2018 Midterm Election Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
    I will take you at your word. I'm just suggesting that you won't achieve your goal with the approach you attempted. other feedback may have helped confirm that - as well as the dwindling number of posters in the RJ sector.
    I'd posit that the dwindling number of posters in the sports bar align quite closely with the dwindling number of members of RJ as a whole. It's not anywhere close to where it used to be at it's peak, and like all things, I suspect that it has a finite life span.

And if you think that things are contentious now...man, you missed the old days with Doig, ELD, Sporer, and a handful of other flame throwers. THOSE were some interesting times.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
      I was just addressing this from nots, "But again, I will anxiously await any negative post about the blue team from you. Looking forward to being proven wrong." and I thought it was the most harmless point as I have a bunch of more critical responses re: that article but slapped my own hand, though I am comforted that the hamster wheel patiently waits. I remembered democrats being generally critical of Franken, who was very popular, as well as effective, imo a rising star, wasnt trying to speak for you Bernie.
      Understood. I have to use the simley face thingy more often. I wasn’t intending to call you out so much as maybe offer a faint defense of Horns with Nots. I do remember though that Horns was on Franken immediately and that stuck me as a bad thing if were I on the blue team because of how maddening he was to me and therefore effective for the Dems. Any way, like I said to Horns, I “try” to call balls and strikes as I see em. But you know the other part... if I don’t see em, I make em up. I’m actually not sure I ever said that to Horns but he owes me one so...
      Last edited by Bernie Brewer; 05-11-2018, 07:34 PM.
      I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
        Understood. I have to use the simley face thingy more often. I wasn’t intending to call you out so much as maybe offer a faint defense of Horns with Nots. I do remember though that Horns was on Franken immediately and that stuck me as a bad thing if were I on the blue team because of how maddening he was to me and therefore effective for the Dems. Any way, like I said to Horns, I “try” to call balls and strikes as I see em. But you know the other part... if I don’t see em, I make em up. I’m actually not sure I ever said that to Horns but he owes me one so...
        Bernie, if you said it to me once, you said it to me a thousand times...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
          Bernie, if you said it to me once, you said it to me a thousand times...
          I know, right? That’s what I’ve been saying.
          I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

I'd posit that the dwindling number of posters in the sports bar align quite closely with the dwindling number of members of RJ as a whole.
            well, that strikes me as a little...... convenient.

sure, the overall number is way down as well - but it wouldn't kill you to consider whether your approach is conducive to constructive dialogue. and YES, many more inflammatory posters drove even more posters away previously.

but driving fewer posters away than them doesn't seem like a feather in anyone's cap
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

well, that strikes me as a little...... convenient.

sure, the overall number is way down as well - but it wouldn't kill you to consider whether your approach is conducive to constructive dialogue. and YES, many more inflammatory posters drove even more posters away previously.

but driving fewer posters away than them doesn't seem like a feather in anyone's cap
              Sure it's convenient, the truth ofttimes is.

I have no idea what your issue with my posting style may be, but I have solid dialogue with Chance, Bernie, Feral Slasher and others who tend to skew right rather than left. They give as good as they get, and I doubt that at the end of the day anyone loses any sleep over things said here. People leave or stay on their own accord...nobody is pushing them out.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

I have no idea what your issue with my posting style may be
                now THAT one I struggle with

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

Sure it's convenient, the truth ofttimes is.

I have no idea what your issue with my posting style may be, but I have solid dialogue with Chance, Bernie, Feral Slasher and others who tend to skew right rather than left. They give as good as they get, and I doubt that at the end of the day anyone loses any sleep over things said here. People leave or stay on their own accord...nobody is pushing them out.
                  This.

If people leave because their feelings are hurt, then that's on them.
                  "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                    This.

Boy, with an inviting and affirming attitude like this, you’d think you’d be a Republican, based on many of your comments and ongoing distain for all things Trump and Republican. . Before anyone overreacts, it’s sarcasm! (Did I do that right?)

Ronald Reagan

Comment

Boy, with an inviting and affirming attitude like this, you’d think you’d be a Republican, based on many of your comments and ongoing distain for all things Trump and Republican.
                      I'm not quite sure what this post means. Sorry.

Not all things! I'm Conservative on some issues. But as a party the GOP blows. If you're a well-to-do white dude, the GOP rocks, otherwise not so much.
                      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

I'm not quite sure what this post means. Sorry.

Not all things! I'm Conservative on some issues. But as a party the GOP blows. If you're a well-to-do white dude, the GOP rocks, otherwise not so much.
                        Define “well-to-do”, because YMMV! A guy in Po’dunk Idaho making $100,000 is King. A guy in New York is scrambling to find a roommate.
                        Last edited by Bernie Brewer; 05-12-2018, 09:58 AM.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

Define “well-to-do”, because YMMV! A guy in Po’dunk Idaho making $100,000 is King. A guy in New York is scrambling to find a roommate.
                          I think that a lot of people are going to find out with this years taxes if they're "well to do" or not...gonna be VERY interesting to see who get's squeezed for 2018, and who does well.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

This.

you'd make an excellent businessman!

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

you'd make an excellent businessman!
                              Nah, i'm not too lazy to be a successful businessman!

Comment

I think that a lot of people are going to find out with this years taxes if they're "well to do" or not...gonna be VERY interesting to see who get's squeezed for 2018, and who does well.
                                A few posts earlier it was already decided that Nancy Pelosi will fix it for everyone when the blue wave crash’s upon the rocky shoreline.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

Working...
                                X