X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nots View Post
    Stoned
    I hope Sessions doesn't find out.
    "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
    - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
    - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
      How's Johnson looking now???
      Still clueless.
      If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
        Bernie wasnt on the final ballot...
        He wasn't?
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
          And in today's news:

Representative Steve King, R-Iowa, told the New York Times on Tuesday that he believes in the existence of a “deep state” attempting to undermine President Trump’s administration.

“We are talking about the emergence of a deep state led by Barack Obama, and that is something that we should prevent,” King told the Times. “The person who understands this best is Steve Bannon, and I would think that he’s advocating to make some moves to fix it.”

King’s remarks echoed a previous statement made on his Twitter account, where he wrote the president “needs to purge Leftists from executive branch before disloyal, illegal & treasonist [sic] acts sink us.”

King said the Obama family’s decision to continue to live in Washington, D.C., is an indication that the former president is leading efforts to disrupt the current administration. In reality, the Obamas have said that they will stay in Washington until their younger daughter, Sasha, graduates from high school. The Obama Presidential Center and the Obama Foundation will both be based in Chicago.

(You see, I knew it was a ruse about staying in D.C. until his daughter finished high school. He's there to cause trouble. Those people are all about causing trouble. He just needs to go back to wherever he came from.)
          When did many Republicans become this brainwashed, tin foil hat wearing collective?

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
            Stoned
            Beat me to it...

Steve King, BTW, is the worst type of politician that any party has to offer. A pandering neanderthal (apologies to all neanderthals) who thinks the worst in people and thinks that everyone else does as well. I know a lot of people in Iowa, and I like them...I can't for the life of me understanding why you'd want this guy to be your representative. I get that in politics, everyone else's guy sucks but mine (which is why they keep getting re-elected), but damn, isn't there just the least bit of embarrassment here?

As far as the FISA warrant goes, it's just more shitty magician smoke and mirrors. I read that the President was pretty happy with the results of his tweets, and how they got everyone going in the other direction...
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

• And in Gitmo related news:

Another day in the White House, another crazy-ass claim about Obama.

President Trump attacked former President Barack Obama on Twitter yet again on Tuesday — this time over the Obama administration’s release of detainees from Guantánamo Bay, Cuba.

“122 vicious prisoners, released by the Obama Administration from Gitmo, have returned to the battlefield,” Trump tweeted. Just another terrible decision!”

But 113 of those reported recidivists were released during former President George W. Bush’s presidency — roughly 21 percent of the 532 transferred by the Bush administration. Just nine of the 161 released by Obama at the time of the report were confirmed of reengaging, or about 6 percent.

As is often the case with Trump’s tweets, the president apparently got the questionable statistic while watching his favorite morning show, “Fox & Friends.”

What is it about the period between 3:00 a.m. and 6:30 a.m. that seems to bring out the urge in President Trump to tweet odd things?
              If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

And in Gitmo related news:

Another day in the White House, another crazy-ass claim about Obama.

President Trump attacked former President Barack Obama on Twitter yet again on Tuesday — this time over the Obama administration’s release of detainees from Guantánamo Bay, Cuba.

“122 vicious prisoners, released by the Obama Administration from Gitmo, have returned to the battlefield,” Trump tweeted. Just another terrible decision!”

But 113 of those reported recidivists were released during former President George W. Bush’s presidency — roughly 21 percent of the 532 transferred by the Bush administration. Just nine of the 161 released by Obama at the time of the report were confirmed of reengaging, or about 6 percent.

As is often the case with Trump’s tweets, the president apparently got the questionable statistic while watching his favorite morning show, “Fox & Friends.”

What is it about the period between 3:00 a.m. and 6:30 a.m. that seems to bring out the urge in President Trump to tweet odd things?
                He gets wiggy when he isn't taking golden showers.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  When did many Republicans become this brainwashed, tin foil hat wearing collective?
                  Steve King is far more than brainwashed.

Comment

• Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                    Steve King is far more than brainwashed.
                    LOL, you would know more than me. He doesn't really register out east.

Comment

He's probably sitting on the can.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        He's probably sitting on the can.
                        I know that as I have gotten older I have problems sleeping many nights. I often wake up around 3:30 and have trouble getting back to sleep.

My daughter tells me I actually have a Twitter account she set up for me, but the only people I am following are Jason Collette and Bootsy Collins.

I may have to start tweeting early in the day. I promise not to accuse you guys of committing felonies.

Comment

I know that as I have gotten older I have problems sleeping many nights. I often wake up around 3:30 and have trouble getting back to sleep.

My daughter tells me I actually have a Twitter account she set up for me, but the only people I am following are Jason Collette and Bootsy Collins.

I may have to start tweeting early in the day. I promise not to accuse you guys of committing felonies.
                          You could try my solution to not sleeping at nights, start work at 3:00am. Works wonders!
                          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                          -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Definitely some strange stuff coming out from the Donald's twitter. He must be pissed that his stupid tweets are getting so much attention, serves him right.
                            ---------------------------------------------
                            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                              Definitely some strange stuff coming out from the Donald's twitter. He must be pissed that his stupid tweets are getting so much attention, serves him right.
                              IDK, his stupid tweets tends to distract the media from more important issues related to him, so maybe that is what he wants. I don't think he is particularly smart, but he is savvy when it comes to playing the media, and playing his followers against the media.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                                IDK, his stupid tweets tends to distract the media from more important issues related to him, so maybe that is what he wants. I don't think he is particularly smart, but he is savvy when it comes to playing the media, and playing his followers against the media.
                                totally agree with you, I was being a little bit sarcastic Clearly he is making controversial tweets for a reason.

By the way, I do enjoy reading your posts in the Sports Bar, they are very well thought out and informative/thought provoking (and I'm honestly not being sarcastic here, really do think your posts are top notch)
                                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X