• Did they take Trumps twitter away?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hodor View Post
      Did they take Trumps twitter away?
      what makes you think that?

these are from yesterday-

Donald J. TrumpVerified account‏@realDonaldTrump 21h21 hours ago
      More
      Russia talk is FAKE NEWS put out by the Dems, and played up by the media, in order to mask the big election defeat and the illegal leaks!
      45,355 replies 19,986 retweets 87,901 likes
      Reply 45K Retweet 20K
      Like 88K
      Donald J. TrumpVerified account‏@realDonaldTrump Feb 26
      More
      For first time the failing @nytimes will take an ad (a bad one) to help save its failing reputation. Try reporting accurately & fairly!
      33,623 replies 19,393 retweets 91,421 likes
      Reply 34K Retweet 19K
      Like 91K

Comment

• Nothing about the Oscars yet

Comment

• Today President well done steak with catsup decided that we need to increase defense spending by 10%. Now, mind you, I don't recall even the most zealous of defense folks asking for such a thing, but nonetheless, he persists. And how will we pay for this increase you ask? Good question! By slashing most discretionary spending in just about all other agencies.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
            Today President well done steak with catsup decided that we need to increase defense spending by 10%. Now, mind you, I don't recall even the most zealous of defense folks asking for such a thing, but nonetheless, he persists. And how will we pay for this increase you ask? Good question! By slashing most discretionary spending in just about all other agencies.
            I haven't been as critical of President Trump as most folks in here. His bathrobe situation, his daughters clothing line, his Twitter fueds I just don't see as important and as nothing more than partisan hyperventialtion. But increasing the defense spending by 10% is one of the absolute worst ideas I have seen a President propose since the Iraq War. The last, I mean the absolute last, thing we need to do is to spend more money on the military so we can make it easier to invade, bomb and/or otherwise disaffect another part of the world.
            If you have some cash you want to spend, go get an infrastructure spending bill passed-- lots of folks will be on board with that. But more military spending? Seriously?

Comment

• Imagine that, Trump making a poor decision.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                Imagine that, Trump making a poor decision.
                As if he's actually making these decisions

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                  I haven't been as critical of President Trump as most folks in here. His bathrobe situation, his daughters clothing line, his Twitter fueds I just don't see as important and as nothing more than partisan hyperventialtion. But increasing the defense spending by 10% is one of the absolute worst ideas I have seen a President propose since the Iraq War. The last, I mean the absolute last, thing we need to do is to spend more money on the military so we can make it easier to invade, bomb and/or otherwise disaffect another part of the world.
                  If you have some cash you want to spend, go get an infrastructure spending bill passed-- lots of folks will be on board with that. But more military spending? Seriously?
                  I agree completely--a 10% increase on something we already spend 600 billion a year is absurd. It is also highly concerning, because why do you need to spend more on a MIC that already accounts for over a third of the entire world's military might, if you don't plan on using it. The one thing I wasn't as concerned about as some others was that Trump would bring us into another war. Now, that concern is rising. But even if that horror doesn't manifest, the untold damage this increase and the corresponding cuts to everything else will do to millions in this country, to quote the POTUS, is sad, very, very sad.

Everyone that rails against welfare spending, and keeps the welfare queen trope stuck in their head needs to educate themselves on the absurd amount of waste and corruption in the defense budget. It already dwarfs by order of magnitude all the waste in welfare programs. Yet so many seem to buy the narrative that we need to spend more to make us stronger. This choice--to increase massively military spending, while cutting all other programs, is the absolute worst possible budget outcome to me. While I would disagree with it, I could at least understand spending cuts across the board, to address our ever-mounting debt. But Trump plans to add to that debt without benefiting the American people at all.

Comment

found this interesting: https://www.forbes.com/sites/niallmc.../#597fa3184c47

Its a bit old, if you go here http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/...high_desc=true you can see that Russia is up to 5% of GDP and we are down to 3.3%.

Some quick fuzzy math, if we are at 3.3% now, a 10% increase would put us at 3.63% of GDP. I dont agree that we need throw more money at defense, but I'm also not going to lose any sleep over it.
                    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                      found this interesting: https://www.forbes.com/sites/niallmc.../#597fa3184c47

Its a bit old, if you go here http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/...high_desc=true you can see that Russia is up to 5% of GDP and we are down to 3.3%.

Some quick fuzzy math, if we are at 3.3% now, a 10% increase would put us at 3.63% of GDP. I dont agree that we need throw more money at defense, but I'm also not going to lose any sleep over it.
                      I don't think % of GDP tells the story in this instance as well as actual $ spent does.

Comment

• Another depressing but honest assessment of our country.

Forget the conspiracy theories. Something much more dangerous is seeking to gut our government and change the character of our society.
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Comment

I don't think % of GDP tells the story in this instance as well as actual $ spent does.
                          Of course it doesn't, it's just a way for cbb to sleep n better tonight.
                          - Terence McKenna

Comment

Actual $ makes it sound enormous, GDP% puts it in perspective.
                            "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Right, because GDP is comprehensible?
                              - Terence McKenna

Comment

Isn't it enormous?

Comment

Working...
                                X