This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
    BULLSHIT! Plain and simple. More complaining about how someone that doesnt agree with the left's line of thinking should have made the decision to be #imwithher in order to stop #makeamericagreatagain. Neither party represent me - why would I cast my vote for either of them.

No Sir - I didnt drop the ball here. I didnt even play your game.
    Great post BG. Proud libertarian here who doesn’t share the vision of either party. I enjoyed the Dems get crushed the last few cycles (particularly Clinton) and I also love the carnage Trump is inflicting on the GOP. 2018 is going to be a bloodbath for them—only question is will they beaten worse than Obama’s 2010 beatdown. I hope it’s a tie.

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post

No Sir - I didnt drop the ball here. I didnt even play your game.
      The Dems nominated a candidate who couldn't beat Donald Trump, but you let the ball go through your legs !! the Dems failed and they ought to own it and do better next time.
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      ---------------------------------------------
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Thats the problem with much of what I see on the leftist side - Lack of personal responsibility and accountability. (This is not a shot at anyone person here!!!) In general though I see that mantra played out more from the left than the right.
        It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
        Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Jesus, this is like a bunch of guys who play in Civil War reenactments...it's over, it's history, let it go...
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
            Jesus, this is like a bunch of guys who play in Civil War reenactments...it's over, it's history, let it go...
            You're right, it's over. But I will continue to point out this pro-Bernie bullshit whenever someone brings it up. I voted for him, but he turned out not to be a man of his word, a gutless wonder. I'll never trust him again.

It's easy to say "I hate all parties so I'm not going to play". But we're all in this regardless of whether we like it. Life hits the ball to us. We refuse to make the decision of whether to field it, we still get charged with the error. That's just the way it is. That's accountability and personal responsibilty for your ass.

Libertarians? Sheesh. Somebody tell me what the hell Libertarianism believes in and I will admit that it exists. People who "claim" to be Libertarians are as far apart on the spectrum in their beliefs as the GOP and the Democratic Party. If you don't have a core of beliefs, you might as well be Pastafarians.

I will assume that none of you will agree with this post.
            If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
              You're right, it's over. But I will continue to point out this pro-Bernie bullshit whenever someone brings it up. I voted for him, but he turned out not to be a man of his word, a gutless wonder. I'll never trust him again.

It's easy to say "I hate all parties so I'm not going to play". But we're all in this regardless of whether we like it. Life hits the ball to us. We refuse to make the decision of whether to field it, we still get charged with the error. That's just the way it is. That's accountability and personal responsibilty for your ass.

Libertarians? Sheesh. Somebody tell me what the hell Libertarianism believes in and I will admit that it exists. People who "claim" to be Libertarians are as far apart on the spectrum in their beliefs as the GOP and the Democratic Party. If you don't have a core of beliefs, you might as well be Pastafarians.

You are correct, I do not agree with your post.
              Hopefully, Hillary will run again for your sake. Third time is a charm I hear.
              I also don’t believe you voted for Sanders. Just like I didn’t believe Redbirds was a new poster. Let’s just say your track record is um.....spotty at best

Comment

LOL - You wont trust Bernie ever again... why? because he entered into the fray and then when "he lost" he played politics and salvaged what he had left in order to remain somewhat relevant. Poor guy likely got screwed over and if he was a man of his word he would have gone to bat against the big power that is the DNC...

As far as "I hate all parties so I'm not going to play" and being charged with the error. I respect that you see it that way. I really do. Unfortunately, your paradigm wont allow me the benefit of making a decision to vote for the person I thought best able to lead our country AND respected and represented much of my core values. In my accountability and personal responsibility ass - one is to vote for what they believe in!

You dont get the the fact that I dont view this process as a two sided coin. There are places where both sides can actually come together and agree. The other part of accepting this two sided coin is that you accept big government and allowing them to choose or provide what they think is best for you. I dont believe in a model that cedes my rights to the government.
                It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

I do not agree with this post. :|
                  "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• nots, sorry if it is obvious, but you think we have a secret santa in our midst? who do you think redbird is?

Comment

• RedBird, your analogy does work.

There were two teams that were playing, and many people took their ball and went home (either voting third party or not at all).

For someone who is pretty relativistic, your view of this being so black or white confuses me.
                      "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                      - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                      - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
                        your view of this being so black or white confuses me.
                        IF they aint for you - they are against you.

Comment

• Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
                          nots, sorry if it is obvious, but you think we have a secret santa in our midst? who do you think redbird is?
                          He used to post for several years under the name Lucky. He went on hiatus for several months (maybe a year, who can remember). Tried to pass himself off as a new poster upon his return last year, but it became painfully obvious who he was. He finally outed himself to the surprise of almost no one.

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                            He used to post for several years under the name Lucky. He went on hiatus for several months (maybe a year, who can remember). Tried to pass himself off as a new poster upon his return last year, but it became painfully obvious who he was. He finally outed himself to the surprise of almost no one.
                            I think you're leaving out an important detail - this was done due to him pursuing a position which might have put him in the public eye. You make it sound like it was done with some sort of malicious intent.
                            Last edited by TranaGreg; 12-20-2017, 06:27 PM.
                            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                              I think you're leaving out an important detail - this was done due to him pursing a position which might have put him in the public eye. You make it sound like it was done with some sort of malicious intent.
                              Good posting! - but may not be known to all and that context is important.

Just like you are from Canada.

Comment

I have no problem with you responding to these revisions to history, I have a problem with them constantly being brought up in the 1st place as if they were somehow relevant to what's happening today. It's Sean Hannity at it's finest. It has absolutely no bearing on what's happening in Washington today, none.
                                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                                -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                                X