Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some of you spend more time pointing out the lack of the "other side" not showing outrage toward their own side than just showing your own outrage.

Hilarity.
    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
      It amuses the hell out of me that the more conservative factions of RJ essentially ignored all of the developments of the last several days in the WH, but seize upon this tempest in a teapot as a chance to score some points. No comment on Tumps accusation that the previous President allegedly violated several laws? That the FBI is asking the Justice Department to essentially denounce Trumps accusations by simply saying that the FBI had NEVER requested such a wiretap? That the President again, spent taxpayers money on what is nothing more than a glorified vacation? That the people inside the White House are so desperate for some sense of order that they're leaking like a sieve, hoping that something, somewhere, sticks and makes a difference? That the Administration is proposing slashing agencies budgets to the bone, and beyond? That there's more linking Trump associates to Russia just about every day?

No, instead defend KellyAnne from social media and some boorish politician...

BTW, I could give a shit about how she sits in his office, it's Trumps for the time being, and his rules apply. I just wish that he'd have an official White House Photographer for these thing, so staffers don't have to shoot them on their phones.
      Actually, it was one of your liberal wolfpack mates who seized upon the idiotic tempest to score some points. I called him on it in one post and was ready to be done with it, until the rest of pack felt compelled to rush in and defend his nonsensical statement.

I don't comment on Trump in this forum for several reasons, largely because:

1) The bad/ wrong/ stupid things he does are self-evident, and you all wallow in them daily, so I don't think it adds much value for me to chime in when I agree with you.
      2) You all are not particularly receptive to viewpoints that are not virulently anti-Trump, so it's a frustrating headache to chime in when I disagree with you, knowing I will get zero acknowledgement.
      3) I'm a contrarian, and I usually only post when I disagree. In general, I agree that he sucks.
      4) He's not particularly interesting to me. He is who he is - a petty, petulant, insecure, reactionary egomaniac. Everything he does and says flows very predictably from that. Not too many layers to his onion.
      5) Aside from the original travel ban, he hasn't actually done much of anything yet. I don't see the value in reacting to every idiotic comment and tweet. His words mean nothing; I'm more interested in his actions.

If you want to know what I think about a topic, you can skip the weak "calling out" snark and just ask.

1) No comment on Trump's accusation that the previous President allegedly violated several laws? He's lying, I'm sure. He has adopted Fox News' modus operandi - take some nugget of truth (Obama's handful of questionable FISA requests) and blow it up into a favorable fantasy narrative.

That the FBI is asking the Justice Department to essentially denounce Trumps accusations by simply saying that the FBI had NEVER requested such a wiretap? Good. That's exactly the kind of calm, level-headed blowback that will expose his blustering.

That the President again, spent taxpayers money on what is nothing more than a glorified vacation? It's wrong, and he's a hypocrite with no sense of propriety. Are you surprised? I'm not.

That the people inside the White House are so desperate for some sense of order that they're leaking like a sieve, hoping that something, somewhere, sticks and makes a difference? Possible, but unproven. There are a lot of leaks, but I'm not ready to assign an overarching motive until I get a better sense of where they're coming from.

That the Administration is proposing slashing agencies budgets to the bone, and beyond? Much as I want to see the size and scope of government reduced, I don't trust him to do it wisely. I expect he'll make a wreck of it, and damage the concept in the process.

That there's more linking Trump associates to Russia just about every day? I'm all for a full and fair investigation.

I've been hit with the "defending Republicans" accusation ever since I've posted here. I don't defend them, I attack weak arguments against them, simply because I hate weak arguments. Stick to factual, reasoned, substantive arguments, and you'll rarely hear a peep of protest from me.
      Last edited by senorsheep; 03-06-2017, 11:30 PM.
      "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
      "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
      "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
        Actually, it was one of your liberal wolfpack mates who seized upon the idiotic tempest to score some points. I called him on it in one post and was ready to be done with it, until the rest of pack felt compelled to rush in and defend his nonsensical statement.

1) The bad/ wrong/ stupid things he does are self-evident, and you all wallow in them daily, so I don't think it adds much value for me to chime in when I agree with you.
        2) You all are not particularly receptive to viewpoints that are not virulently anti-Trump, so it's a frustrating headache to chime in when I disagree with you, knowing I will get zero acknowledgement.
        3) I'm a contrarian, and I usually only post when I disagree. In general, I agree that he sucks.
        4) He's not particularly interesting to me. He is who he is - a petty, petulant, insecure, reactionary egomaniac. Everything he does and says flows very predictably from that. Not too many layers to his onion.
        5) Aside from the original travel ban, he hasn't actually done much of anything yet. I don't see the value in reacting to every idiotic comment and tweet. His words mean nothing; I'm more interested in his actions.

If you want to know what I think about a topic, you can skip the weak "calling out" snark and just ask.

1) No comment on Trump's accusation that the previous President allegedly violated several laws? He's lying, I'm sure. He has adopted Fox News' modus operandi - take some nugget of truth (Obama's handful of questionable FISA requests) and blow it up into a favorable fantasy narrative.

That the FBI is asking the Justice Department to essentially denounce Trumps accusations by simply saying that the FBI had NEVER requested such a wiretap? Good. That's exactly the kind of calm, level-headed blowback that will expose his blustering.

That the President again, spent taxpayers money on what is nothing more than a glorified vacation? It's wrong, and he's a hypocrite with no sense of propriety. Are you surprised? I'm not.

That the people inside the White House are so desperate for some sense of order that they're leaking like a sieve, hoping that something, somewhere, sticks and makes a difference? Possible, but unproven. There are a lot of leaks, but I'm not ready to assign an overarching motive until I get a better sense of where they're coming from.

