This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
    The hearing was a tale of 2 cities. One side of aisle is interested in finding out about the unprecedented attack on our country, and the layers of ties within WH. Other, not so much, just want to talk leaks.
    Twitterverse:
    The house is on fire, Trump is running around with a box of matches, and the GOP demands to know who called the fire department.
    — Garry Kasparov
    Esteemed journalist Carl Bernstein said he knows, with 100% certainty, that some of these congressmen upset about these leaks were some of the best leakers of their time.

Comment

• So Jason, please tell me where the line of our social contract is in here?

Is it before or after being accusing someone of being racist?

Is is demeaning others intellect or positions or do you actually have to use "bad words"and if so can you provide a list of unacceptable words?

Is right before or after basically saying someone has no worth on this site because well, they contribute nothing, not even their 2 cents to the hat pass?

Please clarify what this line is and how I crossed it so that I don't Overstep and please do it here in public seeing as that's how you handled it in the first place rather than through PM.

Thanks.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• So, now there is an electronics ban on flights from certain countries. Nothing larger than a cell phone allowed.

Why is that? If it's really dangerous why not ban them on all flights?

Can't this administration see how discriminatory these policies are?

Rope

Comment

• Originally posted by Hodor View Post
          So, now there is an electronics ban on flights from certain countries. Nothing larger than a cell phone allowed.

Why is that? If it's really dangerous why not ban them on all flights?

Can't this administration see how discriminatory these policies are?

Rope
          Here ya go...

Official: Ban on electronics in carry-ons tracks back to 2016 bombing

Originally posted by CBS News
          WASHINGTON -- A new ban on most electronics in carry-ons on flights from eight mostly Middle Eastern and North African countries tracks back to a laptop bombing last year, a U.S. official says.

Since the laptop bombing of an airliner out of Mogadishu in February 2016, there has been an accumulation of intelligence that convinced analysts that al Qaeda has developed the capability to hide explosives in batteries of the size used in laptops and tablets, a U.S. official told CBS News national security correspondent David Martin.

For some time now, U.S. officials have been concerned about al Qaeda’s and the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria’s obsession with bringing down an airplane, CBS News justice and homeland security correspondent Jeff Pegues reported.

Now, the U.S. and British governments are barring passengers on some international flights from mostly Middle Eastern and North African countries from bringing laptops, tablets, electronic games and other devices on board in carry-on bags.

Passengers flying to the U.S. from 10 airports in eight countries will be allowed only cellphones and smartphones in the passenger cabins, senior Trump administration officials said. Larger electronic items must be checked.

The electronics ban affects flights from international airports to the U.S. from in Amman, Jordan; Kuwait City, Kuwait; Cairo; Istanbul; Jeddah and Riyadh, Saudi Arabia; Casablanca, Morocco; Doha, Qatar; and Dubai and Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates. About 50 flights a day, all on foreign carriers, will be affected. The officials said no U.S.-based airlines have nonstop flights from those cities to the United States.

The British security rules will apply to flights from Turkey, Lebanon, Jordan, Egypt, Tunisia and Saudi Arabia, and will bar passengers from some devices based on their size into the cabin. An official statement by the British Department for Transportsaid that phones, laptops and tablets larger than 16 cm long, 9.3 cm wide and 1.5 cm deep “will not be allowed in the cabin on selected flights to the UK from the countries affected.”

“Most smart phones fall within these limits and will continue to be allowed on board,” the statement said.
          "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
          "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
          "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
            So Jason, please tell me where the line of our social contract is in here?

Is it before or after being accusing someone of being racist?

Is is demeaning others intellect or positions or do you actually have to use "bad words"and if so can you provide a list of unacceptable words?

Is right before or after basically saying someone has no worth on this site because well, they contribute nothing, not even their 2 cents to the hat pass?

Please clarify what this line is and how I crossed it so that I don't Overstep and please do it here in public seeing as that's how you handled it in the first place rather than through PM.

Thanks.
            Go back to the thread on Ferguson and look at the slur he used at me. Never applogized

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
              I understand the concern, but its what we do for our presidents and their families. I think Melania and Barron will move to Washington over the summer, get back to me in Sept if they havent.
              Melania and Barron will be moving in June: http://www.vogue.com/article/melania...ouse-move-june
              "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Yeah, I read all this. My questions are still--Why from these and only these countries? It's flat out profiling. Any person who knows what they're doing will just find a way onto another airline and also, if they put an explosive in a laptop, can;t it do damage if it goes off in the baggage hold?
                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                  Go back to the thread on Ferguson and look at the slur he used at me. Never applogized
                  Que?

GITH - you can't go on calling people MF'ers on here. I don't care how angry you are

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                    Que?

GITH - you can't go on calling people MF'ers on here. I don't care how angry you are
                    Keep dancing on their graves, whitey

Comment

Que?

I called Trump a mofo, not anyone in here.

But if that's off limits, OK but please make sure we all know the off limit words and in the future, if you would, give us the courtesy of a pm to either allow us the opportunity to correct our own post or at least explain why you took action yourself.

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                        Keep dancing on their graves, whitey
                        I'm sorry for calling out your insensitive white privilege to yet another demonstration of excessive response by an officer. A slur would have been to call you a cracker or a klansman

Comment

I'm sorry for calling out your insensitive white privilege to yet another demonstration of excessive response by an officer. A slur would have been to call you a cracker or a klansman
                          Ok, whitey--thanks for the heads up. BTW--hands up don't shoot. Politico lie of the year.
                          Did you work the math out on those Trumps trips yet? Still at 33M? Dope

Comment

• Originally posted by Hodor View Post
                            I called Trump a mofo, not anyone in here.

But if that's off limits, OK but please make sure we all know the off limit words and in the future, if you would, give us the courtesy of a pm to either allow us the opportunity to correct our own post or at least explain why you took action yourself.

Thanks
                            I believe the exact words were "support this MF'er, you're an asshole or a (uncertain on the derogatory term here, but believe you said racist), or both"

That kind of thing doesn't need a PM heads up about inappropriateness, unless of course you're talking about RotoRooter

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                              Yeah, I read all this. My questions are still--Why from these and only these countries? It's flat out profiling. Any person who knows what they're doing will just find a way onto another airline and also, if they put an explosive in a laptop, can;t it do damage if it goes off in the baggage hold?
                              Of course it's profiling. The administration takes a different view of the efficacy and propriety of the profiling of perceived foreign threats than you do. I imagine they know that this won't stop every conceivable threat.
                              "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                              "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                              "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

I believe the exact words were "support this MF'er, you're an asshole or a (uncertain on the derogatory term here, but believe you said racist), or both"

That kind of thing doesn't need a PM heads up about inappropriateness, unless of course you're talking about RotoRooter
                                Asshole or a moron.

So pretty much all you get to decide what is insulting or over the line and what is not?

You've shown in the past (and possibly again) that you alone decide what's acceptable to post or be deleted but I don't believe you to be unbiased in your application of what is appropriate and what is not as I believe it depends on the person posting said inappropriate stuff.

I can list examples if you'd like or you can establish a policy that outlines what is appropriate and what is not, until then.. Unless you get a complaint from someone, please do not delete my posts, inform me and allow me to address it myself.

Otherwise just throw out the old 'this is my website and I'll do whatever I want to do' and we can all go about our business knowing where we stand.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                                X