2018 Midterm Election Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
    Ken, I'll say it plainly, I respect your baseball analytic knowledge and nothing else about you. I don't know you, but I don't like the person that you present yourself as here.
    Interesting that you didn't address the post you quoted and reverted back to personal attacks instead. That's fine, I don't know you from Adam and couldn't honestly care less what you think of me. In fact, I suspect that the fact that you don't like me in all honesty is a complement in the real sense of the word.

Based on the smug remarks about your intelligent friends as you compare them to the people who post here who you put in only a negative light, you would not be much fun to be around. I could not imagine living life that way, with such a smug self-centered attitude. But as they say, whatever floats your boat. I'm sure it works for you and yours!

It does make me chuckle that you responded that way to a post where I noted that the inability for people to perceive life through the lens of others. I think you demonstrated the example of the problems we face now quite succinctly! Thank you for the quick example of a life I would never want to be like. It's helpful to have that kind of view expressed as a demonstration of how NOT to live your life so that others can stay on course. Keep being you Fresno Bob.

Comment

and in many ways, this is my greatest flaw, taking pleasure in the pathetic characters of this place. I've met many of you in person, but a good chunk of you I have zero interest in meeting, as you are like cartoon characters to me, sad clowns mostly, but cartoons of sad lonely selfish angry passed-by manchildren. It is a weakness of mine that I take pleasure in your pathetic babblings. Harsh, sure, but true. Those that have met me know that I am exactly the person I present here. I only write in my true voice, and if many of you do as well, I feel for you and those close to you.
      so much here, but I'll just note that Redbirds Fan is a retired liberal judge who made a couple of observations after you did. spoiler alert: don't assume they are compliments.

any introspection at all, a day later? am trying to offer an opportunity here.
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• but there isn't a lot here. a few general observations made and in retrospect would've toned back. and even if not, i don't see what the big deal is. we all rant once in a while. if anyone thinks there was some truth get over it. if you don't then forget it. wasn't even directed at anyone. it was an ok rant. i've seen better. i'd give it a 6.

i guess when you criticize people and they are sensitive about it means they value your opinion. or not. at least Ken seems to be ok. you'd think that after all the years everyone has been together here that we'd all be able to weather any storm.

now i think i am starting to worry about shit i've said over the years. i've wanted to apologize to Lucky. that was a shitty thing for me to do. i'm not just saying that. even if he doesn't care anymore i realized a lot, even at the time. i criticized him about something that was out of his control. i know because the same thing happened to me. i'm sorry. i mean it. and maybe he'll forgive me someday.

that''s my 3 part apology.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
          Wow, if you see this place as racially intolerant or half the things you posted above, you lead a very, very sheltered life. And it's honestly got to be a joke that you call your peer group diverse if you are as dumbfounded by opposing opinions as you seem to be.

The opinions expressed here are pretty mild relative to what's going on in the real world. The fact that you are so taken aback by the generally mild views is what's most surprising, actually. It suggests that those "diverse" peers you have likely aren't very diverse (and perhaps not as intelligent as you seem to think if they all just follow the crowd and none of them express individual, unique opinions).
          I stand by my rant, and don't find the views put out here as "pretty mild" from a group that is supposed to be intelligent at best, and at least analytical. I find the views of many here fundamentally selfish, as evident by the struggle Revo/Jason go through just to get the hosting fees covered. My peer group is diverse by age, immigration status, career choice, ethnicity etc, but what they all are is intelligent and unselfish with the gifts they have been given. I would not use that description with many of the people here.

We've never met, and I'm fine with that situation. I probably am the reigning champion of meeting Junkies in person, and would swap many of the people that have left here for many that have stayed. I agree, I don't think we would like each other if we met in person
          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
            so much here, but I'll just note that Redbirds Fan is a retired liberal judge who made a couple of observations after you did. spoiler alert: don't assume they are compliments.

any introspection at all, a day later? am trying to offer an opportunity here.
            I know exactly who Redbirds Fan is, and the observations I saw were "wow" and "wow pt 2". My rant was a while in coming, but I stand by it, I don't like the general tone of the Sports Bar, and the country in general, in fact I'm embarrassed by it as an American
            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
              but there isn't a lot here. a few general observations made and in retrospect would've toned back. and even if not, i don't see what the big deal is. we all rant once in a while. if anyone thinks there was some truth get over it. if you don't then forget it. wasn't even directed at anyone. it was an ok rant. i've seen better. i'd give it a 6.

