instead.

Comment

I have a lack of decorum set aside for disingenuous posters who want to derail the racism thread by posting their aggrievement over the term "whitey". You got me!

The fact that I get pissed off by these folks is me saying I've had enough of the damn crybaby act. Mileage will vary.

Gregg, we're on equal footing in terms of knowing about each other. The reason I said you lack a basic understanding of racism is that you fail to address the main issue. You say you dont care one way or another about the term "whitey"... but you fail to back up the assertion that its "racist language". Please address the facts at hand and set aside your personal aggrievement, just debate the point instead.
                  So what. I get angry at the way you talk to your RJ brothers. Do you care?

These folks?!! Really.

There is no debate to argue. Racism is wrong. Your angry name calling or post yelling does not promote meaningful conversation.

Comment

What the heck are you talking about "safe space"? You introduced that to the conversation, no one else needed or requested one.

But is this your response when abusive language goes the other way? If the story was flipped would you be okay calling him "blackey" I know I would not.

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                    You lack a basic understanding of racism. Other offensive terms for people of different races are used to point of their MINORITY STATUS.
                    It's not about minority status, it is about anyone thinking their race is superior. That race can be a majority race (and it is most of the time), but it can also be a minority race.

.. you follow me? So calling someone a ni**er for example, is saying "I'm genetically superior to you, I call the shots around here."
                    That is a despicable, despicable word. Primarily because it infers judgement based on race, but also because of the historical context.

It's not even remotely close to the same thing for a white person to be called "whitey"
                    Due to the historical context I completely agree with you, they are not remotely close. One is much, much worse than the other, not in the same stratosphere.
                    But unfortunately they are both racially charged. They both identify and judge based solely on race.

OK, so lets flip it since you think that a race based term was appropriate since the person himself was racist. So lets assume that two minorities of different races are going at it, and one of them is putting the other down due to the color of their skin. Should we then refer to that individual with a race or skin toned term? Personally I'd find that repulsive.

The fact that the aggressor in the story was racist does not, to me at least, give us free reign to then use racial language against him.

Please explain how white people have been historically oppressed through the use of the term "whitey".
                    Historical oppression is not a prerequisite for racism though.

Were you offended when you saw Richard Pryor use the term in the 70's, in front of audiences of people of all races laughing along?
                    I don't think we want to get into that type discussion, there was a lot that went on in the 70's that's unacceptable now.

No one is trying to avoid the point, the concern is that using racially charged terms when admonishing racists is counter productive. You are 100x better than the asshat in the original story, don't stoop to their level, even on something as small as an identifying term.

Comment

What the heck are you talking about "safe space"? You introduced that to the conversation, no one else needed or requested one.

But is this your response when abusive language goes the other way? If the story was flipped would you be okay calling him "blackey" I know I would not.

It's not about minority status, it is about anyone thinking their race is superior. That race can be a majority race (and it is most of the time), but it can also be a minority race.

That is a despicable, despicable word. Primarily because it infers judgement based on race, but also because of the historical context.

Due to the historical context I completely agree with you, they are not remotely close. One is much, much worse than the other, not in the same stratosphere.
                      But unfortunately they are both racially charged. They both identify and judge based solely on race.

OK, so lets flip it since you think that a race based term was appropriate since the person himself was racist. So lets assume that two minorities of different races are going at it, and one of them is putting the other down due to the color of their skin. Should we then refer to that individual with a race or skin toned term? Personally I'd find that repulsive.

The fact that the aggressor in the story was racist does not, to me at least, give us free reign to then use racial language against him.

Historical oppression is not a prerequisite for racism though.

I don't think we want to get into that type discussion, there was a lot that went on in the 70's that's unacceptable now.

No one is trying to avoid the point, the concern is that using racially charged terms when admonishing racists is counter productive. You are 100x better than the asshat in the original story, don't stoop to their level, even on something as small as an identifying term.
                      "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                      - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                      - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• Classy white cub fan hurling racist slurs, then going after the guy filming it, with white security guards standing idly by. Hopefully the Cubs identify this fuckhead and ban him for life.

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• By the way, those of you who are posting about racism against white people really don't understand racism in our country.
                          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                          - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                            By the way, those of you who are posting about racism against white people really don't understand racism in our country.
                            Is this in reference to me?

Comment

Is this in reference to me?
                              Considering you posted about racism against the majority race (i.e., white people), yes. ITC posting "good thread" in response means I was responding to him as well.
                              - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                                Considering you posted about racism against the majority race (i.e., white people), yes. I believe someone else did as well.
                                I made the infamous ‘whitey? ‘ post. I found it ironic that someone who posts about all the racial strife Trump has unleashed, would use a racial slur to do it. It doesn’t mean I am supporting racism or that I am claiming victim hood status or any of the other nonsense you guys are trying to manufacture so you can ride in on your white horse and virtue signal away.

Comment

Working...
                                X