That the Administration is proposing slashing agencies budgets to the bone, and beyond? Much as I want to see the size and scope of government reduced, I don't trust him to do it wisely. I expect he'll make a wreck of it, and damage the concept in the process.

That there's more linking Trump associates to Russia just about every day? I'm all for a full and fair investigation.

I've been hit with the "defending Republicans" accusation ever since I've posted here. I don't defend them, I attack weak arguments against them, simply because I hate weak arguments. Stick to factual, reasoned, substantive arguments, and you'll rarely hear a peep of protest from me.
        I like Contrarian Sheep.

I must, however, take issue with the idea that we shouldn't worry because he hasn't done anything yet. I agree that he hasn't done anything. But he has laid some serious groundwork. And if we wait until some of these plans are brought to fruition, it could be too late. So we need to be vigilant in some areas. (Kellyanne Conway and Sean Spicer are not among those, though. We can let SNL deal with them.)
        If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
          I like Contrarian Sheep.

I must, however, take issue with the idea that we shouldn't worry because he hasn't done anything yet. I agree that he hasn't done anything. But he has laid some serious groundwork. And if we wait until some of these plans are brought to fruition, it could be too late. So we need to be vigilant in some areas. (Kellyanne Conway and Sean Spicer are not among those, though. We can let SNL deal with them.)
          Contrarian Sheep isn't exactly taking things lying down. I have contacted my senators and representatives to let them know that I oppose the military spending increase and any federal marijuana crackdown.

I don't think his opponents should do nothing, but they should be smart about picking their spots.
          "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
          "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
          "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Contrarian Sheep isn't exactly taking things lying down. I have contacted my senators and representatives to let them know that I oppose the military spending increase and any federal marijuana crackdown.

I don't think his opponents should do nothing, but they should be smart about picking their spots.
            Ms. Lucky stays after Cruz and Cornyn all the time. I don't think they pay much attention, but she keeps their inboxes active. The local congressman is a doctor and seems to be clueless. I cannot imagine what motivated him to seek public office.
            If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

I think that by the simple act of posting these types of things, I'm inviting comment. That's what the forum is all about to me, I don't see any point in posting things and NOT getting commentary back, both in agreement and opposition. I'm interested in seeing what kinds of things ALL sides of the political spectrum are thinking, because I see things in a certain way, and I'd like to see WHY someone else might think differently.

And I think that it's important to keep the pressure on the Administration in any way that I can, be it big or small. So posting things that Trump and Company does is just a small way for me to add to the weight of opinion. Every voice counts...and he's interesting in that everything that he does has an effect on people in the United States, for good or ill. And his words have hurt a lot of people already, and cost this country a lot, both in money, and in prestige.

I appreciate seeing your views on news events, and hope to see more of them.
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Ms. Lucky stays after Cruz and Cornyn all the time. I don't think they pay much attention, but she keeps their inboxes active. The local congressman is a doctor and seems to be clueless. I cannot imagine what motivated him to seek public office.
                Ben Carson??

Comment

I like Contrarian Sheep.
                  It almost goes without saying...but Contrarian Sheep would be a great name for a band.
                  Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• And in today's news:

Representative Steve King, R-Iowa, told the New York Times on Tuesday that he believes in the existence of a “deep state” attempting to undermine President Trump’s administration.

“We are talking about the emergence of a deep state led by Barack Obama, and that is something that we should prevent,” King told the Times. “The person who understands this best is Steve Bannon, and I would think that he’s advocating to make some moves to fix it.”

King’s remarks echoed a previous statement made on his Twitter account, where he wrote the president “needs to purge Leftists from executive branch before disloyal, illegal & treasonist [sic] acts sink us.”

King said the Obama family’s decision to continue to live in Washington, D.C., is an indication that the former president is leading efforts to disrupt the current administration. In reality, the Obamas have said that they will stay in Washington until their younger daughter, Sasha, graduates from high school. The Obama Presidential Center and the Obama Foundation will both be based in Chicago.

(You see, I knew it was a ruse about staying in D.C. until his daughter finished high school. He's there to cause trouble. Those people are all about causing trouble. He just needs to go back to wherever he came from.)

Comment

• Okay, here's a thing for anyone out there who wants to take a shot at defending the President on this Obama wiretapping thing.

A guy made this point the other day. If there was a FISA warrant, the President can find out immediately. He doesn't have to wonder or speculate. He doesn't have to tweet or read Breitbart. He can summon people to the White House and ask them. He has the power to declassify massive amounts of information. He doesn't need Congress to investigate this.

If there was no FISA warrant, he should be required to tell us, or at least Congress, what makes him believe he was hacked. His surrogates say there were news reports in NYT, BBC and others. But NYT and BBC only reported that Trump claimed there were wiretaps. Only in the most paranoid of circular reasoning does that serve as substantiation. And Conway, loyal to the end, says that the President may have information we don't have. Please. He's not a wizard or an medieval cleric. He doesn't get to claim some one-to-one relationship with the eternal verities which permits him knowledge beyond mere mortals.

So, what is the defense of the President here? I've given up on the Republicans just calling BS on the whole deal. But why don't they at least require him to put up or shut up? The only one I have seen come anywhere close is Ben Sasse.

Takers? You don't have to be a Republican. Just an FOT.

Comment

Trump is an idiot, but I am tired of the white noise from both sides.
                        "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                        - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                        - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• How's Johnson looking now???
                          It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                          Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
                            How's Johnson looking now???
                            Stoned

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
                              How's Johnson looking now???
                              Not as good as Bernie............
                              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                                Not as good as Bernie............
                                Bernie wasnt on the final ballot...
                                It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                                Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Working...
                                X