i guess when you criticize people and they are sensitive about it means they value your opinion. or not. at least Ken seems to be ok. you'd think that after all the years everyone has been together here that we'd all be able to weather any storm.

now i think i am starting to worry about shit i've said over the years. i've wanted to apologize to Lucky. that was a shitty thing for me to do. i'm not just saying that. even if he doesn't care anymore i realized a lot, even at the time. i criticized him about something that was out of his control. i know because the same thing happened to me. i'm sorry. i mean it. and maybe he'll forgive me someday.

Nullie, you still are one of the top Junkies I'd like to meet in person

Comment

• CA 39 gets the call for Cisneros over Kim. Democrats officially at 232 and +37.

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                  but there isn't a lot here. a few general observations made and in retrospect would've toned back. and even if not, i don't see what the big deal is. we all rant once in a while. if anyone thinks there was some truth get over it. if you don't then forget it. wasn't even directed at anyone. it was an ok rant. i've seen better. i'd give it a 6.

Apology accepted and all forgiven. Thank you.
                  If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

I stand by my rant, and don't find the views put out here as "pretty mild"
                    In that case, again, it is clear you are very, very sheltered - there's much, much worse out there. You clearly have no idea. The lack of diverse opinions you surround yourself with explains some of the ridiculous posts you make.

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                    from a group that is supposed to be intelligent at best, and at least analytical.
                    Yeah, yeah we know, you and your friends are so intelligent and no one else here is. We get it, you have made that smug attitude more than obvious. Honestly at this point it's basically trolling, but please feel free to continue "staring into the abyss".

I find the views of many here fundamentally selfish, as evident by the struggle Revo/Jason go through just to get the hosting fees covered.
                    It is actually quite interesting that you'd equate the views and opinions of people with their discretionary income that they can contribute. But I guess it fits the storyline you've put forward here. Well to-do, holier than though. Makes sense.

Seems like since you are so fortunate and surrounded by peers with so much extra, that you'd just pay for it yourself? It isn't that expensive honestly.

My peer group is diverse by age, immigration status, career choice, ethnicity etc
                    You've stated this a few times. Here's a hint. No one cares about your peer group. Hope that helps.

but what they all are is intelligent and unselfish with the gifts they have been given. I would not use that description with many of the people here.
                    We know negative Nelly, you hate everyone here. The insufferable arrogance is dripping.

We've never met
                    Thank God

I probably am the reigning champion of meeting Junkies in person
                    Want a cookie?

Comment

• Ken, when you cut a post up into 7 separate points, you realize it starts to look like a hostage letter cut out of magazines, right?

I'm a veteran in the flame war game, just giving some tips.
                      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Nullie, you still are one of the top Junkies I'd like to meet in person
                        that's because i am a recluse. i even have my neighbor calling the building inspector, heh. everyone wants to meet the man on crazy mountain. but that's part of the charm. but once you meet me i won't be a recluse anymore.

Comment

• is it just me or does anyone else worry about sounding like they are using cut outs from magazines to write hostage letters. it seems like a really good idea at first, but it never fools the police. otherwise everyone would be doing it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                            Ken, when you cut a post up into 7 separate points, you realize it starts to look like a hostage letter cut out of magazines, right?

I'm a veteran in the flame war game, just giving some tips.
                            Nah, it actually just means you are directly in-line replying to individual points which is much easier to read when there are multiple topics. I'm on some technical forums (especially at work) where individual in-line replies are much more common than block paragraphs. Has nothing to do with the content and more to do with readability. But thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                              Nah, it actually just means you are directly in-line replying to individual points which is much easier to read when there are multiple topics. I'm on some technical forums (especially at work) where individual in-line replies are much more common than block paragraphs. Has nothing to do with the content and more to do with readability. But thanks!
                              "Want a cookie?!"

Mostly reads as you being a petty crybaby, but you're right, it reads much more concisely, thanks!
                              Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• If someone can't come up with $20 a year to support something that they spend a significant amount of time and energy towards due to actual hardship, then I seriously feel for them. I only mention my peer group to differentiate it from the RJ population of 40+ year old white men (of which I am, and would guess 95% of posters are as well)

Comment

Working...
                                X