This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nots View Post
    You would think her producer or someone at the network would have tamped the hype down as soon as they saw how favorable the return was to Trump. Or at least openly questioned why they were receiving a partial document annomously that helps him. Be interesting to see how she spins it tonight.
    In this culture of trying to "Get"your opponents, I find these kinds of people, shows, articles, rely on the WOW factor more than substance and count on the fact that the public has been conditioned to allow them to walk it back after rather than get it right first.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I agree with your premise. I just think it was hysterical to see
      Maddow breathlessly hyping her exclusive release of a Trump tax return that did absolutely nothing to advance her narrative. She got played.
      I'm sure other returns will leak out and what they reveal will be endlessly discussed.
      her twitter was great last night. Her followers were waiting at the foot of the mountain, treating her like Moses. After? Back to being whiny bitches as usual...
      "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• I would hope that she'll come on tonight and admit right out front that they were played, and well played. Someone (Trump people as Diog suggested?) released the EXACT 2 pages of a return that would actually work in Trumps favor. And the WH knew ahead of time EXACTLY what information that she had, and they released it well before the show.

Journalists make mistakes, and this one was a pretty big one...own it and move on.

In the meantime, Trump releasing the information shows just what a sham the audit stall always was.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

I agree with your premise. I just think it was hysterical to see
          Maddow breathlessly hyping her exclusive release of a Trump tax return that did absolutely nothing to advance her narrative. She got played.
          I'm sure other returns will leak out and what they reveal will be endlessly discussed.
          You don't think she knew what the return said before the show? Please. It accomplished several goals.

1. The returns aren't secret and magical. People can produce them, and they can be put on television.
          2. He did pay taxes, despite his claim that he didn't because he was too smart to pay taxes.
          3. He paid at less than 25%. The rich don't get soaked like they cry and moan all the time.
          4. It opens the question of whether he leaked the return, like he has historically leaked favorable information about himself, which is a fun notion.
          5. It pushes the dialogue along. We're not talking only about candidates. Every president since Nixon has produced his returns. And Nixon cheated on his.

Maddow gives Fox nightmares, as evidenced by their real time vapors last night.
          If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• the reporter who got the tax reports was this guy

https://www.amazon.com/Making-Donald.../dp/1612196322

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 14h14 hours ago
            More
            Does anybody really believe that a reporter, who nobody ever heard of, "went to his mailbox" and found my tax returns? @NBCNews FAKE NEWS!

I am pretty sure Trump and others have heard of this guy - or else why would teh white house have given the 2 pages of tax info to him

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
              You don't think she knew what the return said before the show? Please. It accomplished several goals.

1. The returns aren't secret and magical. People can produce them, and they can be put on television.
              2. He did pay taxes, despite his claim that he didn't because he was too smart to pay taxes.
              3. He paid at less than 25%. The rich don't get soaked like they cry and moan all the time.
              4. It opens the question of whether he leaked the return, like he has historically leaked favorable information about himself, which is a fun notion.
              5. It pushes the dialogue along. We're not talking only about candidates. Every president since Nixon has produced his returns. And Nixon cheated on his.

I love ya, but you constantly miss the big picture.

What anyone who's not Progressive is going to see.

He Paid his taxes.
              The Fake News continually makes something out of nothing.
              Who cares about everything else.

If the country were full of people likemind with you, it'd make a difference, but it's not.

This is a BIG misstep for the Left and anyone who's working to expose Trump and get his ass out of office or diminish his power.

The fact that you either see it as a positive or are trying to spin it that way is just an illustration of how out of touch you are with the overall public sentiment regarding much that is happening politically right now.

I get it, things used to be the way you see them, but they're not anymore.

This was exactly what the Trumpers wanted and frankly, needed. Just a stupid move by Maddow and MSNBC.
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Of course she saw them first--where did I say otherwise? The fact she had them and breathlessly hyped them when they do nothing but help Trump is pretty dumb on her part and the MSNBC team. You have to squint pretty hard to see this as anything but positive for Trump.

Comment

Of course she saw them first--where did I say otherwise? The fact she had them and breathlessly hyped them when they do nothing but help Trump is pretty dumb on her part and the MSNBC team. You have to squint pretty hard to see this as anything but positive for Trump.
                  You didn't, but it has been claimed that she was played by being tricked into a build-up of the reveal of the returns without knowing what was in them. My point was only that she knew and apparently wanted a big audience for her purposes.

I agree that she over-hyped the whole thing. I think it is telling, though, that a return which doesn't show him to be a stone criminal is lauded as a positive for the President. At some point even the most jaded of Americans will develop enough pride to have greater expectations from our Commander-in-Chief. Until then, I think the return does some good things. The mere fact that we are talking again about the fact that Trump has given patently false excuses for not releasing his returns is a positive.

As for whether "John Miller" himself released the return, I'm surprised there hasn't been more pushback from the White House. I know the President said nobody knows this Pulitzer Prize winning journalist, and I know they sent Booji Boy out to decry the evil of releasing this "client copy" of the return. I'm wondering if this might be something Trump winds up regretting. At this level, you can't get away with as much silly shit as you can in the business world. You can't just write a check and paper over screwups every time.
                  If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Hmm..I'm pretty much staying out of this one, but I think GITH's last post is pretty much right. I've already seen a discussion comparing the Oracle of Omaha's taxes with Trump's return, commenting how Buffett's low rate indicates "crony left-wing capitalism" and other such red meat.
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

You have to squint pretty hard to see this as anything but positive for Trump.
                      Or be blind.
                      "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                        Or be blind.
                        Wow, way to suck up to nots and pad your post total at the same time!

Watched Trump's campaign rally tonight. I was surprised to see him shoot his lawyers in the feet while talking about his new travel ban being blocked today. I've had clients like that before, but I always had the option to fire them.

Comment

Wow, way to suck up to nots and pad your post total at the same time!

Watched Trump's campaign rally tonight. I was surprised to see him shoot his lawyers in the feet while talking about his new travel ban being blocked today. I've had clients like that before, but I always had the option to fire them.
                          He was sucking up to me.

And getting fired when people don't agree with the way we do things is always an option, right?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Trumps budget came out today...slash and burn to just about everything but Defense and Vet's affairs. Cuts Ag (who needs safe food?) cuts Commerce (Who need NOAA? Climate change isn't real!), cuts Education by 10 billion (Kids, a dime a dozen...smart ones will figure it out!), cuts Energy (more of that Science hoo haa.), cuts Health and Human Services (who needs to help old people and the disabled? Send 'em out on an Ice Floe!), Cuts National Institute of Health (Research, Bah!), cuts Hud (Meal on Wheels? What the hell is that?), cuts Interior (Parks suck, so do historical places!), cuts Labor (Job training??? Minority programs? WTF?)...and it goes on, and on, and on.

It's likely DOA, but it just continues to show the arrogance and lack of understanding of these people. Meal on Wheels cut? Really? It's barely over 3 million bucks, less that a weekend trip to Mar-a-Lago...and FAR less expensive than it is so that Melania doesn't have to see her husband.
                            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                            -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                              Trumps budget came out today...slash and burn to just about everything but Defense and Vet's affairs. Cuts Ag (who needs safe food?) cuts Commerce (Who need NOAA? Climate change isn't real!), cuts Education by 10 billion (Kids, a dime a dozen...smart ones will figure it out!), cuts Energy (more of that Science hoo haa.), cuts Health and Human Services (who needs to help old people and the disabled? Send 'em out on an Ice Floe!), Cuts National Institute of Health (Research, Bah!), cuts Hud (Meal on Wheels? What the hell is that?), cuts Interior (Parks suck, so do historical places!), cuts Labor (Job training??? Minority programs? WTF?)...and it goes on, and on, and on.

It's likely DOA, but it just continues to show the arrogance and lack of understanding of these people. Meal on Wheels cut? Really? It's barely over 3 million bucks, less that a weekend trip to Mar-a-Lago...and FAR less expensive than it is so that Melania doesn't have to see her husband.
                              His entire administration is DOA, he's getting stonewalled at every turn.

It's only a matter of time before he cracks.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Can't wait to hear the familiar refrain from his enablers, just wait until he actually does something.
                                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                                X